Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm kind of like, sure, I'd still like to make the playoffs.

But what are the chances that we can avoid having a small lead we have to protect near the end of the game?  Because if we do, I have almost zero faith we can hold it.  It's like we'll have to win every game by 2 scores.

They could easily do exactly that except coach mcvanity wants his defense to be the reason they win and scoring in 90 seconds and putting the defense back out is just too much physical exertion for his golden boys and kills their stats

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

One other thing. it looked like there was a breeze from right to left on your TV screen all game. Eagles defer, that's fine. Seemed like Bills were against the wind in the second quarter, whatever. They got the ball, Eagles pick which end to defend. Similar for overtime, Bills took the ball, Eagles chose to drive right-to-left with the wind.

In the second half though... how in the world are the Bills not driving from right-to-left in the fourth quarter given the choice of which end to defend, which they HAD to have had in the second half post-deferral? What I saw from the rain in that stadium was definitely slanting right-to-left.

Why did the Eagles have the wind in the second quarter, fourth quarter, AND overtime????

Because the Eagles are smart.  The 2nd and 4th Qtrs are always the most important because teams use timeouts and there’s additional plays happening and last second FG attempts.  Sometimes Buffalo blows the wind advantage even at home when they can have it at the end.

• Like (+1) 1

I said this just this week,  and doesn't it come back up to haunt this team to it's early playoff grave this year. 

McD does not know how to get teams off the field when the game is on the line.  That is the biggest weakness of his D play calling and once again has cost us wins against Denver, NE and now Philly.

McD is not the answer and never will be. He is now responsible for 3 game ending losses to other teams when leading in the 4th Qtr. and now a overtime game.

I can't wait until McD is shown the door.  His press conference tonight and tomorrow should be subtitled in some sort of foreign language, because I do not want to hear his pathetic deflecting and denial,  and him not taking any responsibility for this loss.

2023 Buffalo Bills Season

giphy.gif

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, zow2 said:

Because the Eagles are smart.  The 2nd and 4th Qtrs are always the most important because teams use timeouts and there’s additional plays happening and last second FG attempts.  Sometimes Buffalo blows the wind advantage even at home when they can have it at the end.

is a 60-yarder possible in those conditions without having the wind? Would that kick even have been an option in the other direction? Let alone the Hail Murray Jr touchdown?

McDermott had had 5 years of his process to get better every day, and he still makes these moron mistakes. Can he not find a 13-year-old Madden champion to run gameday strategy for him, since he's so overmatched using that rasslin brain of his?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Blame whoever you want. My point remains: the offense turned it over on a short field essentially gifting them points 

Can’t win if you don’t win the turnover battle. Oh wsit we did…  McD D can’t make a ***** stop when the game is on the line. That’s are problem, that’s our biggest problem…. You can’t expect to play perfect football every week. To win close games you need to be able to score at the end or make a stop. We have lost 3 times this season going ahead under 2 minutes.  We also got a break by officiating against the Giants.  This D is bad when the game is on the line. Really ***** bad. We either win big or lose. That’s a huge coaching problem

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFooteball said:

Always losing the “game of the year” sickening loss. Terrible officiating aside this team continues to find unbelievable ways to lose games. 

McDermott won’t quit it until every team in the NFL has an “instant classic” win against the Bills. It’s incredible how consistent he is at losing in big moments.

0-6 in OT, by luck alone we should have won at least 1.

We are consistently defying statistics and losing games that nobody has ever been dumb enough to lose before.

It’s incredible if you aren’t a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Goodnight all. After more than 50 years of Bills fandom, I think the Bills have finally broken me. Its ridiculous to be as upset as I am about a stupid game.  

It sucks but there's still something to play for here. We will see how it plays out. Gut wrenching though I agree. Bright side is that was vintage Josh. We still have that.

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

“He had a crucial INT though in the 4th!”

First thing my Steelers-fan friend said "that's 8 games in a row he throws a pick, he lost that game"

We almost came to blows, seriously. He knows jack and ***** about football, that was all about the Eagles coaches recognizing a Bills formation/pattern tendency and running a robber with their boundary corner jumping a slot route. If Allen had saw that instead of throwing the rhythm pass as coached, that's probably a walk-in score since the outside man was completely unmarked. Trying to explain that fact simply escalated the situation and it degenerated from there. We grunted at each other leaving the watch party... and this after me getting him a nice bottle of scotch for a significant milestone birthday.

