11/19/23 Week #11 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Honestly for the first time in a while gonna miss this one... going golfing...  besides meaningless game as neither team is going anywhere except higher in the draft... Bills need to work on some things on O and D needs to heal... good luck but as much as I suck at golf this game is more painful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Casey D said:

At this point, I think I suffer from battered fan syndrome.  Bills lose in excruciating fashion, leave me for dead.  Then emotionally you rebuild the *****, maybe things will change and they won't hurt you, especially before a holiday, but then they knock you down all over again and all that pain and frustration returns.  I'll watch, but with a helmet and flak jacket on. 🙂

there is mental pain, physical pain and then there is buffalo bills dagger in the heart pain.  50 years and I have taken the dagger many times through the decades just like many bills fans have. not much heart left, a loss today could be the final dagger for the bills season as well as not taking anymore as a fan until changes are made. if it's a dog fight and they still lose, I can take a fight until the final gun sounds. I can not see a lost, sitting by himself JA. need to see a compassionate amped up lets get this done JA.

I will lose more confidence then I already have in McDs leadership if they look unprepared and more bad calls/decisions are made. the ship needs to be righted, today... period.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9529oiirlaepdayaur8tu

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47oln4pf186qz9uqg4hao

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47oln4pf186qz9uqg4ha

buffalo-bills-lets-go.gif

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We have a mostly healthy Josh Allen, and Diggs, Kincaid, Cook, Shakir, Gabe,  etc..

They have Zach Wilson, an injured Garrett Wilson and a good RB . There’s no reason Buffalo should not roll against a team that really struggles to score.  Stop turning it over and don’t give up big chunk runs today and it’s likely a nice win.

12 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Honestly for the first time in a while gonna miss this one... going golfing...  besides meaningless game as neither team is going anywhere except higher in the draft... Bills need to work on some things on O and D needs to heal... good luck but as much as I suck at golf this game is more painful.

Golfing?  You need to put the work in if you want this team to win bro.  You think your Hollywood or something?  

Enjoy your game.  I never got into playing golf but for some strange reason I like watching it on TV.  It just seems chill or something.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Golfing?  You need to put the work in if you want this team to win bro.  You think your Hollywood or something?  

Enjoy your game.  I never got into playing golf but for some strange reason I like watching it on TV.  It just seems chill or something.

My favorite definition of golf is "a good walk, spoiled"
The game itself can be very aggravating and raise blood pressure

Watching golf, unlike a Bills game, probably lowers blood pressure. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeh Samuel Clemens said it, golf screws up a nice walk (paraphrased) but Im playing with my son who is in to it so cant miss it and who am I kidding it's a late game, so Ill be back and turn it on... double punishment today.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Far from meaningless, two of the teams Buffalo is chasing just lost their starting QBs for the year. The Bills can still make something out of this season. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh Samuel Clemens said it, golf screws up a nice walk (paraphrased) but Im playing with my son who is in to it so cant miss it and who am I kidding it's a late game, so Ill be back and turn it on... double punishment today.

For sure not.  Gotta spend the time with the son.  I miss son time.  The boy was growing his career as an engineer and then decided to go back for his phd plus he is a TA.  I spend time with him whenever he has it.  Wouldn't miss it for anything.

• Like (+1) 2

We're at the point in the story where the hero doubts himself and walks the dark rainy streets alone, brooding. Then something happens--the girl finally kisses him, he's allowed to be himself, the old mentor or rival talks to him, whatever. And--bam--the Bills fight their way all the way to the Super Bowl where, after some initial drama, they triumph by coming full circle to what made them great in the first place.

It's the hero's journey. Joseph Campbell, Carl Jung, WB Yeats, Spiritus Mundi. Hoosiers, Remember the Titans, Rocky I. 

We're in the middle of a fricking Disney movie!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, finn said:

We're at the point in the story where the hero doubts himself and walks the dark rainy streets alone, brooding. Then something happens--the girl finally kisses him, he's allowed to be himself, the old mentor or rival talks to him, whatever. And--bam--the Bills fight their way all the way to the Super Bowl where, after some initial drama, they triumph by coming full circle to what made them great in the first place.

It's the hero's journey. Joseph Campbell, Carl Jung, WB Yeats, Spiritus Mundi. Hoosiers, Remember the Titans, Rocky I. 

We're in the middle of a fricking Disney movie!

In this tale do the Bills become the first team to ditch its coaching staff and go to a "players only" model?

• Like (+1) 1

I dunno about you all but Im praying we get sugah high Josh today.  Never liked that term and always said that you don't get special Josh without it.  The same sugar high Josh that makes that head scratching play is the same sugar high Josh that makes that holy crap throw that hardly anyone else can make, if anyone.  We need that today.  We need that fire, passion, and drive to win.  Less think, more instinct.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

In this tale do the Bills become the first team to ditch its coaching staff and go to a "players only" model?

I think we might have a couple waterboys or janitors left they can still promote.

Enough of this despair and backbiting and negativity! No less a Bills fan than William Shakepeare, when he ran into a so-called fan at the Big Tree Inn who said the Bills playoff window was closed, waved a chicken wing in his face and called him "O gull, O dolt, as ignorant as dirt!"

