I’m scared to fire McDermott.

McBean

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

What 'players only' meeting?  Has it ever been substantiated that the meeting occurred?  17 odd pages of nattering, and last I looked, it was never determined if said meeting was held. 🤨

Yes, it was widely reported on TV and radio. Josh even interviewed and spoke about it. It happened 100%. What was said during meeting? Nobody knows.

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think Allen is regretting staying here and signing that contract.  I'm sure he wants out.  I sure would

This is the most BBFS statement that I have read on here all week. He wants out of a 5-4 team that struggling a bit this year in no small part due to the fact that he himself cannot stop throwing interceptions?

31 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

We can be a mediocre team that cant quite get over the hump despite the first franchise qb in 20+ years or sack up and go for the brass ring  McDermott is not going to get us a Super Bowl There will always be excuses/injuries  Heck he cant figure out what is wrong right now

That's fair but how much is Beane complying with how/what McDermott wants?  Regardless the roster is weak lacking true difference makers and getting old

McDermott/Beane ? Not in a position to say if Beane is answering to the coach or vice versa. Really in my mind when I look at our roster and then our cap issues I'm inclined to look at the GM.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not scared to fire McDermott. 

But I don't trust Terry to make the right hire. McDermott is literally the only coaching hire he has nailed in multiple goes with two teams. If they are, as they might be, at the end of the McDermott era I don't at all put it past Terry to screw this one up too. 

That isn't an argument to keep McDermott either. If we miss the playoffs I'd fire him. 

That is correct about the Sabres. However the Bylsma and Housley failures were looked upon as pretty good hires throughout the hockey world when they were made.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That doesn't matter a jot if they were duds.

One of those coaches has a Stanley Cup under his belt as a HC.  

So, how do you feel about Bill Belichick the past few seasons? If those were his only three do you want him to continue to coach your football team?

Edited by Beast

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

One of those coaches has a Stanley Cup under his belt as a HC.  

So, how do you feel about Bill Belichick the past few seasons? If those were his only three do you want him to continue to coach your football team?

If they were his only 3 seasons, no. 

If Sean Payton has another 2 seasons like this one in Denver his Superbowl in New Orleans won't save him.

40 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think Allen is regretting staying here and signing that contract.  I'm sure he wants out.  I sure would

I mean maybe. But not sure what you are basing that on. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If they were his only 3 seasons, no. 

If Sean Payton has another 2 seasons like this one in Denver his Superbowl in New Orleans won't save him.

rough take imo

Payton is getting everything he can out of Wilson rn and has the Broncos trending way up from last year

• Disagree 2

Why would we be scared to fire Mc Dermot ?

how many Lombardy did he bring ?

( to add a few more observations, i'll say pivot players either lost faith or lost confidence in coaches right after the 13 seconds, I think last year was the last push for players who still believed it, which also heavily failed again in divisional, we kinda feel players have a sort of silent mutinary vs coaches about play calls, Von Miller attitude has completly changed from last year where he was taught he's the missing piece and he found out it's far more worse than that and coaches will find a way to ***** it anyway, so why put the pain and the effort, see Allen and Diggs attitude from last year, etc etc and the games are now even painfull to watch, a 36-42 loss would bring hope or at least fun, it's no more the case)

Edited by Repulsif
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He's basing it on nothing.  I recognize this is a common bit of WNY psychology. "Josh Allen is too good for us and he's going to want to go to LA or Miami like everyone else."  I admit I get that way sometimes and I don't even live there anymore. And in any case, Josh Allen knows that in every game that this team has lost his own brutal mistakes have played a crucial role. And another thing. If Josh wanted McDermott or Dorsey fired, all he would have to do is whisper that to Pegula. He's not stuck, in any sense of the word.

6 hours ago, Nuncha said:

McClap needs to move past lack of rhythm, poor "complimentary" football and lack of execution as excuses for why this team is struggling.  Get to the ROOT of the problem by looking in the mirror.  

He is a defensive minded coach but needs a coordinator on defense and a STRONG one on offense.  Until that happens this team will continue to struggle.

I think the root of the problem is that the roster isn’t as great as everyone thought it was. 

Besides Josh Allen and Diggs, defenses don’t have to game plan or fear anyone else.

we don’t have any other receiving options (Kincaid may get there) besides Diggs.

the zone defense was great for 5 years against average to below average teams. They have drafted high round, non-impactful pass rushers and in turn had to pay 140 million dollars to a 33 year old pass rusher to overcompensate.

hyde and poyer are showing their age

besides Matt Milano, who do offenses really game plan for?!

whenever this zone defense faces elite quarterbacks it gets shredded. This is nothing new and has been exposed over and over and over again. 

