CB Jack Jones released by Pats

Dablitzkrieg

11 minutes ago, DJB said:

Id prefer they were a middle

of the pack team for the next decade. 

Hopefully they win a few games here to take them out of the QB draft sweepstakes 

Yes ideally they'd never be in a position to draft anyone, but might as well enjoy the terribleness when it presents itself, besides there GM sucks.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

Yeah, would rather not sign the guy who was breaking into Panda Express and was also arrested in June for trying to bring two loaded guns onto a plane. And now got cut by the Patriots for not following rules and crying about it. 

Edited by Bill51390

8 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

How are we 28th?  Shouldn’t our middling record help us here?

I thought it did at this point in the season

2 minutes ago, Bill51390 said:

Yeah, would rather not sign the guy who was breaking into Panda Express and was also arrested in June for trying to bring two loaded guns onto a plane. And now got cut by the Patriots for not following rules and crying about it. 

Might be just what this team needs... 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bill51390 said:

This guy has future Cincinnati Bengal written all over him. Just like the first time I saw Rex Burkhead, I knew that he had a Pats stint in his future. 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, wppete said:

If he makes it to us then yeah put a claim in. Must’ve been some kind of off the field issue or argument with coachingX he is a good player. Doesn’t make sense. 

He’s an idiot.  Decent player though.  

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

This guy has future Cincinnati Bengal written all over him. Just like the first time I saw Rex Burkhead, I knew that he had a Pats stint in his future. 

I’m thinking Cinci, KC, Cleveland or Miami

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Bills are 28th on the waiver list. I doubt he drops that far.

Currently 18th on the list as it resets after the first three weeks of the season and becomes based on current league standings and we are 15th over all at the moment. But yeah, I suspect one of the 17 teams below us would make a claim.

53 minutes ago, wppete said:

If he makes it to us then yeah put a claim in. Must’ve been some kind of off the field issue or argument with coachingX he is a good player. Doesn’t make sense. 

You mean "off the field issues" like missing curfew on the road, being late for meetings, and getting arrested for carrying a gun through an airport?

55 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Word is he was told "sweep the leg" and refused.

This was good, deserves some reactions

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

More likely the Moral Majority got tired of the hooter parade, and complained to Disney.

Ummm, the what? And should I have going to Disney a lot more? And to prove me wrong, please provide pics. 

1 minute ago, Prospector said:

This was good, deserves some reactions

Ummm, the what? And should I have going to Disney a lot more? And to prove me wrong, please provide pics. 

Type 'flash mountain' into a fairly disreputable search engine, and see what you get for results.

Just now, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

With the first overall pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select….

Qualm Singinglton from Nirth Applican Southern U. 

Eight Guard

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Type 'flash mountain' into a fairly disreputable search engine, and see what you get for results.

Well, thank you good sir

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Some will say 'no thanks' because this guy apparently didn't jive with the Patriot way, but the harsh reality is this is the exact type of move that a perennial contender (i.e. the Chiefs) would jump all over.

Not to mention, the "Patriot Way" seems to not work so much anymore!

Maybe this guy was trying to be part of the solution up there.

1 hour ago, Bill51390 said:

Don't judge. We all do these things. Right? No? 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

Jack Jones has talent, but is about as bright as a half watt bulb. This was like strike 9 in a year and a half. He may excel on a locker room with strong leadership, but he is a head case. 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Some considered him a 7th Round talent...

That’s not true!  He was a 3nd round talent that fell because he is just dumb as hell! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We are one CB injury away from Josh Norman starting. 

Not really. We lost Tre, we traded for Douglas. Even with Benford down for this weeks game, if another injury were to happen - it would be Cam Lewis up first.

Even if we did claim this guy, with him coming into McDermott's Defense not knowing the playbook midseason, you best believe Josh Norman and Ja'Marcus Ingram would still get called up before him after Cam Lewis.

Not opposed to putting a claim in for the guy. But Benford probably isn't a long term injury and we did fill White's roster spot with Douglas already. This guy wouldn't be seeing the field this season unless there were catastrophic injuries across the board.

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Because it was brought up, there is no way that the Pats just cut Mac Jones. He has a lot of trade value. If the Bills were still a QB-starved team, I would be "pounding the table" for him because I would think that he just needs a more stable situation to recover his rookie-year form. Some team like Atlanta or TB will give up a second.

I was on board until you mentioned a 2nd round pick. No way is heck would anyone give a 2nd rounder for Mac Jones. Probably a 4th rounder.

31 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jack Jones has talent, but is about as bright as a half watt bulb. This was like strike 9 in a year and a half. He may excel on a locker room with strong leadership, but he is a head case. 

That’s not true!  He was a 3nd round talent that fell because he is just dumb as hell! 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jack-jones/32004a4f-4e40-3934-31a5-290d0def1a4b

22 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

56 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Priority Free Agent level - Damn. NFL.com was not a fan.

Falls in line with most of BB's Draft Picks though. Dude seems to consistently make media consensus reaches to prove his genius.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.