Week 12: Buffalo Bills vs Philadelphia Eagles

BuffaloBillyG

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seeing a lot of tweets with data backing up that this defense of ours, (with Joseph/Douglas) is much better than we give them credit for.  

Linval Joseph should be big for us this game as we need to slow down the Philly run game.  

Our pass rush needs to show up, but also need to be disciplined.  We can’t have ends just rushing 20 yards out of the play leaving massive holes for Hurts to take off through.   (Same will go for the Chiefs game). 

I like Douglas/Benford against their WR’s.  Both are big/physical corners that can body up AJ Brown.  The loss of Goedert is big for them.  Devonta Smith’s speed and their screen game are what I’d say we need to be aware of on defense.  

On Offense, keep Allen upright.  I believe him when he cathartically yells “I’m ****ing back!” during the Jets game.   If he has time, Philly’s back seven can’t hang with Diggs, Kincaid, Shakir and Davis.  I’d also leverage Cook & Johnson in the receiving game out of the backfield on their linebackers quite a bit.  

The Eagles are good and their home field advantage is strong, but they’re not as dominant as their 9-1 record indicates … and the Bills are way better than their 6-5 record.  

We have the better QB.  It’s time for that to make a difference.  

I also like being the more desperate team.  We NEED to win, they do not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dukestreetking said:

Dude: trying not to be a DB...criticisms, concerns, misgivings are all fair play.

That said, I honestly have to ask: wtf are you doing on this board?

He's unable to climax while thinking about Mahomes due to the loss last night, so he's brought his box of tissues and hand cream over here so he can get off on picturing us losing as well

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Simply put, if Josh Allen is back the Bills have a chance to win this game, even in Philadelphia.

The next 2 games are the hardest on the schedule for the Bills. As an outsider I wouldn’t touch this game with a ten foot poll for a few reasons. First being what Bills O is going to show up? Was it all the Bills or did the Jets just give up? Can the Bills D contain a rather explosive Eagles O with 2 very good WR and a QB who is like Allen and can extend plays but also take off with the football. 

My gutt says eagles win in a close game 34-31, but could go either way if what we saw Sunday is truly how the Bills will be now. 

The Von Miller pass rush where he ends up 10 yards behind the QB is something that can't happen in this game or else Hurts is going to run for 200 himself. And we need the secondary to get healthy quickly.

But it always comes down to the offense with this team. Good showing last week against an elite defense. Keep Allen upright and I really like our chances for a huge win heading into the bye

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I disagree too.   But why be mean about it?

We’re all long suffering Bills fans.   The Bills mafia is a ‘band of brothers’ (and sisters!).  

No...this is a Fins fan who comes here as a wolf in sheeps clothing and you all keep falling for his trolling and I keep calling him out for it.

There is no game that is "unwinnable" with Josh Allen as QB.  He could literally take over a game and become unstoppable and nothing else would matter.  

I mean according to some people here this is like the Kay Stephenson era Bills playing the 85 Bears.  Give me a break.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The KC/PHI game showed me three things about the Eagles:

Take AJ Brown out of the game and the Eagles offense struggles.  Hurts relies heavily on AJ Brown magic, and when it is not there, he holds the ball and the sacks present themselves.

You can run on the Eagles defense.  

You can Joe Burrow the underneath to death.  Eagles linebackers are s-l-o-w.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The KC/PHI game showed me three things about the Eagles:

Take AJ Brown out of the game and the Eagles offense struggles.  Hurts relies heavily on AJ Brown magic, and when it is not there, he holds the ball and the sacks present themselves.

You can run on the Eagles defense.  

You can Joe Burrow the underneath to death.  Eagles linebackers are s-l-o-w.  

Philadelphia has struggled on offense much more than last year for most of the year even tho they are 9-1.  Almost lost to the Commanders twice and they put up 31 points on the Eagles in both games.  

Both QB's threw INT's in last nights game that would have had the internet on fire if Allen had thrown them as terrible INTs and signs that he is playing Hero Ball far too much.

Both Hurts and Mahomes have 9 INTs on the year and each have played 1 less game than Allen.  

DVOA shows we are a better team than the Eagles, ranking 5th versus their 10th.  Better on both Offense and Defense according to DVOA than the Eagles are.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

This is going to be a tall task with the health of our defensive backfield.

So much remains unknown with that.

We don't know if Hyde, Rapp, Johnson, or Jackson will play.

Hyde and Johnson would be the biggest losses, of course, but missing any of them will hurt a bit.

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Bills play to the level of their competition. 

Hopefully Bills come out with a fast start and are hot.

I think the Bills have a chance

Ha!  I read that as ‘false start’ at first..

The fan in me thinks we can pull off the upset.  

The realist in me thinks that Philly’s D-Line will cause fits for Allen and our offense. That said, I think Allen can pick apart their secondary if given enough time to throw. Also think their offense will be a lot for our decimated defense to handle. This will need to be the Bills’ best game. Unfortunately (as much as this board hates pessimism), I not envisioning a win.  Hope I’m wrong!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Philadelphia has struggled on offense much more than last year for most of the year even tho they are 9-1.  Almost lost to the Commanders twice and they put up 31 points on the Eagles in both games.  