Everyone keeps saying we’re stuck in the mud, I think we’re lacking high end talent

Edited by PepeSilvia

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He's basing it on nothing.  I recognize this is a common bit of WNY psychology. "Josh Allen is too good for us and he's going to want to go to LA or Miami like everyone else."  I admit I get that way sometimes and I don't even live there anymore. And in any case, Josh Allen knows that in every game that this team has lost his own brutal mistakes have played a crucial role. And another thing. If Josh wanted McDermott or Dorsey fired, all he would have to do is whisper that to Pegula. He's not stuck, in any sense of the word.

no because 13seconds game exists and thats kind of the whole point

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Not for anything, but this season Josh can also look at himself in the mirror for where we currently stand. He is far from blameless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Beast said:

Not for anything, but this season Josh can also look at himself in the mirror for where we currently stand. He is far from blameless.

EXACTLY. Far too often he ignores easy completions to throw into tight coverage.

I mean, there's a time and a place for that, but from your own 10 to miss 3...not 1, not 2, but 3 open short pass receivers to go for a well-covered one is just inexcusable

• Agree 1

honest question

how much blame for W/L can you reasonably assign a QB who is performing better than basically every other QB in the league

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

EXACTLY. Far too often he ignores easy completions to throw into tight coverage.

I mean, there's a time and a place for that, but from your own 10 to miss 3...not 1, not 2, but 3 open short pass receivers to go for a well-covered one is just inexcusable

Just stop... every QB misses receivers... every QB throws ints... the int in this game didnt even result in points.

Do you guys remember how Tua used to look with Flores as a headcoach???

Regardless of whether or not you think they are playing better than us even a blind man must agree Tua is MUCH improved with offensive coach he has now.

What do you think Josh Allens potential could be if we werent squandering his best years with this underachieving defensive minded coach? On a team thats constantly sinking far too many assets and $$ into the wrong side of the ball. I think its criminal.

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

honest question

how much blame for W/L can you reasonably assign a QB who is performing better than basically every other QB in the league

He flat out lost the Jets game.

He was below par against the Patriots.

He was lucky the defense pulled out the win against the Giants.

Edited by Beast
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, McBean said:

“lOoK AT ouR pREVioUs cOaChes mAN. NOt woRTH THe RiSk.”

Let’s address this coward mentality. Conservative mentality. No dog mentality. The soft mentality the Buffalo media has accepted along with some fans here.

Bills previous head coaches in the 2000’s and their QB’s up until McClappy was hired.

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Williams- Johnson and Bledsoe

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Jauron- Losman and Checkdown Edwards

Gailey- Fitz

Marrone- Manuel and Orton

Rex- Tee Rod

McClap- Tee Rod and Allen

You notice something? Yeah, all of the prior coaches had horrible QB’s and lost here. Shocker!

Myth: “He (McClap) changed the culture 

Fact: We had a negative point differential and a soft schedule in 2017 when the drought was broken. He punted in OT against Indy and was playing for the tie. A fumble led to a win. Also, a guy named Andy Dalton threw a pass that was nothing short of a miracle to get us in. The following season we stunk and got lucky to land Allen. Ever since, the clown coach has hid behind his star QB. Look at the terrible losses over the years. At JAX, at NE, ran over by Jonathan Taylor, Houston playoff meltdown, curb stomped by Cincy last playoffs…

Myth: “Let’s fire Dorsey. It’s his fault.”

Fact:  Last year it was fire Frazier. It’s his fault. Leslie got the blame. Now, some of you are falling right into the same trap this Czar is going to spew at years end. Reality is if we hire a bright offensive mind who flourishes here, that guy is now gone in 2 years or less and we are stuck doing the same thing over. O, and even a great OC can’t cover up your clown HC horrible in game decision making. Your OC can’t cover up the obsession with defensive picks and big money to that side of the ball. Your OC can’t cover up the conservative scared coaching approaches like punting before half or kicking field goals down 2 scores. YOUR OC CANT COVER UP 13 SECONDS.

In conclusion, I’m sick and freakin tired of the scared Buffalo media who won’t call this guy out. Guys like Adam Schein and Ross Tucker don’t hesitate to address the incompetence of McClap. Last comments…

Jerry Kraus told Doug Collins to hit the bricks and promoted a guy named Phil Jackson to get the Bulls over the hump led by a guy named Michael Jordan. Did it work? 6 rings boss.

Warriors told Mark Jackson to hit the bricks and hired a guy named Steve Kerr. Did it work? 4 rings.

Brass Balls Howie Roseman told his SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH DOUG PEDERSON YOU’RE FIRED PAL TWO YEARS POST LOMBARDI! Did it work? Eagles #1 team in the league. Super Bowl appearance last year. Humming on offense. Sirriani aggressive coach who could coach circles around McClap. Incredible offensive line. Weapons galore. Has made Jalen Hurts into an MVP.

