11/19/23 Week #11 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, finn said:

What answers for man and quarters coverage could they try? I'd like to be able to watch a game intelligently for a change. 

We aren't great athletes so man will have to be schemed more than likely using rub routes. In general though you're going to want to run concepts that run away from whatever leverage they are playing with (slants, crossers, etc.). For quarters look for Mills, Dagger, Double Post, Post Wheel, or Scissors concepts. Basically look for something to occupy the safety and then attack the leverage of the corner outside or attack their post-snap reads by having the receivers cross each other.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills absolutely have to win 2 of their next 3 to stay in the playoff hunt.

Jets

@Eagles

@Chiefs

Today is a must win.

Yep. Today is a must win. I will forgive losses in KC or Philly.

The mood here Monday will be FOUL if they lose today.

If they lose, I may take a hiatus from reading fan boards. They would be dominated by low-quality rants and be depressing to an unhealthy extent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, boater said:

Yep. Today is a must win. I will forgive losses in KC or Philly.

The mood here Monday will be FOUL if they lose today.

If they lose, I may take a hiatus from reading fan boards. They would be dominated by low-quality rants and be depressing to an unhealthy extent.

If they lose should people be posting positive stuff and playoff talk, you know make believe?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I know the Jets have a great defense, but I swear if we lose to a Zach Wilson led team a third time in four outings Sean McDermott should be covered in tar and feathers and have hot wing sauce poured on his nether regions at the 50 yard line.

When have the Bills beaten Wilson ?

Wasn't the Bills victory over the Jets last year over Mike White in the game that Milano bent White in half ?

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm going golfing as well.  It's hard to get a tee time around here and I can watch the full game on NFL+ later tonight. 

But I'm also doing it as a reverse-hex to break our slump.  I missed one game last year to play golf - the loss on Nov. 6 at the Jets that started this last calendar year of inconsistent offensive play and odd decisions from Josh.  I'm playing the very same course today while they are playing the Jets to break whatever curse I beset on the team.

Thank you for your service. 

7 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I'm repeating myself here, but... 

Bengals #30 rush defense
Jets #31 rush defense

Broncos #32 rush defense

We can't undo the moronic game plans of past games, but for the love of your deity of choice

RUN 👏 THE 👏 BALL 👏

Sal Cappaccio is probably reading your post and absolutely fuming right now.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I'm repeating myself here, but... 

Bengals #30 rush defense
Jets #31 rush defense

Broncos #32 rush defense

We can't undo the moronic game plans of past games, but for the love of your deity of choice

RUN 👏 THE 👏 BALL 👏

Is Leonard Fournette playing today? Really hope so. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, boater said:

I don't know. I'm excited about Fournette but Latavius Murray did a good job on his few carries last week.

That's the problem. Maybe a past OC problem. Maybe defenses adjusting, but whenever a RB goes off they tend to stray. I'm not the biggest run the ball guy but they should have been running it Vs Denver. 

• Like (+1) 1

Everything on the WGR pregame making it sound like we are going to get a classic McDermott clunker. Be petrified to make mistakes and paralyze the playmakers. How about, you are going to get fired because you have been a complete moron all season. We lost a game last week because we had 12 guys on the field on a fg. We could have put 9 guys out there for the same effort on the play and won. STOP COACHING THE PLAYMAKER out of Allen. Our backs are against the wall and we need to see one “go down” here for our mental health. Do not play scared and hold ***** back. It’s like this in every sport, if you are afraid to make mistakes, you arent going to make good shots. Just cut it loose and start scoring. McDermott better not be trying to “not let the jets beat us with mistakes” and drive 45 in a 55…..Go out there and dictate you *****. Score on all the drives.

• Like (+1) 2

Ready for anything.  I've said "there is no way we lose this game" about at least 3 losses this season, so I think I'm out of mulligans on that one.

It feels like there is no way we could lose, but who knows.  Looking forward to seeing the offense under Brady, though.

23 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I was just thinking, and maybe that's the problem. Wonder what a "Positive Comments Only" game day thread would look like. It'd imagine it either be very limited in comments or full of sarcasm. Still.....

never

happen.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.