When Robert Saleh said that the Jets defense was going to "embarass" Josh Allen in today's game, Shakespeare called him "a poisonous bunch-backed toad,"  a "foot-licker," and "an elvish-marked, abortive, rooting hog."

About Jets offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, Shakespeare said he has "not so much brain as ear-wax."

Shakespeare said that against the Bills defense the Jets offense was "roast meat for worms."

Finally, when considering Zack Wilson as a quarterback, he said, "The soul of this man is in his clothes."

Trust me, you don't mess with the Bard of Avon. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Enough of this despair and backbiting and negativity! No less a Bills fan than William Shakepeare, when he ran into a so-called fan at the Big Tree Inn who said the Bills playoff window was closed, waved a chicken wing in his face and called him "O gull, O dolt, as ignorant as dirt!"

When Robert Saleh said that the Jets defense was going to "embarass" Josh Allen in today's game, Shakespeare called him "a poisonous bunch-backed toad,"  a "foot-licker," and "an elvish-marked, abortive, rooting hog."

About Jets offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, Shakespeare said he has "not so much brain as ear-wax."

Shakespeare said that against the Bills defense the Jets offense was "roast meat for worms."

Finally, when considering Zack Wilson as a quarterback, he said, "The soul of this man is in his clothes."

Trust me, you don't mess with the Bard of Avon. 

Saleh said that?  Thats classless trash.  The "we're checking receipts" comments last year I felt were just cocky confidence and no big deal but if he said that crap then he is just a classless bum.

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Saleh said that?  Thats classless trash.  The "we're checking receipts" comments last year I felt were just cocky confidence and no big deal but if he said that crap then he is just a classless bum.

I'm joking, but he said he'd embarrassed Allen earlier this season. Then he tried to walk it back. 

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/robert-saleh-jets-josh-allen-comments/

Edited by Dr. K

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

McDermott may end up being the Wicked Witch of the story. "After an initially successful tenure, McDermott was fired after the Bills fell to 5-12 in 2023. The following year, under the energetic leadership of Eric Bieniemy, the team roared back to its first AFC Championship game since 2022, dominating the Jacksonville Jaguars and going on to shock the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LVIV. Players credited the fun, upbeat atmosphere created by the new coach. 'It's been a breath of fresh air,' Super Bowl MVP Dalton Kincaid said. 'My first year, the team felt stifled, oppressed, as if a damp blanket was holding the team down. Coach Bieniemy helped us remember who we were.'

Several attempts to reach Coach McDermott for comment were unsuccessful." 

Not looking for a big rebound from Josh today. Just win. And no turnovers would be nice. That D is nasty. 

Next week I'll be looking for a big game from Josh to have confidence in the rest of the season. Philly pass D has been getting lit up all year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I'm joking, but he said he'd embarrassed Allen earlier this season. Then he tried to walk it back. 

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/robert-saleh-jets-josh-allen-comments/

“Embarrassing was probably the wrong choice of words in the heat of the battle,” Saleh said.

Yeah, I think so Saleh.

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Whatever the point spread is you guys should hammer the Bills.  Bet your whole house.  I am having one of my severe pain days and can't sleep.  Even if I wasn't, my wife is snoring like a wood chipper.  It's just my luck that I will probably pass out before or during the game and we will finally get good offense.  The Bills will put up 60 points and I will miss it.  Always bet the horse that takes a dump before the race, I was told as a kid.  I'm the horse that just took a dump before the race.

2nd mortgage time baby!!!!:wub:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I hate this as the 1st game for the new OC. The Jets have been Josh's kryptonite. 

Tire out their DL by playing horizontally early on (perimeter run/pass game) and have answers for man and quarters coverages. That's your formula. If you can use shifts and motions to get them having to communicate and adjust pre-snap even better!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

I'm going golfing as well.  It's hard to get a tee time around here and I can watch the full game on NFL+ later tonight. 

But I'm also doing it as a reverse-hex to break our slump.  I missed one game last year to play golf - the loss on Nov. 6 at the Jets that started this last calendar year of inconsistent offensive play and odd decisions from Josh.  I'm playing the very same course today while they are playing the Jets to break whatever curse I beset on the team.

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I hate this as the 1st game for the new OC. The Jets have been Josh's kryptonite. 

For all the games that bounced between and OC or QB issue, the Jets game was an execution issue. The board was pretty much unanimous that the play call/game plan on the offensive side of the ball was fine. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zach Wilson has McDermott’s number! And probably his wife’s number too but that’s for a different thread 

We can’t lose to Zach Wilson twice in same season.  And Mac Jones.  3 strikes and you are out 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We need the 12th man to step up today (just not on field goal blocks) and make Zach Wilson's life miserable.

the fan base at the stadium has done their fair share and even disrupts the play calls of the Bills opponent in all the games I've seen . It's the TEAM that needs to return to the scene of our latest Bills debacle and show some life and positivity. We are jones-ing badly for it as a fanbase.

A win would place salve on our sunburnt as fans skins after last game. They know it, We Know it. JUST DO IT

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Tire out their DL by playing horizontally early on (perimeter run/pass game) and have answers for man and quarters coverages. That's your formula. If you can use shifts and motions to get them having to communicate and adjust pre-snap even better!

What answers for man and quarters coverage could they try? I'd like to be able to watch a game intelligently for a change. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.