Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Not so crazy idea.....we need more draft picks, plenyt of holes in the roster next year, we also need to get younger and cheaper.   McDermott is under contract, any possible way we could trade him to a team with an opening next year for pick(s)?

JFC. 

WHO IS TRADING FOR HIM????

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Mike McDaniel, Demecco Ryans, Nick Sirianni. All immediate impact. 

The notion a team spins their wheels for years while a coach learns to coach is ridiculous and has no basis in reality. 

Don't forget Shane Steichen in Indy.  He's doing an unbelievable job with a backup QB, a young roster, and no real receiving threats. 

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Really not in any way an indictment on Pegula.  75% of the coaches that are hired  never make it beyond their 1st contract.  So Pegula would just join a long list of other owners that are not able to predict the future and hire the wrong guy.

So yes a likely better than 50/50 he hires the wrong guy, but that's just normal in the NFL

In fairness to Pegula, Allen wasn't on the team back then.  

We were struggling to find a QB, and going with someone focused on D was not necessarily a bad move.  I'd question why McD, but otherwise it was a different situation. 

Now we know what we have Allen, and the next coach should be carefully interviewed to see what they'd do with Allen and the offense, not a defense that keeps choking in the biggest of situations.  

What is Pegula's fault and what was stupid and unwise, was extending McBeane without first seeing how at least the first half of this season played out.  

From a fan perspective the nice thing about that is that it doesn't impact the cap, it's purely money out of Pegula's pocket, which frankly, he deserves for being stupid enough to extend McBeane when there was no need to before seeing how our first half played out.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Allen2Moulds said:

We allowed 30pts in the 2nd half/OT.

McDermott has officially run out of people to blame.

Finding a new HC is always risky, but seems absolutely necessary at this point.

How about trading for a coach? Any candidates? OConnell from Minny?

I don't know....so hard.

No way you trade draft capital for a HC. Why not use that same picks to move up in the draft and get something of use… We definitely need another WR but Safety isn’t looking too hot either moving forward. 

Unless you’re trading for Andy Reid, save your picks. 

15 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Mike McDaniel, Demecco Ryans, Nick Sirianni. All immediate impact. 

The notion a team spins their wheels for years while a coach learns to coach is ridiculous and has no basis in reality. 

Cool that’s 3 coaches compared to the dozens of coaches that I could rattle off the top of my head that didn’t start out good. AND WHERE DID I SAY THE BILLS WILL BE SPINNING THEIR WHEELS FOR YEARS??? I said there’s a chance a new coach won’t hit the ground running, especially if they’re a young rookie HC. THATS IT. Sorry for not being some delusional optimist and saying “whoever the Bills hire will be great immediately and lead the Bills on a deep playoff run”.

Even in McD’s wins, he’s always given up late leads and turned easy wins into difficult wins. It’s got to be 75 percent of his total games coached.

This is a situation where “a win is a win” doesn’t fly because he hurts his team each and every week.

Edited by Governor
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I honestly can’t even look at him/listen to him anymore. 

All I see is a choke artist that became a long tenured HC here due to having a Top 2 QB in the league.  

He’s a good person, and I wish him well… but I’m so absolutely disgusted by him at this point. 

• Agree 5

32 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Who are these top coaches that will be available you’re talking about? If mean the Bills will be an attractive destination for a top coaching CANDIDATE (i.e. Johnson or Slowik), then I agree. But I don’t think it’s likely a young rookie HC is gonna hit the ground running no matter where they end up.

If Harbaugh comes back, he’s the highest winning percentage HC in NFL history the day he signs.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I thought the ‘insider’ scoop from someone locally plugged in was that McDermott would get a “pass” for dealing with such a pile of injuries on D

Question: why do we think Allbright, Denver insider, is especially plugged in with insight at OBD?

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I thought the ‘insider’ scoop from someone locally plugged in was that McDermott would get a “pass” for dealing with such a pile of injuries on D

Question: why do we think Allbright, Denver insider, is especially plugged in with insight at OBD?

Personally, I think Albright has been proven to be more often full of ***** than legitimately in the know.

