11/19/23 Week #11 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

🍁🦃 Pilgrims!

Having squandered the perceived easier half of our schedule to post a .500 record on Thanksgiving week, we now must face the holiday music of a gauntlet finish just to keep hope alive. Our remaining games boast a 37-30 record with at least 5 of our next 7 opponents battling for playoff positions. Our disappointing performance cost Ken Dorsey his job and Joe Brady now moves up from QB Coach, one day after Cincy missed a winning FG on the last play of the game -only to see Damar Hamlin attempt to make up for being inactive all season by trying to sneak in for another play..🤦‍♂️

So here we are, facing a Division foe we’ve already lost to, with our season on the line. We better get used to this as our backs are now NAILED to the wall for every game ahead. Lose and we die -all the way to early February! To our great surprise, so many unexpected injured players League wide are evening the odds against us. At least every player on the active roster was a full go at practice Friday. Hopefully McNursemaid has finally realized if a starting player is physically capable, he’s gotta play. Toward this end, Hyde, Benford & Jordan Phillips were full practice participants while Jets list as CB Michael Carterll, WR Garrett Wilson, OT Turner & DE McDonald among many others as doubtful/out.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/three-jets-ruled-out-vs-bills-wr1-garrett-wilsons-availability-in-jeopardy

As for our very inexperienced OC Joe Brady, the one thing he has going for him -he loves Josh Allen. But, Hell, if that’s all it takes, send your resumes to One Bills Drive, Orchard Park, NY… Our Offense is anemic yet healthy. Talented yet uninspired. When the price to lose is the playoffs, no excuses are acceptable anymore.

Nance & Romo for 3 straight games

https://x.com/t_fuller1/status/1725831872817639793?s=61

Joe Marino chimes in

Josh Allen chimes in

https://x.com/buffalobills/status/1726042610035241351?s=61

The Bills HAVE to win to keep visions of Sugarplums dancing in our heads!

Happy Thanksgiving, Waller’s & families!🍁🦃 

GO BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

• Chandler#81 changed the title to 11/19/23 Week #11 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jets Pregame Thread

Happy Gameday TBD: My enthusiasm for the game is about as low as Josh Allen's ever since Brittany took his dog and left (which, despite the new Hollywood girlfriend, is the root of his problems; losing the dog, that is). So I got nothing today; how about just win, baby, just win !!!!!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Happy Gameday TBD: My enthusiasm for the game is about as low as Josh Allen's ever since Brittany took his dog and left (which, despite the new Hollywood girlfriend, is the root of his problems; losing the dog, that is). So I got nothing today; how about just win, baby, just win !!!!!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Fyi, there’s pics floating on Twitter X that his recent Hollywood squeeze Hailey is now dating another actor. 
Yes, I also believe the ‘Brittney Breakup’ is at the core of Allen’s issues.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fyi, there’s pics floating on Twitter X that his recent Hollywood squeeze Hailey is now dating another actor. 
Yes, I also believe the ‘Brittney Breakup’ is at the core of Allen’s issues.

Josh seriously needs to man the ***** up and start playing with some fire.  Let's go, be yourself and take the game over.   Low positive is so dumb in football

• Agree 2

Whatever the point spread is you guys should hammer the Bills.  Bet your whole house.  I am having one of my severe pain days and can't sleep.  Even if I wasn't, my wife is snoring like a wood chipper.  It's just my luck that I will probably pass out before or during the game and we will finally get good offense.  The Bills will put up 60 points and I will miss it.  Always bet the horse that takes a dump before the race, I was told as a kid.  I'm the horse that just took a dump before the race.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Bills win out it looks like we can still take 3rd seed. We also have a 2 loss insurance policy. With upcoming games with KC and Philly, the Bills cannot afford a loss in a game like this. With a new OC hopefully Josh shakes the rust and comes back to life. The playoff push starts today! Go Bills!

45 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Damn you for sending me down this rabbit hole!

