McD for Daboll

SectionC3

Straight up on black Monday.  Who says no? 

It’s a bit of an absurd idea, but an interesting thought exercise.  McD is stale here, but a proven commodity. Daboll is fun, creative guy and we might need that breath of fresh air. Sure, it’s a reaction to a gut punch loss.  But crazier things have happened and our staff right now ain’t it.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 7

Not on a million billion years. 

And I’m not saying “don’t fire McD”. I’m saying under no circumstances should Daboll be the replacement. The Giants have a lot of issues, and coaching is near the very top of their list. 

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I've never seem an offense waste a double flea flicker before. That was interesting 

Literally saw it twice today on other games where it didnt work out....

Its like the fans dont watch the struggles of other teams and think this is just uniquely buffalo.

Kansas City with Patrick Mahomes scored 0 points in 32 minutes today. 0 points in the 2nd half against Miami's defense.

2nd half:

Punt

Fumble

Punt

Punt

End of game

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

The guy has his giants team at 2-7 and is putting up pathetic performances. What are Bills fans obsession with Daboll?

The Giants don’t have the horses.

For goodness sake they have played 4 games with Tyrod Taylor and Tommy Devito at QB.

What do you think our record would be would those two!?

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s a bit of an absurd idea, but an interesting thought exercise.  McD is stale here, but a proven commodity. Daboll is fun, creative guy and we might need that breath of fresh air. Sure, it’s a reaction to a gut punch loss.  But crazier things have happened and our staff right now ain’t it.  

The Buufalo Bills Message board is in full effect here 

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Its like the fans dont watch the struggles of other teams and think this is just uniquely buffalo.

Kansas City with Patrick Mahomes scored 0 points in 32 minutes today. 0 points in the 2nd half against Miami's defense.

I didn't say it was uniquely Buffalo. I just said I never seen it the way it happened tonight. Chill out. I didn't mean that comment the way it sounded. I promise you

The idea behind Ben Johnson is interesting because there's no evidence he'd make a good HC. I'm not saying it's impossible, but why is anyone confident he possesses the requisite skills and intangibles for the job? Because he calls a good game for Detroit's offense?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I guess people don’t watch the Giants.  They are a complete dumpster fire and Daboll looks out of his League.  If I were Terry, I’d do everything in my power to get Vrabel. He’d win a championship with Allen as his QB.  

Jim Harbaugh would be on my short list. 

I don’t want the Bills to fire and dive in without a plan. If the Bills move on, I want them to do it already knowing who their top 3 candidates are before they call McD into the office. 

I’ll say it for the 100th time, Terry Pegula terrifies me. I have a real fear that any major moves could set this whole franchise into a death spiral. 

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Giants don’t have the horses.

For goodness sake they have played 4 games with Tyrod Taylor and Tommy Devito at QB.

What do you think our record would be would those two!?

40-0 with Daniel Jones against cowboys

28-7 until late in the 3rd quarter against the Cardinals (lucky the cardinals collapsed)

30-12 with Daniel Jones against the 49ers

24-3 with Daniel Jones against the Seahawks

31-13 with Daniel Jones (late 3rd quarter exit) against Miami

Daboll is getting dominated at every level. And you guys want it here 😂

Edited by What a Tuel

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

40-0 with Daniel Jones against cowboys

28-7 until late in the 3rd quarter against the Cardinals (lucky the cardinals collapsed)

30-12 with Daniel Jones against the 49ers

24-3 with Daniel Jones against the Seahawks

31-13 with Daniel Jones (late 3rd quarter exit) against Miami

Daboll is getting dominated at every level. And you guys want it here 😂

Do you… think Daniel Jones is a good QB?

Just now, Einstein said:

Do you… think Daniel Jones is a good QB?

Daboll and Schoen certainly think so. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/daniel-jones-contract-details-nfl-highest-paid-players-2023/e051fae37bbf14d8bd9ca6fd

Jones signed a four-year, $160 million contract with the Giants during the 2023 NFL offseason. The contract came with $92 million in guarantees, per Spotrac.com, and made him one of the highest-paid quarterbacks in the NFL.

27 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I would do it in a heartbeat. Who says big fat guys, who love cheeseburgers, as a HC who calls his own plays, and has a franchise QB can't succeed? Ring a bell?? 

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

Jim Harbaugh would be on my short list. 

I don’t want the Bills to fire and dive in without a plan. If the Bills move on, I want them to do it already knowing who their top 3 candidates are before they call McD into the office. 

I’ll say it for the 100th time, Terry Pegula terrifies me. I have a real fear that any major moves could set this whole franchise into a death spiral. 

Harbaugh seems like he’s got a screw loose.  Vrabel’s teams are always tough and I think his style would be perfect for Buffalo and Josh would respect him.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

2nd half:

Punt

Fumble

Punt

Punt

End of game

Saw it in a college game this weekend too. It’s pretty ugly when it doesn’t work out. 

Edited by Dopey

34 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s not completely absurd in the abstract, but when you take into account respective contracts, etc… yeah it’s never happening

22 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Daboll and Schoen certainly think so. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/daniel-jones-contract-details-nfl-highest-paid-players-2023/e051fae37bbf14d8bd9ca6fd

Jones signed a four-year, $160 million contract with the Giants during the 2023 NFL offseason. The contract came with $92 million in guarantees, per Spotrac.com, and made him one of the highest-paid quarterbacks in the NFL.

Yeah I called that. a horrible decision by Schoen at the time.

But we are talking about Daboll. 

7 hours ago, Punch said:

The idea behind Ben Johnson is interesting because there's no evidence he'd make a good HC. I'm not saying it's impossible, but why is anyone confident he possesses the requisite skills and intangibles for the job? Because he calls a good game for Detroit's offense?

I never said that I thought trying to swap out McD for Daboll is a good idea.  But it arguably has more merit than bringing in an unknown like Ben Johnson because Daboll is a little bit more of a known quantity, both in terms of his prior dealings here and his performance with the Giants (good and bad).  Johnson, of course, has done some nice things with Goff.  But Daboll did nice things with Allen. So who is to say that Johnson won't befall the same fate as Daboll as a HC?

7 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

2nd half:

Punt

Fumble

Punt

Punt

End of game

But they took a commanding 21-0 lead.  Their defense closed it out.  Their coach didn’t make stupid decisions.  

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I guess people don’t watch the Giants.  They are a complete dumpster fire and Daboll looks out of his League.  If I were Terry, I’d do everything in my power to get Vrabel. He’d win a championship with Allen as his QB.  

I absolutely despise Vrabel. But, he does always seem to have his team ready to play, play hard and play above their skill level. 

8 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I would cry tears of joy if this happened.

Should’ve never let Daboll leave building.

Trying to compare his situation to what McClap has here is a joke.

McClap is in a Ferrari on the race track. Daboll is stuck with a use Hyundai.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.