Broncos @ Bills - Postgame Thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No words.  I feel like I am watching the Dick Jauron or Chan Gailey or Rex Ryan era Bills losing games in new and inexplicable ways every week.

I hate to break the news to you, but the only difference between McDermott and those bums is Josh Allen. He’s as bad as any of the drought era losers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I get One Bills Live is home team news  news but Steve Tasker saying “the players couldn’t have betrayed Ken Dorsey more”. Is about as damning as it gets. Sheesh. That burns.  

Dorsey got his head out of his butt and ran the fb  In the end this one is flat on Sean for endless dumb blitzes and the inexcusable error of 12 guys on a fg attempt  Next  the Bills will Benny Hill it and forget to book travel for the next road game and take a forfeit   You cant be a hard case on your team and then not take accountability for huge laps in judgment

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Bills win then the D actually came up with a game ending stop. Which I guess they technically did in the Bucs and Giants game (yikes). Their propensity to choke in big moments is part of their problem.

it is..its frustrating...the offense repeatedly hangs the Defense out to dry for 3 qtrs.   Offense finally struggles enought to put some points up and then the D falls apart.   its frusting that this has been a frequent theme this year.    The D shouldnt choke and the Offense shouldnt be hanging them out to dry for 3 qtrs.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

IMO, him pulling double duty as DC has caused his oversight in other areas to wane and it's hurting them in terms of situational awareness and details. 

To his credit, the D has done enough in a few of the loses. He himself needs to “trust the process”. Firings only mean this thing gets torn apart mid season only to try and be jump started again next year. 

I will say the same defensive call in a row plus the 12 men, all in succession, is the first time I was like “OK tear it down”. So much so I’d be open to firing McD and giving Dorsey a go as interim. 

Let’s not forget that a few weeks ago McD said he’d be MORE involved with the offense and they’ve done nothing but grip tighter. KD was part of some offensive outputs. I’m not advocating for it, but if it happened I could get myself up for it. 

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yep this was an all around bad effort by the Bills.  Cooks opening play fumble was real bad.  But worse was Richard Head McD punishing Buffalo's #1 RB by holding him out of the next THREE freaking series.  What the hell was that?  Maybe you sit him for one series, and that's a big maybe, but not more then that.

And the Davis drop, which led directly to an INT in the Bronco's Red Zone killed us as much as Cooks fumble. 

andy reid plays guys who punch their pregnant gf's.

sean mcdermott is teaching life lessons in critical games. 

• Haha (+1) 4

McD should be fired and run out of town tomorrow, that presser should seal the deal imo. He has never accepted responsibility for anything and that is completely unacceptable for a head coach. He just plain sucks. He should be coaching a small college or a high school, not NFL head coach worthy at all.

The wheels have come off. I figured they’d either turn it on like TB last year or self destruct. Looks like we hit the self destruct button

I’ve been a McD supporter. No more. First 13 seconds now 12 men. Inexcusable. Not to mention all his telegraphed blitzes especially on 3rd and 10. Fire him. Benching Cook and not Gabe, throwing all the players under the bus in his presser. He’s done. He’s lost the team and the fan base. Fire him.

Dorsey needs to go too. He’s not even an adequate OC, I don’t care what your statistics say. Not running the ball when your QB is a head case is inexcusable. Fire him.

Josh needs to go on IR and see a psychiatrist. He’s mentally shot. He’s not elite anymore. He’s good. McDorsey should be fired for neutering him running the ball early in the season which completely destroyed the offense and his mojo. Put him on ice for the rest of the season and get his head on straight.

I’ve posted previously about how my expectations for this team was they’d miss the playoffs. Never did I think it would be in such a BILLSY way with a complete failure of coaching/special teams/offense and situational defense.

Time to clean house.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

At some point Allen needs to take some blame here. Maybe we need to admit that Allen is a high variance quarterback. He's highs are other worldly but he also is capable of some real stinkers. 

Obviously, he's a franchise quarterback you can win with, but we must admit he had some mental hurdles he needs to work on. 

I don't disagree.  Allen played poorly at times tonight.  His 2nd INT was bad and he missed Shakir who was open on 4th down.  But the tone for the Offense was set on the opening two drives and had nothing to do with Allen - the Cook fumble on the 1st play of the game and then Davis letting a ball go right threw his hands leading to an INT in the Bronco's Red Zone.