3 minutes ago, Punch said:

Personally, I think Albright has been proven to be more often full of ***** than legitimately in the know.

I think he’s “in the know” about stuff that involves Denver.  He has contacts there.  He’s occasionally been right about various stuff around the league.

I don’t keep careful track but I share your impression

• Like (+1) 1

It should be flaming with losses to the Zach Wilson led Jets, The Mac Jones led Patriots, the Bronco led Russel Wilson, and by barely surviving the lowly Tyrod Taylor led Giants.  This season was over half way through, no matter the team we employed.  Our coach has a lot to answer for this season, and it can't end with the OC

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

7 minutes ago, BBFL said:

No way you trade draft capital for a HC. Why not use that same picks to move up in the draft and get something of use… We definitely need another WR but Safety isn’t looking too hot either moving forward. 

I'm not saying it's ideal, but HC is really important. We just saw how much Dorsey adversely effected the offense/team, and he was only the OC.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

At this point, with McD being a defensive minded coach and calling the plays, we have lost all our games by one score.  

If he can’t win with his defense and the offense did their part, then he deserves to be fired.  

What argument is there to keep him?

as devils advocate I will answer. The answer is his past laurels  . AKA winning seasons, playoff appearances  and and the concept of "The Process" being a winning formula. Fear of regression with a new coach.

Im not saying I agree  with all of that. For me personally it is time for Beane to find a new head coach. and as fergy stated, evaluation of all personnel position will be done. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think he’s “in the know” about stuff that involves Denver.  He has contacts there.  He’s occasionally been right about various stuff around the league.

I don’t keep careful track but I share your impression

There's no question, that he's a well connected insider. Not sure what we get out of debating this. 

4 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I'm not saying it's ideal, but HC is really important. We just saw how much Dorsey adversely effected the offense/team, and he was only the OC.

With you 100%. A HC is the driver behind the wheel of the vehicle come game day. 

Coaching trades have never been cheap. Hire an up-and-comer if you want a coaching change whilst retaining the resources he can have to amend or build the roster he wants. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

McDermott is a great person but he is not a great HC in this league and he continues to show he cannot handle pressure situations.  The team either blows teams out or we lose close games late.  Even wins against both the Bucks and Giants came down to plays that refs could have easily called penalties and we lose. 

Offence has had issues but they have given us leads late and defence chokes.  I just hope they move on and bring in an offensive minded HC who insists the Bills draft some receivers with high picks.  Sorry but Davis is not a #2 receiver,  how many times this season has he been not on the same page as Allen and 2 clown WR receivers Beane signed have been complete garbage. Has either player made even one big play this year,  total wasted roster spots.  McDermott is the reason why both Poyer and Hyde are still in the league,  soft zones and just play back.  

This losing games after getting leads started in the Houston playoff game and has not stopped.  I am tired of these heart breaking losses over and over. I thought today was a day to make up for Broncos loss and get back on track and McDermott totally choked with some many stupid decisions.

Enough and time to move on before we totally waste Allen's prime years and if Beane is not on board then get rid of him too. Allen is by far the most talented QB this franchise has had and they give him scrubs for WR'S while spending draft picks and cap space on defensive players.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not opposed to firing McD. I’m just worried more about Pegula replacing him with someone better

The thing is, I’d rather go with the unknown at this point, because we all know at this point what McD gets you. It’s just not good enough. 

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It should be flaming with losses to the Zach Wilson led Jets, The Mac Jones led Patriots, the Bronco led Russel Wilson, and by barely surviving the lowly Tyrod Taylor led Giants.  This season was over half way through, no matter the team we employed.  Our coach has a lot to answer for this season, and it can't end with the OC

This.  Josh is going on a heater, and we’re still going to miss the playoffs because of those three nonsense losses.  I give McD a pass for last year.  Frankly, landing that plane where he did was kind of a masterpiece.  But we’re still not over 13 seconds, and we just keep finding a way to screw things up.  There might be too many scars with this guy to run it back with him next year. 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Yeah that ***** didn’t work out for the Patriots.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.