This will NOT be popular.

Kwai San

5 hours ago, Mango said:

One thing I noticed in the TB game that I liked a lot was that Allen spent a ton of time talking to his pass catchers on the sideline. 

The more bad games we get from Allen this year the more the blank stare in the corner bothers me. 

But more than working with Brady or scrolling a tablet. I’d love to see him working with his WR about what they’re both seeing out there and what the expectations are when they see x,y,z.

Otherwise they’re just running plays exactly as their drawn up, but when the bullets fly there are a lot of variables. Based on coverages, how a WR releases, and how Allen sets the coverage, routes change on the fly. I’d like there to be more communication. 

It is the sitting there staring ahead blankly, softly shaking his head look, even when Brady is there next to him. I don't know. I still think there is something going on in Josh's head.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

It is the sitting there staring ahead blankly, softly shaking his head look, even when Brady is there next to him. I don't know. I still think there is something going on in Josh's head.

Just in general I think there I something going on. 

Dorsey has been here for 5 years and was OC last year. 

Josh has been the starter for 6. Diggs here for and Davis both for 4. 3/5 returning OL. Cook is back. 

Sure, McD is getting stale. Time to move on, I get it. But these are vets running together for a while now, with the same staff. I think there’s something else going on in the locker room. I can’t put my finger on it. I don’t know. I’m at a little bit of a loss. 

It is time for a staff reset I guess. I have some criticisms of Beane. But I have way more of Terry. I hope they don’t let them both walk. I have approximately zero belief in Terry Pegula’s ability to rebuild any franchise without needed a huge bit of luck. 

5 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

I wonder what the off-season did for the perception of Allen by his teammates. Committed relationship end with rumors of infidelity. The culture of the team preaches family and such. Wonder if that changes the way Mitch Morse another locker room leader (and father) views him.

Family is preached since Pop Warner!  Allen relationship did nothing to change what his teammates think of him, just like if your brother long term relationship ended he is still family and you don’t care why it ended. (Except to help him out)

• Agree 2

Guys, if someone is going to every home game where they have a good view of the bench, and they can tell us that Josh is sitting by himself the whole time the offense is off the field, then maybe there’s a problem.  Otherwise, commenting about a few second broadcast camera shot means nothing.

5 hours ago, Kwai San said:

WTAF are you trying to say?   Speak some English please.....

He’s essentially meditating. Other players are probably told to give him space so he can slow his heart beat, focus, and do whatever it is the guru or sports psychologist has told him he needs to do to be great.   He’s been open about it and called it LOW POSITIVE.

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Why is it that after each possession Josh sits by himyself?  No QB magical coach nearby, no tablet in his hands to see what he missed?  Nope just him sitting stewing over another missed opportunity.  Don't get me wrong aholes....ima big huge JA17 fan but good gawd almighty does he not need some direction at times???  WTAF!  Someone needs to address this.  Even the dreaded GOAT had either people or tablets guiding him.  Again.....WTAF!

And if he was on the bench yucking it up in between possessions? 

Why is it that after each possession Josh sits by himyself?  No QB magical coach nearby, no tablet in his hands to see what he missed?  Nope just him sitting stewing over another missed opportunity.  Don't get me wrong aholes....ima big huge JA17 fan but good gawd almighty does he not need some direction at times???  WTAF!  Someone needs to address this.  Even the dreaded GOAT had either people or tablets guiding him.  Again.....WTAF!

I agree totally, why are there no other Bills around him? Makes me wonder if all is not well in the locker room. In my mind he should be up conferring with his receivers, his OL and backs etc????

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wrong, they showed a shot of him in the 4th QTR with a coach next to him, going over stuff on a tablet.  I pointed this out in the GDT to all the Josh haterz out there.  Thank you for paying attention.

You have to lay off the Kool aid.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m sure you’re a loyal fan but stop reading complicated psychological issues into the guy who is completely responsible for any success we have. His HC, OC are impediments to success. Are you hearing any teammates or coaches criticizing him. The guy comes out plays through injury, becomes our running game and watches as our defense allows the opposition’s offense to go up and down the field. He talks to the other QB and the QB coach when he needs to. In the 2nd half he put the team on his back and lead 4 long drives. Without the fumble, that game could have been tied.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kwai San said:

So did Brady 99% of the time.  Will people in Josh's face make Dorsey a better play caller?

WTAF are you trying to say?   Speak some English please.....

Guess you missed that Josh segment...........

Edited by Nuncha

Josh has become mentally fragile this season.  The low energy vibe stuff is really stupid.  He needs to dump that and remember how he approached games as a younger Josh Allen.  He can do the same things just be more responsible with his body when he runs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sweet Jeebus, they literally did a MIC'd up game with him last season and he was talking to everybody.

Also, Diggs made a point to say that him and Josh now talk in the locker room because they were both aware that whenever they were talking to each other, the cameras would be on them and some narrative would be formed like "Looks like Diggs is angry about his lack of touches!"