You're right about Allen being a high variance QB.  It's a great way to put it.  Allen is Favre. We need an OC and offensive minded head coach who know how to construct a roster and game plan to best suit his skill set.  Instead we have a defensive minded head coach who doesn't have a clue of what to do with Allen and a GM in Bean who has ignored the offense in favor of the defense. The Bills screwed up big time 5 years ago by not focusing the franchise on Allen and the offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If we step back a second, the loss is really due to the Defense failing once more to hold a lead. 

Yeah, if the kicker had missed (as he did) , it’s a lucky bonus for the Bills. 

But really, who ever expects the Bills to be lucky?

fact of the matter is, Allen and offense left the field with a lead, as they have done with most of the losses over the past 2-3 years. 

The defense failed. It’s tough, they have been short handed the past few games. But make no mistake, Bills could and should have won this game with one stop. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

McD needs to own the blame. He should 100% fall for this…

but let’s call a spade a spade: they effed up big time. Players a need to execute. 

Allen most of all. He ain’t going anywhere. The bone headed plays need to stop. It’s terrifying week after week how many give aways they’re coughing up 

Cook fumbles on the first play of the game.

Davis has a ball literally hit him perfectly in stride right around his face and go straight thru his hands for an INT inside the Bronco 15 yard line.

Kincaid has a ball hit him right in the hands perfectly in stride up by his face and go straight thru his hands on 3rd down that would have been a nice conversion and forced a punt.

Diggs has a drop on a nicely thrown ball that would have set up a 3rd and 2 and made Kincaid's 8 yard catch a first down instead of 4th and 2 and they punt again---or was that when they go for it on 4th down and he airmailed Shakir who was open?  Either way, should never have happened and only did because Diggs dropped an easily catchable pass.

Bills were great on 3rd down D the whole game until the last 2 drives when those flip passes right past Dorian Williams happened 2 times too many. 

12 men on the field on a missed FG that would have won the game...like WTF was that?  That was some Chan Gailey or Rex Ryan or Dick Jauron era stuff right there.  Like c'mon man. Inexcusable.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, pennstate10 said:

If we step back a second, the loss is really due to the Defense failing once more to hold a lead. 

fact of the matter is, Allen and offense left the field with a lead, as they have done with most of the losses over the past 2-3 years. 

The defense failed. It’s tough, they have been short handed the past few games. But make no mistake, Bills could and should have won this game with one stop. 

They’re missing 5 starters and had Wilson dead. Johnson got a BS weak Pi call 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yep this was an all around bad effort by the Bills.  Cooks opening play fumble was real bad.  But worse was Richard Head McD punishing Buffalo's #1 RB by holding him out of the next THREE freaking series.  What the hell was that?  Maybe you sit him for one series, and that's a big maybe, but not more then that.

And the Davis drop, which led directly to an INT in the Bronco's Red Zone killed us as much as Cooks fumble. 

Murray had some big runs during that time so it's not like the Bills didn't do anything without him.

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

The offense turned the ball over 4 times.

The defense was the only reason we were in this game at all.

• Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

McD is safe.... For now... If this team just flat out quits going forward, particlarly with the tough teams coming up, it's going to get VERY ugly... I beleive McD could truly be gone if the Bills finish something like 7-10, 6-11.  This is certianly possible.  

only a SB win should save him. Mediocracy is not acceptable. PSU just fired its OC for failing to beat OSU and Michigan.  That’s it.  Those are the only teams PSU lost too recently, but that was enough.  

7 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Dorsey got his head out of his butt and ran the fb  In the end this one is flat on Sean for endless dumb blitzes and the inexcusable error of 12 guys on a fg attempt  Next  the Bills will Benny Hill it and forget to book travel for the next road game and take a forfeit   You cant be a hard case on your team and then not take accountability for huge laps in judgment

Ran it and ran it well...192 yards rushing.  More yards rushing than passing.  Cook averaged 9.1 YPC. Murray averaged 7.6 YPC.  Yet he stopped running for a while and kept having Allen dropping back...why???  If the run is working keep sticking to it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Ran it and ran it well...192 yards rushing.  More yards rushing than passing.  Cook averaged 9.1 YPC. Murray averaged 7.6 YPC.  Yet he stopped running for a while and kept having Allen dropping back...why???  If the run is working keep sticking to it.

no clue our coaching staff is stupid always outsmarting themselves being cute

• Like (+1) 1

We had collected quite a lot of epic prime time meltdowns. Some off the top of my head.