You guys want to sit back and take this crap? Be my guest. I’ve pounded the table for 3 years to get this bozo out of WNY. Now, some are finally thinking I’m not crazy. You’re seeing it in front of your eyes folks. We are wasting a Hall of Fame QB. We are wasting time. We are wasting our best chance ever to win a Super Bowl title. To get this dark cloud over with. To bring a trophy home to WNY. For Bills Mafia across the world. How can we better our chances? Simple…

Terry, please God do the right thing and FIRE SEAN MCDERMOTT.

So if someone does not agree with your “assessment” they are a coward?  Thanks for letting us know.  What revelation.  

2 hours ago, Mark92 said:

His plateau was :13.  Special teams coach got the ax that year and last year it was the defensive coach.  Now maybe it will be Offensive Coach.  It's McDermott. 

It was always McDermott...he's been forced by sheer survival to get rid of these guys that he himself hired.  It's like when you pull out a weed yet the roots are still in the ground.  It's gonna come back.

• Agree 4

jets game no doubt

But Patriots I can't agree. That should easily have been enough to beat them, ditto Jags

imo we have a crazy high standard for Allen, where we measure him against his best performances as opposed to the rest of the league's QBs. It's unrealistic

He's pretty much playing at top of the league level rn...if that's not good enough we are sunk

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, McBean said:

Let’s address this coward mentality. Conservative mentality. No dog mentality. The soft mentality the Buffalo media has accepted along with some fans here.

Bills previous head coaches in the 2000’s and their QB’s up until McClappy was hired.

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Gailey- Fitz

Rex- Tee Rod

You notice something? Yeah, all of the prior coaches had horrible QB’s and lost here. Shocker!

Fact: We had a negative point differential and a soft schedule in 2017 when the drought was broken. He punted in OT against Indy and was playing for the tie. A fumble led to a win. Also, a guy named Andy Dalton threw a pass that was nothing short of a miracle to get us in. The following season we stunk and got lucky to land Allen. Ever since, the clown coach has hid behind his star QB. Look at the terrible losses over the years. At JAX, at NE, ran over by Jonathan Taylor, Houston playoff meltdown, curb stomped by Cincy last playoffs…

Fact:  Last year it was fire Frazier. It’s his fault. Leslie got the blame. Now, some of you are falling right into the same trap this Czar is going to spew at years end. Reality is if we hire a bright offensive mind who flourishes here, that guy is now gone in 2 years or less and we are stuck doing the same thing over. O, and even a great OC can’t cover up your clown HC horrible in game decision making. Your OC can’t cover up the obsession with defensive picks and big money to that side of the ball. Your OC can’t cover up the conservative scared coaching approaches like punting before half or kicking field goals down 2 scores. YOUR OC CANT COVER UP 13 SECONDS.

In conclusion, I’m sick and freakin tired of the scared Buffalo media who won’t call this guy out. Guys like Adam Schein and Ross Tucker don’t hesitate to address the incompetence of McClap. Last comments…

Jerry Kraus told Doug Collins to hit the bricks and promoted a guy named Phil Jackson to get the Bulls over the hump led by a guy named Michael Jordan. Did it work? 6 rings boss.

Warriors told Mark Jackson to hit the bricks and hired a guy named Steve Kerr. Did it work? 4 rings.

Brass Balls Howie Roseman told his SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH DOUG PEDERSON YOU’RE FIRED PAL TWO YEARS POST LOMBARDI! Did it work? Eagles #1 team in the league. Super Bowl appearance last year. Humming on offense. Sirriani aggressive coach who could coach circles around McClap. Incredible offensive line. Weapons galore. Has made Jalen Hurts into an MVP.

You guys want to sit back and take this crap? Be my guest. I’ve pounded the table for 3 years to get this bozo out of WNY. Now, some are finally thinking I’m not crazy. You’re seeing it in front of your eyes folks. We are wasting a Hall of Fame QB. We are wasting time. We are wasting our best chance ever to win a Super Bowl title. To get this dark cloud over with. To bring a trophy home to WNY. For Bills Mafia across the world. How can we better our chances? Simple…

I've been calling McDermott Doug Collins since 13 seconds. The Bills need their Phil Jackson.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As someone who has watched the Bills going back to Lou Saban, I've seen some very BAD coaches. And a lot of bad coaches in the NFL overall through all those years. I happen to think that McDermott is a very good coach. One of the best the Bills have ever had. He's definitely an above average coach in the NFL. THAT BEING SAID, I do wonder at times if he is the coach to get us over the Hump. The OP made some very salient points.  It's a tough place to be in, we could do sooo much worse and have, but I also dont want to waste a career of a likely HOF QB. Terry may have a very tough decision on his hands in the next season or so.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Beast said:

He left the field and they were up against the Pats. Bigger question is why can’t our defensive minded D get a stop when needed. 