Both QB's threw INT's in last nights game that would have had the internet on fire if Allen had thrown them as terrible INTs and signs that he is playing Hero Ball far too much.

Both Hurts and Mahomes have 9 INTs on the year and each have played 1 less game than Allen.  

DVOA shows we are a better team than the Eagles, ranking 5th versus their 10th.  Better on both Offense and Defense according to DVOA than the Eagles are.

The Eagles are 9-1 and got lucky on a few games, you forgot game 1 where Boutte of the Pats caught a perfectly thrown ball but failed to drag his foot to allow the Eagles to win.  So ya they been lucky.

Allen has 12 INT, they would both have to throw a 3 pic game to tie Allen. Also Allen has thrown at least one pic in his last 6 games. Allen for Allen is having a bad year with Pics. 

DVOA be damned There D is scary good and their front four are probably the best in the NFL. This week will be the biggest test of the year for the Bills O line. The Bills D  has been ok and let’s be honest stopping the Jets O isn’t news worthy, that O is bad and I am beginning think WR Wilson has checked out as he looked so uninterested in getting open. 

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They need the win to keep the buy week and everyone going through Philly. They only have a game on the Lions. (Wow did they improve quick or whAt!)

There is a big difference in "needing" to stay in the 1 seed and the level of desperation the Bills currently face.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

So much remains unknown with that.

We don't know if Hyde, Rapp, Johnson, or Jackson will play.

Hyde and Johnson would be the biggest losses, of course, but missing any of them will hurt a bit.

I thought Hyde came back into the game...only left for 1 play?

I missed any updates from Coach yesterday tho, perhaps he said something about it

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

The Eagles are 9-1 and got lucky on a few games, you forgot game 1 where Boutte of the Pats caught a perfectly thrown ball but failed to drag his foot to allow the Eagles to win.  So ya they been lucky.

Allen has 12 INT, they would both have to throw a 3 pic game to tie Allen. Also Allen has thrown at least one pic in his last 6 games. Allen for Allen is having a bad year with Pics. 

DVOA be damned There D is scary good and their front four are probably the best in the NFL. This week will be the biggest test of the year for the Bills O line. The Bills D  has been ok and let’s be honest stopping the Jets O isn’t news worthy, that O is bad and I am beginning think WR Wilson has checked out as he looked so uninterested in getting open. 

More like Allen is having a terrible year with luck in terms of defenders making interceptions where they don't on other players...his turnover worthy plays are way down at like 2.5% of plays, ranking 7th in the NFL(maybe higher after this week).  Hits Davis in the hands perfectly in stride and it goes thru them for an INT last week, Hail Mary attempt at the end of the half this past week gets picked off...

Yeah, he has made some bad throws for sure, but there is a lot of noise in those 12 INTs that other QBs don't seem to have.  

Well...we have played the Jets and Commanders who both made claims to that title of having the best front 4.  Allen has only been sacked 14 times all year long, so the line is doing quite well.  And that Eagles line can be run on...

Sam Howell threw for 290 in their first meeting and 397 with 4 TDs and completed 75% of their passes in their 2nd meeting.    Bills have more sacks, QB Knockdowns and a higher pressure percentage than the Eagles do.  Maybe they should spend some time worrying about our D line who is 2nd in the NFL in sacks and who is allowing 3.1 YPC on the ground since we got Linval Joseph.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

Nothing about this matchup makes me feel like the Bills have a chance. And I’m not even sure crazier things have happened.

I’d buy into this more if they didn’t lose to the jets also and get taken to OT by the commanders.  They haven’t really looked dominant at any point this year to me 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jletha said:

This game is winnable on paper, but Philly has shown a resiliency this season.

If we get our good offense without turnovers then I think we have a real chance.

I don't think I'm alone here in when looking ahead at this game, what concerns me the most is Spencer Brown against that Eagles Dline. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

There is a big difference in "needing" to stay in the 1 seed and the level of desperation the Bills currently face.

True! But the Bills left everything out on that field Sunday can they do that 2 weeks in a row? Also the fact it’s in Philly makes it even harder. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

And just for good measure, Vegas agrees with the "very winnable" judgement, as evidenced by the Bills being only 3.5 point underdogs despite playing in Philly. Bear in mind that home field is generally thought to be worth three points in betting, meaning that Vegas considers the Eagles to have only a half point advantage over the Bills.

Very winnable game.

Not to quibble with you, but I listened to an interview with one of those Las Vegas sports gambling experts recently.  He said the "3 points for home field" has not been the case for several years now.  It's more like 1.5 points for home field since winning on the road just is not as difficult as years ago.  So really, Philly would be about a 2 point favorite on a neutral field, which makes sense...afterall they're 9-1.  But it's obvious from the Vegas line that gamblers are siding with an Eagles letdown or MNF hangover game.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’d buy into this more if they didn’t lose to the jets also and get taken to OT by the commanders.  They haven’t really looked dominant at any point this year to me 

Sam Howell put up 290 yards passing in the first game and 397 with 4 TDs in the 2nd game.  I mean c'mon...like now we are saying Sam Howell is better than Josh Allen?  The same dude that looked clueless and was sacked 9 times by us while throwing 4 INTs?