• Like (+1) 2

How was there not a penalty when the d back cheap shots Diggs with a helmet to the back of his neck on the Allen touchdown run? That was a planned assault to injure. There is no other reason to hit him, the TD was already scored. It’s bad enough ignoring holding and pass interference, but a deliberate attempt to injure? That’s criminal activity in my book, Diggs could have been seriously injured.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Davis “works his ass off no one works harder”.  Yet when the game is on the line and it is clear he is manned up presnap and they are blitzing he does not recognize it.  The drops are one thing but you have to be on the same page there.  And a guy who has been with Allen for 4 years….it just sucks.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Goodnight all. After more than 50 years of Bills fandom, I think the Bills have finally broken me. Its ridiculous to be as upset as I am about a stupid game.  

Send me $20 and I'll lock you out for 24 hrs..... 💲💲💲

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

“The #Bills are the 40th team since the 1970 Merger to have 500 yards, 10 third down conversions and a positive turnover margin in a game. They are the first team to lose in that scenario. Teams were 39-0 entering today“

THAT STINGS

Yeah that is McD in a nutshell even when given such a game altering performance by JA17 his D calling lost this game.

50 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

That's ok, I got plenty.

That second half was the Bills coaching staff getting pantsed by the Eagles coaching staff who can actually adapt and craft plays to attack the Bills strategy of "we do what we do"

The Bills gameplan for the week was excellent I thought, save for the remnant 3rd-and-short shotgun draws. They kicked the crap out out Philly the entire first half and somehow (mainly refs) led by only 10. But the second half... oh the second half. There's at least a half dozen plays that were 100% scheme success by the Eagles coaches - mainly on offense but including the robber gamble on the INT probably dictated by the Bills tendencies and throttling of Josh to take the short throws. The outside corner completely abandoned his coverage based on the the formation and patterns, because as was said last season they "knew where the ball was going." That said, a lot of what the Bills did, the Eagles - a 9-1 Super Bowl team - had no answer for. When the Bills needed to throw, they threw. When they needed to run, they ran. If by some miracle they get into the playoffs and literally anyone makes gameday coaching decisions besides McDumdum they could easily go 7-seed-to-SB, but methinks they'll be tanked by the brass somewhere on the way. 

It takes an unbelievably bad head coach with a pathological need for his special unit - the defense - to be the star of the show even when he's getting killed by 2nd half adjustments. The concept of EV (expected value) or expected points per play, whatever - it's not a surprise the Bills are near the top in this category on Offense and Defense. if you look at the straight up numbers, they should be anywhere from 11-1 to 8-4 at the VERY worst. It's amazing they're top 5 in every stat that matters except win, where they're 10th... in the CONFERENCE.

The problem is coaching, and coaching decisions. Almost everything McDummy on game day does puts his thumb on the scale the wrong way. A game that plays out like today's game, the Bills win probably 8 out of 10 times. But McDummy takes away a couple percent here, a couple percent there with game time decisions every game, and continues running his scheme out like an invincible idiot once it's solved. Everyone knows McDummy is going to dial up pressure in key situation so have your blitz beaters ready, and the got beat over and over on the most critical, game-altering downs in the 2nd half.

It's unconscionable at this point that a franchise with a cheat code at the most critical position in sports can lose the games they've lost, in the way they've lost them, for 3 ***** years now. This is not an aberration; this is who McDummy is. He'd rather lose on the last play than win by 30 because "muh complementary football." It's time for him to go after he bumbles and mucks his way to an 8-9 season in the absolute prime of an unprecedented talent at QB, which is nigh impossible except for an arch-fool at the helm.

Pass the strawberries.

Folks who still want McD to stay should ask themselves a really simple question. How would McD fare with an average NFL QB and a GM that he does not control? He won the NFL HC lottery with Josh, and his GM gave him one Defensive piece after the other, after the other via the Draft and Free Agency. And we still get this this?