Needed one against Jacksonville, never got it. 
Needed one against Pats, never got it. 
Needed one against the Bengals, never got it. 

Needed one against Giants and got pretty ***** lucky. 

This offence can put up points, it has been shown in every game. Too bad the HC ain’t willing to go with what works, instead wants to go with a different style that better fits his complimentary football. He’s living in the stone ages of football. Faster he’s gone the faster this team starts taking steps forward again. 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Rex Ryan with Josh Allen? Okay how do we know that would actually be any worse than whatever the hell this product is mcdermott is giving us right now?  Hell Rex Ryan took the dirty sanchez to the championship game didn't he?

I mean honestly, giving McD credit for anything this offense did 2020/2021 I dunno guys it feels dumb. Only credit I give these guys is picking Josh Allen -- and that got them 6 years of gainful employment. Time to move on. We owe these guys nothing at this point they have failed to deliver.

Boom

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

McDermott is not going anywhere anytime soon. This organization was a dumpster fire before McDermott/Beane showed up. Why are the Bills expectations so high? Because McDermott brought stability to the organization after YEARS of recycling  HC. They would go through a full roster rebuild before they would even consider doing it. 

Who the hell fires a coach who has won over 60% of their games. Has 3 division titles in 4 years and was just 13 seconds away from a SB appearance?? It makes zero sense. It’s not going to happen and its wasted energy to even think about it. 

Yes. We all want a Super Bowl!! So do 31 other teams but this isn’t college football where Georgia or Alabama win it every year. There’s a reason why there hasn’t been a repeat Super Bowl Champion in over 20 years. Because it’s hard to ***** do!! All you can ask for in this league is the opportunity to win a superbowl and since McDermott has been here, the Bills have been in the conversation to win it. Do they need to make changes? Absolutely. But changing HC isn’t one of them. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, McBean said:

Wade- Flutie and Johnson

Mularkey- Bledsoe

Gailey- Fitz

Rex- Tee Rod

What a load.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMM said:

As someone who has watched the Bills going back to Lou Saban, I've seen some very BAD coaches. And a lot of bad coaches in the NFL overall through all those years. I happen to think that McDermott is a very good coach. One of the best the Bills have ever had. He's definitely an above average coach in the NFL. THAT BEING SAID, I do wonder at times if he is the coach to get us over the Hump. The OP made some very salient points.  It's a tough place to be in, we could do sooo much worse and have, but I also dont want to waste a career of a likely HOF QB. Terry may have a very tough decision on his hands in the next season or so.

Yeah, I'm not willing to waste Josh's 2nd half of his career on the assumption that McD will someday "figure it out".  Sean has had 7 years and plenty of opportunities to display an elite level of game day abilities.  His defense blew a 16-0 lead in Houston.  His defense got run over in the 2020 afccg.  His defense performed one of the all time (:13)  meltdowns in NFL history a year later.  And against Cincy, his defense gave up 14 points before I even had time to get to the fridge.  If you grade him as a HR director,  he gets an A.  If you grade him as a game manager, he gets a C.  And he makes sure he never runs out of scapegoats. I'm done...hire BJ.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, McBean said:

But why not? Why why why?

How in the world can our owner not see this? How can he not get through his skull we are MAXED out with Sean? 

Because pegula has no idea what he’s doing. Look at the sabres mess and look at his first moves with the bills. McDermott is just an average coach and we lucked out with Daboll and Allen pairing which worked out and they’ve been riding that wave since. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

The Bills will always be a perennial loser as long as McWmpy is here. The most horrific thing to happen is McWimpy will stay here until Josh Allen retires.

I mean yes he lost in the playoffs. And he drives me crazy sometimes . But a perennial loser?  Are you out of your ***** mind. 

29 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What a load.

it’s like meltdown Tuesday again. 

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

End of the year presser with beans and McDermott drinking game words/phrases:

"Don't want to make excuses but..."

"Injuries"

"Evaluate"

"Disappointed"

"Process"

"Learn from our mistakes"

"Blue collar"

Are you trying to kill people? Also you left out "complimentary football"

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

won't be so sure about that.  Will be awful hard to sell tickets to a new stadium with early playoff exits when you have Allen.  Unless we are a fanbase of morons who accept mediocrity.  

We we're selling out with 17 years of drought play and you think it will stop now with this team? The NFL is a well oiled machine!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.