This will NOT be popular.

Kwai San

Why is it that after each possession Josh sits by himyself?  No QB magical coach nearby, no tablet in his hands to see what he missed?  Nope just him sitting stewing over another missed opportunity.  Don't get me wrong aholes....ima big huge JA17 fan but good gawd almighty does he not need some direction at times???  WTAF!  Someone needs to address this.  Even the dreaded GOAT had either people or tablets guiding him.  Again.....WTAF!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 7

Just now, Kwai San said:

Why is it that after each possession Josh sits by himyself?  No QB magical coach nearby, no tablet in his hands to see what he missed?  Nope just him sitting stewing over another missed opportunity.  Don't get me wrong aholes....ima big huge JA17 fan but good gawd almighty does he not need some direction at times???  WTAF!  Someone needs to address this.  Even the dreaded GOAT had either people or tablets guiding him.  Again.....WTAF!

You do make a point nobody else on offense even sits by the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why would you do think this wouldn’t be popular? 

1 minute ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

IKR?  Everytime my brother(giants fan) sees that shot of him he quickly tells me he is in "con man mode"😂

What do you say to your poor sap giants fan brother ?

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You do make a point nobody else on offense even sits by the guy. 

I wonder what the off-season did for the perception of Allen by his teammates. Committed relationship end with rumors of infidelity. The culture of the team preaches family and such. Wonder if that changes the way Mitch Morse another locker room leader (and father) views him.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wrong, they showed a shot of him in the 4th QTR with a coach next to him, going over stuff on a tablet.  I pointed this out in the GDT to all the Josh haterz out there.  Thank you for paying attention.

One *****kng time bro!  And I was muther effing shocked!   One effing time!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I heard it’s because his breath smells.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, iccrewman112 said:

I wonder what the off-season did for the perception of Allen by his teammates. Committed relationship end with rumors of infidelity. The culture of the team preaches family and such. Wonder if that changes the way Mitch Morse another locker room leader (and father) views him.

Huh? 

I think some of these dudes root around 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wrong, they showed a shot of him in the 4th QTR with a coach next to him, going over stuff on a tablet.  I pointed this out in the GDT to all the Josh haterz out there.  Thank you for paying attention.

I saw him looking at the tablet too. I also did see him sitting there, a few times, with that glazed over eyes look as well. He's prolly thinking to himself, why did I ever vouch for Dorsey. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Morse is a mediocre center he should worry about blocking the guy in front of him rather than Josh’s love life. BTW Allen isn’t married and has no kids  he found a new girlfriend this happens in your average high school hundreds of times 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

One thing I noticed in the TB game that I liked a lot was that Allen spent a ton of time talking to his pass catchers on the sideline. 

The more bad games we get from Allen this year the more the blank stare in the corner bothers me. 

But more than working with Brady or scrolling a tablet. I’d love to see him working with his WR about what they’re both seeing out there and what the expectations are when they see x,y,z.

Otherwise they’re just running plays exactly as their drawn up, but when the bullets fly there are a lot of variables. Based on coverages, how a WR releases, and how Allen sets the coverage, routes change on the fly. I’d like there to be more communication. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

LOW POSITIVE BABY

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mango said:

One thing I noticed in the TB game that I liked a lot was that Allen spent a ton of time talking to his pass catchers on the sideline. 

The more bad games we get from Allen this year the more the blank stare in the corner bothers me. 

But more than working with Brady or scrolling a tablet. I’d love to see him working with his WR about what they’re both seeing out there and what the expectations are when they see x,y,z.

Otherwise they’re just running plays exactly as their drawn up, but when the bullets fly there are a lot of variables. Based on coverages, how a WR releases, and how Allen sets the coverage, routes change on the fly. I’d like there to be more communication. 

Thats what practice is for

They don't have a communication problem, they have a lack of talent problem

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

As many have said, he's regularly talking to people. It's likely just convenient camera work since weirdo headcase Josh with super athletic skills is the narrative now. He's not actually sitting there in a trance for 10 minutes at a time.

Sadly I believe you are wrong.......ALL those camera shots say you are wrong.   Can you admit?  You are wrong?

Edited by Kwai San
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Thats what practice is for

They don't have a communication problem, they have a lack of talent problem

Come on man. We see other QB’s working with their WR on the sideline often. 

“That’s what practice is for” is a cop out.

The offense is going to spiral if somebody doesn’t grab it by the horns. There’s no magic OC that will fix this this year. There are no magic WR. So mid season increased communication should  certainly help get help somewhat. 

Also, Allen hasn’t been throwing much at practice. 

7 minutes ago, Nelius said:

As many have said, he's regularly talking to people. It's likely just convenient camera work since weirdo headcase Josh with super athletic skills is the narrative now. He's not actually sitting there in a trance for 10 minutes at a time.

I don’t think it’s any new narrative. Josh has been inconsistent since he came into the league. So it’s not some new talking point.

Without a draft, FA, or new OC, the best way for this offense to get better than next 2 months is better QB play. 

Come on man. We see other QB’s working with their WR on the sideline often. 

“That’s what practice is for” is a cop out.

The offense is going to spiral if somebody doesn’t grab it by the horns. There’s no magic OC that will fix this this year. There are no magic WR. So mid season increased communication should  certainly help get help somewhat. 

Also, Allen hasn’t been throwing much at practice. 

Talking to the wideouts on the sidelines isn't going to make Davis any better at being physical at the top of his route or suddenly able to win vs man coverage consistently, nor is it going to get teams to stop rolling coverage to Diggs

You think you want to see things but they don't actually mean anything. They don't have enough talent on offense and no amount of sideline talking is going to fix that

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

lol what the hell 

26 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I saw him looking at the tablet too. I also did see him sitting there, a few times, with that glazed over eyes look as well. He's prolly thinking to himself, why did I ever vouch for Dorsey. 

He was focused on being low positive energy or some bs like that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Lol infidelity

If there ain't no ring on the finger....

There is no vow when you're dating

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Talking to the wideouts on the sidelines isn't going to make Davis any better at being physical at the top of his route or suddenly able to win vs man coverage consistently, nor is it going to get teams to stop rolling coverage to Diggs

You think you want to see things but they don't actually mean anything. They don't have enough talent on offense and no amount of sideline talking is going to fix that

Right because on other teams a QQ would never sit with his WR and say something like “the safety is cheating to Diggs, next time we run XYZ, Shakir take that route 5 yards deeper, he won’t be there”.

We see it all the time on mic’d ups, NFL films, and a million other docuseries. It happens regularly. 

I don’t think this is any magic fairy dust. But it would certainly add value. To say communication is for practice and why bother because Davis sucks is silly. 

• Agree 1

Right because on other teams a QQ would never sit with his WR and say something like “the safety is cheating to Diggs, next time we run XYZ, Shakir take that route 5 yards deeper, he won’t be there”.

We see it all the time on mic’d ups, NFL films, and a million other docuseries. It happens regularly. 

I don’t think this is any magic fairy dust. But it would certainly add value. To say communication is for practice and why bother because Davis sucks is silly. 

No, I'm saying talking about it isn't going to fix anything

What's silly is the assertion that they're NOT talking about these things constantly

40 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Thank you. People making an issue out of nothing. You can see this in every game from every QB. It’s a big nothing burger. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.