Shaq Lawson Shoving A Fan During The Game

dgr81

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

Besides in a few weeks when the eagles blow the division and then ultimately lose in the playoffs in a game similar to today's where they cant come back those same eagles fans will hate all their own players.

Imaging being the fan base booing your 9-1 team, fresh off a super bowl appearance and victory not too long ago, for struggling before half time. 

Worst fanbase in all of sports. Can't wish enough struggles upon them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Imaging being the fan base booing your 9-1 team, fresh off a super bowl appearance and victory not too long ago, for struggling before half time. 

Worst fanbase in all of sports. Can't wish enough struggles upon them. 

They are up there for sure.  

The funny thing is they don't win anything really.  I get that fans hate Yankees fans ( I am one), bulls fans, pats fans etc. etc..  They have a history and culture of winning.

The eagles history is just losing playoff games.  I mean they had the all time greatest head coach offensive coordinator personnel man etc....in Andy Reid and made it to one super bowl and lost.  I mean come on.  

again I am 100 % convinced they are going to slip here and blow the division and lose in the divisional round. 

I am going to be rooting for the Detroit Lions so hard...I was really rooting for the  Rust belt super bowl we all deserve this year but I guess it is not to be.

we are probably going to be forced to sit through KC and SF or worse KC and Dallas.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

we are probably going to be forced to sit through KC and SF or worse KC and Dallas.

Sad but true. 

As dominant as the Pats were for those 20 years, the AFC had Peyton and Big Ben to somewhat keep them in check. Not to mention the Ravens, on defense alone. 

KC has the benefit of a featherweight division, much like the Pats did. But the AFC literally parts like the red sea for them every postseason. 

11 hours ago, Jukester said:

Doesn’t surprise me. Phillips is a lose cannon. Probably should’ve gotten a personal foul in the game for driving a guy into the ground after a play was over. Always on the edge of the line looking for confrontation. Just an undisciplined embarrassment

tbh, love the guy. drive them into the ground and don't hold back.

you play until the whistle is blown and FINISH the competition. Easy.

Fans are lucky they didn't get their brother kissing teeth kicked in. 

• Like (+1) 1

Where is security for this? We know that Philadelphia is one of the trashiest cities in the country but this is inexcusable and the NFL must step in to make sure security is enforced.

edit: it also stinks that you can't be a bully anymore. this guy needs his blocked off several times to learn his place in life. he is clearly a midget and his ego far outstrokes his physical being.

Edited by boyst
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Oh No... what is the medical report? is he going to make it?  

I hope his family was able to make it in time for the priest to administer his last rights.  

Now if you will excuse me I am going to go dust my ten foot  live laugh love wooden sign by my front door and pray for the city of Philadelphia in this trying time.

I was correcting your post.  But go on...

6 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Who cares.  These guys are all frustrated.  Everyone is so soft with this stuff.  They were just yelling at each other.  

I worked in a grocery store in high school and college and there was a guy who worked there who got into an actual fight with Ty Domi after heckling him at a game.  No one cared, the dude got called for saying stupid stuff.  No one died. Life went on.  

Besides in a few weeks when the eagles blow the division and then ultimately lose in the playoffs in a game similar to today's where they cant come back those same eagles fans will hate all their own players.

that's awesome!

how did the fight go?

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yet another indictment on coaching.  No player on the team should interact with the fans, and they should all know that because the coach has made it clear.

These players haven’t listened to McClap for awhile. No respect for him in that locker room. It was gone after 13 seconds.

come on folks, you think the Diggs training camp drama didn’t have to do with McClap still being here?

Stefon knows he’s never gonna get his ring if McClap stays employed here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

He's on the Right side of Phillips (to the Left of him as you look at it) & he's the one who shoved the guy at the end, not Phillips. Wasn't much of a shove frankly. But I could see the NFL having a problem with this. 

the nfl not having a problem with nfl fans engaging players is a greater problem to me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, colin said:

that's awesome!

how did the fight go?

he was a big dude like 6"4 ish and he reached over like he was tough and as he told us Ty Domi nailed him and dragged him down closer and got another shot in and yelled some stuff at him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Kind of surprised by the lack of Von in this situation. How is he not involved considering the entire d-line marched out as a unit? Did he give them some Godfather nod of approval or is he just completely tapped out? I thought being some weird player/coach constituted a good amount of his remaining value, he had no thoughts on this? 

Edited by Nelius
  • Agree 1

Last time we played the Eagles, I had the misfortune of sitting next to a bunch of Philly fans at the Ralph. They were right out of central casting, utterly insufferable, and taunting the Bills fans after the Eagles had won the game.  I wish Shaq and Phillips had been in our section that day. 

8 hours ago, Bufffalo_Bills_NH said:

Where is all the crow being eaten by people jumping to conclusions before knowing the whole story?  My only question why was the fan not thrown out of the game for such threats?

It’s easy to forget that stadium security is staffed by locals. Most are dedicated to doing their job the right way, but I’m sure there’s a few who don’t care much about protecting visiting teams and fans, especially if they’re stuck in fan mode themselves. The league should staff a small number of independent security at each game for players to report unresolved incidents. I’m not sure if this isn’t the case, but if not, it should. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Really simple here. 

You find the guy who did this.

ID him, and he gets a lifetime ban from attending ANY NFL games, period.

Lock him out.

Let him spend his life savings on a Taylor Swift ticket or something instead of Eagles seats. 

• Agree 1

I love both these guys as role players, and have been a fan of the swagger they bring to the field in the past. Loved when they got in Taylor Lewan's head so bad in Tennessee they baited the Titans OL into back to back flags and killed their drive which sealed the game for us.

But this crap just shows how little grip McD has on the team. Besides JP's undisciplined play all over the field and getting flags thrown on himself instead of baiting others into reacting and getting flags, no one on the team should be distracted from the game enough to engage with hecklers like this.

Where is the professionalism? Where is the "Process"? Humble and Hungry?

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I love both these guys as role players, and have been a fan of the swagger they bring to the field in the past. Loved when they got in Taylor Lewan's head so bad in Tennessee they baited the Titans OL into back to back flags and killed their drive which sealed the game for us.

But this crap just shows how little grip McD has on the team. Besides JP's undisciplined play all over the field and getting flags thrown on himself instead of baiting others into reacting and getting flags, no one on the team should be distracted from the game enough to engage with hecklers like this.

Where is the professionalism? Where is the "Process"? Humble and Hungry?

The video in the tweet proves nothing. The game is what 3-4 hours long and that only shows a min or two. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I think more players should fight fans. Fans think they can say whatever they want to players without consequence.

general rule of thumb, don’t say things you won’t say to that person face to face. Our society has become too comfortable at mouthing off from a distance without consequence. 

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.