He's gotta go. He's just gotta go. We have to break this curse. 

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Davis “works his ass off no one works harder”.  Yet when the game is on the line and it is clear he is manned up presnap and they are blitzing he does not recognize it.  The drops are one thing but you have to be on the same page there.  And a guy who has been with Allen for 4 years….it just sucks.  

I mean, that was the game right there.

Plenty of blame to go around.  But Allen's frustration after that play, and I think Davis threw his helmet on the sideline.  Just a lapse at the worst possible time.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Folks who still want McD to stay should ask themselves a really simple question. How would McD fare with an average NFL QB and a GM that he does not control? He won the NFL HC lottery with Josh, and his GM gave him one Defensive piece after the other, after the other via the Draft and Free Agency. And we still get this this?

Honestly I think he would be about .500. he is a coach that needs to coach bad teams

He is absolutely clueless how to coach a team that is better than the opposing team 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I came home for Thanksgiving weekend, watched with some other out of town relatives.  As soon as Hurts ran in said we all said collectively, can’t  wait to leave this loser sports city.   But i’ll still watch.  I like getting emotionally abused i guess. 

4 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

WE ARE IN FULL AGREEMENT, SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season 9 Hug GIF by The Office

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

Folks who still want McD to stay should ask themselves a really simple question. How would McD fare with an average NFL QB and a GM that he does not control? He won the NFL HC lottery with Josh, and his GM gave him one Defensive piece after the other, after the other via the Draft. And we still get this this?

Clappy carried a lot of water for the franchise. I'm not flipping out unreasonably for a botch or two. This is maybe a dozen games now where basically, all the gameday coach has to do is: not ***** everything up. But he keeps doing it, over and over, losing to bums, getting embarrassed by his opposing number.

i could see a scenario where the Bills playing like they did today go 4-0 in the next month winning impressively every week, and get themselves to a win-and-in in Miami, beat their asses up and down the field, and somehow this dipstick will find a way to lose in the last minute to end the season.

I sound like a broken record saying this for the past couple of years, but I think it's becoming obvious to EVERYONE now that McDermott is a coach that will do exactly what is required to lose the game: no more, and no less. I have no more slack to give him. This is who he is. If you need the Bills to win "one before you die" sooner than later, you need him gone sooner than later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Explain how a perfectly schemed wheel route for an easy touchdown to Cooke (dropped) was Brady's fault?  Of two missed FG's.  Players execute those 3 routine plays and we're winning 30-7 at halftime.  I don't even think McChoke and lose that lead??

how many first down drives and 3rd down conversion were negated in the 1st have repeatedly trying to run up the gut after

announcers saying thats the strength of the philly O-line. ?   I know the first drive we hit 3rd down, dorsey takes over and we go no where up the gut.'

next drive 3rd down, Dorsey comes back and we go no where again up the gut.   

McD has had a few great "Statement wins" but its now gotten to the point that the "statement losses" have eclipsed those games. In fact I would argue that these type of losses have been so psychologically devastating that McD cannot continue. 13 seconds, the Houston playoff loss, the crushing Bengals playoff loss (where they were totally unprepared), the Minni fumble on the 1 loss, the Peterman 5 INT loss and this Philly game among others that I have mercifully forgotten. I cannot believe that any team can still believe in their coach when they have experienced even one of these losses let alone multiple ones. I think McD has always been an anchor on this team and they have won DESPITE him. He needs to go now!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

First thing my Steelers-fan friend said "that's 8 games in a row he throws a pick, he lost that game"

We almost came to blows, seriously. He knows jack and ***** about football, that was all about the Eagles coaches recognizing a Bills formation/pattern tendency and running a robber with their boundary corner jumping a slot route. If Allen had saw that instead of throwing the rhythm pass as coached, that's probably a walk-in score since the outside man was completely unmarked. Trying to explain that fact simply escalated the situation and it degenerated from there. We grunted at each other leaving the watch party... and this after me getting him a nice bottle of scotch for a significant milestone birthday.

Your friends team is not good..his qb is bad.. they will be a short visitor if they get to the playoffs 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.