- McKelvin fumble game

- Dallas winning on a FG after an onside kick?

- Allen slipping at the 1 vs TEN

- Jets punt return TD in OT

- I guess we can count 13 seconds if you want to. It was a melt down in prime time after all

- 12 men on the field tonight

I’m sure there are more I’ve blocked out!

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The offense turned the ball over 4 times.

The defense was the only reason we were in this game at all.

Not to mention the average drivestart for the Broncos in the game was their own 41!!  That's inexcusable.  

Broncos scored on 6 points off 4 TO's, the Bills scored 7 off of their 1.  Anyone blaming the defense is barking up the wrong tree.  This game should have been a runaway victory for the Bills if they stopped turning the ball over.  They averaged 7.1 yards per play on offense!  Just stop turning it over and they win by 2 scores.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

They’re missing 5 starters and had Wilson dead. Johnson got a BS weak Pi call 

Nah.  I think the call was legit.  Its just that Johnson mistimed it because the moonball was in the air for an eternity and PI gets called on underthrown balls all the time.  Personally, I hate those calls but thats the way its called because thats the rule.  Of course it's always up to a the ref.  Sometimes they ignore it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

We had collected quite a lot of epic prime time meltdowns. Some off the top of my head.

- McKelvin fumble game

- Dallas winning on a FG after an onside kick?

- Allen slipping at the 1 vs TEN

- Jets punt return TD in OT

- I guess we can count 13 seconds if you want to. It was a melt down in prime time after all

- 12 men on the field tonight

I’m sure there are more I’ve blocked out!

We're a cursed franchise. Not sure why. We bear this cross.....just sucks though. 

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

This is total loser thinking though. Offense gave it back to the D w/ game winning drive sub 2 min left...yet again D blew it to a terrible...league worse offense. 

How many times did the offense do nothing or turn the ball over and put the D right back out on the field?

You can't keep doing that and not expect the D to be gassed late in the game.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Nah.  I think the call was legit.  Its just that Johnson mistimed it because the moonball was in the air for an eternity and PI gets called on underthrown balls all the time.  Personally, I hate those calls but thats the way its called because thats the rule.  Of course it's always up to a the ref.  Sometimes they ignore it.

Seems like if its close late in the game other than on Hail Mary's where anything goes still, a flag is coming.  Have seen more game altering flags late in games this year than I have in the last 10 years combined I think.  All over the league.  The Browns-Colts game was a travesty...basically handed the game to the Browns with like 4 defensive penalties on the Colts in the last 40 seconds. 2 of them were absolutely ridiculous calls.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Beast said:

Cook fumbles...3 points Denver...difference in the game.

Gabe Davis lets a ball go through his hands for an INT deep in Denver territory...3 or 7 points...difference in the game.

Josh Allen throws a stupid pass before the half ends. Denver scores 3....difference in the game.

Josh can't hand the ball off to Cook and drops it when the Bills seem to  be gaining momentum....possible points off the board. possible difference in the game.

Taron Johnson doesn't turn around....difference in the game.

Bills have for some damned unknown reason (coaching) 12 men on the field and Denver misses a FG and we should have won...difference in the game.

The first 5 have nothing to do with coaching. They are all on the players. I'm pretty sure Dorsey didn't call Josh's sucky throw at the end of the first half, or his missed handoff to Cook, or his other bad throws. Cook didn't fumble at Dorsey's direction, and Davis hasn't been coached not to catch a ball. As bad as the coaches may be (and it is a very mediocre staff), a huge part of the blame falls on the players, particularly on the offense, including Allen, who without a doubt has regressed.

Just now, Billz4ever said:

How many times did the offense do nothing or turn the ball over and put the D right back out on the field?

You can't keep doing that and not expect the D to be gassed late in the game.

And yet in the second to last possession the offense did what it needed to and put the game squarely on the back of our defensive head coach cap it off.

He failed. He failed so bad he actually had to fail twice just to lose.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

McD needs to go. 

Yet we still have some McDermott stans that believe he has a job for life because he got us back the playoffs,  I think he had no business being the defensive coordinator and HC.  It's because he is controlling and that means he controls how Dorsey calls games

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.