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

True! But the Bills left everything out on that field Sunday can they do that 2 weeks in a row? Also the fact it’s in Philly makes it even harder. 

They are just getting started, just watch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

More like Allen is having a terrible year with luck in terms of defenders making interceptions where they don't on other players...his turnover worthy plays are way down at like 2.5% of plays, ranking 7th in the NFL(maybe higher after this week).  Hits Davis in the hands perfectly in stride and it goes thru them for an INT last week, Hail Mary attempt at the end of the half this past week gets picked off...

Yeah, he has made some bad throws for sure, but there is a lot of noise in those 12 INTs that other QBs don't seem to have.  

Well...we have played the Jets and Commanders who both made claims to that title of having the best front 4.  Allen has only been sacked 14 times all year long, so the line is doing quite well.  And that Eagles line can be run on...

Sam Howell threw for 290 in their first meeting and 397 with 4 TDs and completed 75% of their passes in their 2nd meeting.    Bills have more sacks, QB Knockdowns and a higher pressure percentage than the Eagles do.  Maybe they should spend some time worrying about our D line who is 2nd in the NFL in sacks and who is allowing 3.1 YPC on the ground since we got Linval Joseph.

Lol they could point to the Pats and say they bet the Pats and the Bills let them run up 31 points and loss to them. My point? Division games are a different animal and usually very hard.  Heck the Pats 2 wins are to the Bills and Jets both teams are better than NE d the bills a hell lot better.. but division games are a toss up.. I mean the Giants bet Washington.. 

also you seem be a stat guy.. so you realize Allen throws more than most QBs this more INT. Be interesting see if the Bills stick with the run or go back to running it 12 times and throwing it 40 or more

• Like (+1) 2

I think a lot of this game will depend on contributions from individuals that we saw make plays in the Jets game. Depends how Allen and Brady utilize them. Kincaid, Shakir, Ty Johnson all having a supporting role would help keep the Eagles defense off balance and guessing. The Eagles are not going to ignore Diggs and Davis (even though he hasn’t done much lately).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol they could point to the Pats and say they bet the Pats and the Bills let them run up 31 points and loss to them. My point? Division games are a different animal and usually very hard.  Heck the Pats 2 wins are to the Bills and Jets both teams are better than NE d the bills a hell lot better.. but division games are a toss up.. I mean the Giants bet Washington.. 

also you seem be a stat guy.. so you realize Allen throws more than most QBs this more INT. Be interesting see if the Bills stick with the run or go back to running it 12 times and throwing it 40 or more

Ehh...I mean there is some truth to the division game thing, but the Eagles also lost to the Jets and Zach Wilson didn't look horrendous against them either. 

Also Allen is tied for 15th in the NFL in passing attempts per game, so he actually doesn't throw that much, he is pretty much league average.

image.thumb.png.aec506f1512553a82dbb4045b36641da.png

I can't see the Bills getting blown out in this game. They're catching the Eagles at the perfect time, coming off the revenge win against the Chiefs, and on a short week. Allen should be able to have his way with this Eagle secondary.  I'd expect a bunch of Kincaid this week. Should be a great game. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I dont think they left everything on the field. Josh came out midway through the 4th Q and we settled for 3 FGs to start the game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sundo91 said:

I can't see the Bills getting blown out in this game. They're catching the Eagles at the perfect time, coming off the revenge win against the Chiefs, and on a short week. Allen should be able to have his way with this Eagle secondary.  I'd expect a bunch of Kincaid this week. Should be a great game. 

Bills rarely get blown out, I dont expect that to change Sunday. We may lose but we usually have a chance in the 4th.

30 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

This comment is why just throwing stats out there without context is misleading.  It's also why I hated Josh actually throwing up that Hail Mary last game.  Yes he threw a pick last game, so people like you are going to run with "well he has an int for 6 straight games" but come on....if he doesn't throw that Hail Mary the streak is over.  

Also though, why would Josh throw that ball?  I know it's just a stat, but I hated he threw that ball BECAUSE of comments like this.  I think him not throwing that ball, having him go a half/whole game without a turnover would be much better for his psyche than a useless Hail Mary attempt. Perhaps call the Hail Mary in the huddle, but as soon as that play broke down, just run 10-15 yards and call it a half

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, jletha said:

Our CB1 and CB2 are good to go.

But if our starting nickel is out, it hurts us big time. There's a big dropoff from Taron Johnson to Siran Neal or Cam Lewis. And if Dane Jackson misses the game, then the Bills are one injury away from 35 year old Josh Norman lining up against AJ Brown or Devonta Smith.

Here's hoping our secondary can get right in time for this matchup. We're gonna need every one of them.

Edited by Logic

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.