11/26/23 Week #12 GAMEDAY Bills at Eagles Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, FLFan said:

The Eagles have the least rushes against in the league.  Teams are passing on them, sometimes because they are behind but also because the Eagles are more vulnerable there.  I think the Bills can and will rush enough against the Eagles if they are smart about it.  That said, this is not a team you try and ground and pound against.  They need to pass and score to win.  

I guess my somewhat long-winded point was: what ground-and-pound teams have the Eagles faced?  Yes, they have the least rushes against them in the league, but with the exception of the Dolphins (who are not a ground-and-pound team), they've also faced teams that don't run very much or successfully overall.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If the Raiders were going to do anything to the Chiefs this year it was always going to be an in division weirdness game.

You are probably right about that, but Miami did everything possible to hand that game last week to the Raiders and their total offensive incompetence prevented an upset victory.  KC has a much better D than Miami.  I can’t see Hoyer being much of an upgrade over that chump they played last week.  This has been a strange year though …..

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I guess my somewhat long-winded point was: what ground-and-pound teams have the Eagles faced?  Yes, they have the least rushes against them in the league, but with the exception of the Dolphins (who are not a ground-and-pound team), they've also faced teams that don't run very much or successfully overall.

I think we are on the same page.  I was just suggesting I certainly hope the Bills do not take that approach.  

9 hours ago, FLFan said:

Who is playing QB for the Raiders?  Sounds like it’s going to be Hoyer, or rather the rotting corpse of Brian Hoyer.  The Raiders offense is a hot mess.  I cannot see them hanging with KC in any way.  

Gah that's what I get to watch here in The Lou

Returned to edit: It was a more interesting game than I thought it would be, for 3 Q

Edited by Beck Water

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I have a feeling we are going to see the Bills stop at least 1 "Tush Push". Buffalo is normally excellent on 3rd or 4th and short and I think Big Ed's quickness can shoot in and stall it out. 

I was watching the tush push on one of the shows this AM - the front OL get so low they are basically crawling on the ground - wonder if they would call a penalty if the DL took a step on their back to go over them 

Edited by stevewin

This is the first game since probably the London that I feel genuinely hyped up for. A top opponent where a win would mean everything. The Dorsey to Brady switch and how the offense looked against the Jets has given me some hope that this season is still salvageable... Maybe that hope will come crashing down today but it gives me a reason to really care about this one.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think this is one of those "let's look under the hood" statistics.  The Eagles are #12 in the league, not #1, for yards per attempt.  So being #1 in yards per game suggests to me that teams may do OK when they run, but aren't running very much on them.

The league average Y/G given up is 111.5.  The Eagles just gave up 168 rush yards against the Chiefs, who are #14 for rush yards per game.  Many of the teams the Eagles have faced have not had good run games (at this point in the season where they've played 9-10 other teams) - Patriots are #26, Vikes are #27, Bucs are #32, Commanders (played twice) are #24, Rams #21, Jets #28.  The good running teams the Eagles have faced are the Cowboys (#12) - held to 73 rush yards - the Dolphins (#2) - held to 45 rush yards. 

I could be wrong because I haven't watched them that much, but I think the Dolphins are #1 in rushing offense, paradoxically, isn't that they rely on the run that much (they're like #10 for number of attempts), but more they have speed; concern for Hill and Waddle gives them running opportunities and once Mostert or Achane get out in space, they're gone giving the Dolphins a high # Y/A.  It's also still a bit skewed by them having a ridiculous 350 rush yards against the Broncos and 222 against the Giants.  Or maybe I'm just salty over having to hear whatever announcer it was gush about the perfections of the Dolphins offense.

Anyway, obviously games played against the Eagles where they couldn't run is part of what made the other teams lower rush YPG teams, my point is that it's not like the Eagles have been shutting down the Ravens, Browns, and 49ers run games.  They've been handling the run against teams like the Jets, Patriots, Bucs and Commanders who don't run very much or very well, or teams like the Vikes and Giants  who run a fair bit but aren't very good at it this season.

But they also did shut down the Cowboys and Dolphins, to give them their propers.  I'm not saying they're paper tigers against the rush, at all, but I think they aren't as dominating as the #1 for Y/G stat suggests - teams get behind and don't run on them so much, I think.

Yea this is the point I’ve made all week to ppl that have said they’re that defense is impenetrable.

Their split over the last 3 games is something like 115 ypg which would put them around average for the league. 

I think the ground game will be ab important factor is reducing the pass rush, staying ahead of the sticks, etc.

I don’t want to see MORE runs, just more timely and effective attempts. Still, we must hand the keys of the Ferrari to Allen and the passing game….but the rushing attack will undoubtedly play a role in making it more effective. 

29 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yet again the local affiliated hate good football

Pittsburgh Cincinnati

NE NYG

Oh God why 

I know. Seriously. 

Meanwhile Jax vs Hous can’t be seen…days like today I smh I didn’t get the ticket!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Absolute trash games at 1pm except the game we don;t get. Jags @ Texans. I could go without watching the Giants/Jets/Patriots the rest of the year easily

Almost downvoted this but I ended up with the thumbs up. 

I agree on the point and purpose; but I want to see as much jets and patriots desperation and despair as possible! 

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Almost downvoted this but I ended up with the thumbs up. 

I agree on the point and purpose; but I want to see as much jets and patriots desperation and despair as possible! 

They just struggle so much on Offense that watching these games is grueling imo. Watching the Jets bring out a terrible QB and try to score against the Dolphins or DeVito versus the Cowboys. It's just a waste of time. I don't think the Bengals/Steelers is going to be terrible but man that Giants/Patriots game is going to be terrible.

• Haha (+1) 1

Its not broadcast in Tulsa. I have had a bad sinus issue since Thursday. I feel like *****. And i have to go sit in unconfortable ass BWW chairs, eat ***** foid and try to bribe somebody for the audio because the chiefs fans can go home and watch the game. 

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Really hoping the Bills opt to put the game in Allen's hands and don't get too clever with the coaching.

Whatever works, I hope Brady continues to know what he's doing and continues to be in sync with Allen an the rest of the offense, hell I hope they keep building on what they did last week. Also hope the defense can manage against a much tougher opponent, as absolutely battered as they are.

15 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

Looks like Fournette is active!

1000000230.jpg

No. He's not. No uniform in the locker   

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

They have to report the guys that they’re bringing up from the practice squad the day before the game. That will be Ingram and Isabella

And only get 2 players to do so. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.