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

If this is true I’m gonna paint a d!ck on her lawn.  What’s her address?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

At this point, I think I suffer from battered fan syndrome.  Bills lose in excruciating fashion, leave me for dead.  Then emotionally you rebuild the *****, maybe things will change and they won't hurt you, especially before a holiday, but then they knock you down all over again and all that pain and frustration returns.  I'll watch, but with a helmet and flak jacket on. 🙂

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Was interested to see how the 2021-22 season stacked up to this one in terms of record. That was another interesting year before the bills turned on the afterburners at the end of the year and make it to the afc championship. Through week 11 we were 6-4. Thereafter we went 1-2 to make it 7-6 before we won out all the way to the championship. 

obviously records are not an indication of anything other than wins and losses, but this team has done it in the past and CAN do it again. Although the hill is harder to climb this time around, a Josh Allen led team getting hot at the right time can easily start stacking wins. Let’s start today. Go Bills!! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Casey D said:

At this point, I think I suffer from battered fan syndrome.  Bills lose in excruciating fashion, leave me for dead.  Then emotionally you rebuild the *****, maybe things will change and they won't hurt you, especially before a holiday, but then they knock you down all over again and all that pain and frustration returns.  I'll watch, but with a helmet and flak jacket on. 🙂

Who knew that d*ke (aka a dam) was forbidden.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Phils n Bills said:

Was interested to see how the 2021-22 season stacked up to this one in terms of record. That was another interesting year before the bills turned on the afterburners at the end of the year and make it to the afc championship. Through week 11 we were 6-4. Thereafter we went 1-2 to make it 7-6 before we won out all the way to the championship. 

obviously records are not an indication of anything other than wins and losses, but this team has done it in the past and CAN do it again. Although the hill is harder to climb this time around, a Josh Allen led team getting hot at the right time can easily start stacking wins. Let’s start today. Go Bills!! 

That team had a really good performance in a loss to Tom Brady and the Bucs and a really easy stretch of games to end the year. They also struggled in some of those easy games, but everyone on TBD seems to forget the Atlanta snow game which might have had a different outcome if Matt Ryan knew where the goal line was. It will be a much steeper hill to climb this time.

• Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That team had a really good performance in a loss to Tom Brady and the Bucs and a really easy stretch of games to end the year. They also struggled in some of those easy games, but everyone on TBD seems to forget the Atlanta snow game which might have had a different outcome if Matt Ryan knew where the goal line was. It will be a much steeper hill to climb this time.

That Atlanta snow game was UGLY.

Here's the thing though. This season is proving if you can stay alive anything is possible. It's not who you're about to play it's when you are about to play them.

Case in point, we just recently played the Bengals. When we had them, they still had Burrow and were in the midst of a hot streak. If we played them in 2 weeks...likely a whole different ballgame, no?

So let's see what happens. Yes the next 2 after today are tough tasks on paper. But what does it look like if say, the Eagles lose Hurts this week? Or the Chiefs lose Mahomes? And no, I'm not saying that's the only hope or wishing injury for the Bills benefit. But as we see this year more than perhaps ever...things happen and circumstances change. One week at a time and the longer you're above water the better odds of making the playoffs....and then it's back to everyone being 0-0. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Make or break for us here… Going into this game our season looks like this:

gif

Let’s hope we get a win today, a resounding one would be better, and get this year back on track as we hit the hardest part of our schedule before and after the bye-week. 

Let’s get rid of this Josh:

EG6IBBH7QZGN3GJUQTIHSUBXR4.jpg

And get this Josh back on the regular…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnKGKwpIjuGVzznn632xj

Some may say he’s the only reason we’ve lost some games the past years but he is also the only reason we’ve been winning games, a lot of them, for a while…

Let’s go Buffalo!

Edited by BBFL
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Don’t forget your cup for that end of game kick in the balls. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I know the Jets have a great defense, but I swear if we lose to a Zach Wilson led team a third time in four outings Sean McDermott should be covered in tar and feathers and have hot wing sauce poured on his nether regions at the 50 yard line.

The problem isn't with the defense stopping Wilson.  We'll likely hold them under 20 points - the problem is with us scoring MORE THAN 20 points.  That's been the problem all year.  Injury riddled Defense does OK (except for last minute 13 seconds-esque drives in like 5 games), but the offense stalls or turns ball over; if we score a couple field goals more than we did, we win 3 out of those 5 loses.   Even if most of our drives end in FGs that's OK - If we get 2 TDs and 5 field goals we win in the range of 29-20.   Allen will need a couple games to get moving.   Maybe soon we'll be back to the Dorsey Offensive Prowess by then....  (And screw Dorsey for leaving!!  He grew up in Buffalo as a Bills Fan; as one of us - how do you leave 'Your' team, with how great our offense was????   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.