These guys are acutely aware that the media is just looking for red meat.  This is why they all sit there composed and stoic because anything less is blown out of proportion.

9 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Huh? 

I think some of these dudes root around 

Exactly!  Hmm, I wonder what healthy, stud-ley, 25-yr-old boys do in their free time, especially with pretty women throwing themselves at them.  They aren't saying I need to look at my tablet.  To use an analogy - there's always room for jello!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kwai San said:

He used to have Barkley. Not anymore. Even though he is really good friends with Kyle Allen, it appears they don’t have that close of a relationship. 

on another note, is this saying something about Josh that his other team mates don’t like him as much as we think they do. 

22 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Josh has become mentally fragile this season.  The low energy vibe stuff is really stupid.  He needs to dump that and remember how he approached games as a younger Josh Allen.  He can do the same things just be more responsible with his body when he runs.

McDermott coached the fire out of him. He’s likely never getting that back. Unfortunately. 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:19 AM, Nuncha said:

So did Brady 99% of the time.  Will people in Josh's face make Dorsey a better play caller?

Guess you missed that Josh segment...........

My wife came up with a possible reason, he's thinking "why did I recommend that AH Dorsey."

On 11/6/2023 at 1:17 AM, Kwai San said:

Well my friend you watch a different feed of the game then I do

I've seen Brady sitting next to him many times or sometime K Allen. 

I'm curious as to how you apparently know what is just out of the viewpoint of the camera?  How do you know that Brady isn't sitting maybe 12 inches away from him and the camera just zoomed in on Allen.  I don't think the producers care about showing Brady, but they do want to show Allen.

So we're all watching the same feed, but you my friend are assuming what may or may not be of the camera view.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I've seen Brady sitting next to him many times or sometime K Allen. 

I'm curious as to how you apparently know what is just out of the viewpoint of the camera?  How do you know that Brady isn't sitting maybe 12 inches away from him and the camera just zoomed in on Allen.  I don't think the producers care about showing Brady, but they do want to show Allen.

So we're all watching the same feed, but you my friend are assuming what may or may not be of the camera view.

It would be enlightening to get actual feedback, I admit you well might be right, perhaps someone is sitting 3 feet away out of the picture, perhaps.  It just frustrates me that a large majority of QB's seem to be reviewing what happened after they series of downs are over.  Seemingly and I say seemingly Josh isn't one of them.

Also amazing is how some people react to a topic by slamming the OP.  I DO NOT expect everyone to agree with me, never did, never will.  But to be called childish names and insulting put downs just because you can not come up with any meaningful discourse, well that reflects more on you than me.  You know who you are.

After reading the replies I am willing to admit that hopefully there is more interaction going on.  Seems like JA17 is throwing KD under the bus now so I guess it is all moot now.  This is going to be an interesting season thats for sure.  Injuries blow and sadly it doesn't appear if Von was anywhere near ready to be back to playing.

People who complain about this should get tickets behind our bench and see if what you see on tv is all that goes on. 

Josh comes off the field and there is normally a commercial break then it goes back to the game. You see a few seconds of a 3 hour broadcast. I see a lot guys sitting down, see some standing, who ***** cares. 

18 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

It would be enlightening to get actual feedback, I admit you well might be right, perhaps someone is sitting 3 feet away out of the picture, perhaps.  It just frustrates me that a large majority of QB's seem to be reviewing what happened after they series of downs are over.  Seemingly and I say seemingly Josh isn't one of them.

Also amazing is how some people react to a topic by slamming the OP.  I DO NOT expect everyone to agree with me, never did, never will.  But to be called childish names and insulting put downs just because you can not come up with any meaningful discourse, well that reflects more on you than me.  You know who you are.

After reading the replies I am willing to admit that hopefully there is more interaction going on.  Seems like JA17 is throwing KD under the bus now so I guess it is all moot now.  This is going to be an interesting season thats for sure.  Injuries blow and sadly it doesn't appear if Von was anywhere near ready to be back to playing.

Keep in mind too this is television so in some ways could look better to show a shot of Allen sitting there seemingly lost all by himself, than intently reviewing things with Brady or someone else.  They may be waiting to get shots of him alone.

• Agree 1

On 11/6/2023 at 7:24 AM, mrags said:

He used to have Barkley. Not anymore. Even though he is really good friends with Kyle Allen, it appears they don’t have that close of a relationship. 

on another note, is this saying something about Josh that his other team mates don’t like him as much as we think they do. 

McDermott coached the fire out of him. He’s likely never getting that back. Unfortunately. 

McDermott has a huge role in Josh's demeanor this season.  It's like he's not having fun anymore.  He's being castrated and asked to perform 3 different offensive styles at the same time. Meanwhile he still has a garbage OL and no offensive weapon after Diggs.  What could possibly go wrong?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.