The Bills are done, stick a fork in them

HopefulFuture

I've watched these past 4 years, the window isn't closing, it's closed.

Allen isn't the answer. Good QB, but he can't win the clutch games. Oh I know fans will throw a multitude of excuses....coaching, personnel, and each have merit on their own right.

Beans and McD need to go, so does Allen. Let Diggs go to. Get what you can in trade value. That should be solid building blocks if the right management team and coaching staff are assembled.

Many will hate this opinion, but if your not accepting the reality of the current situation, then your living your Bills Fandom in la la land.

The current organizational make up, from management and coaching to roster personnel is not taking this team anywhere.

I know, hate it, hate me and a growing number that share this opinion, but it won't change the reality on the ground. This team is going nowhere, and the past 4+ years outcomes project this.

The time for denial is over. It's time to move on to acceptance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 9
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 10
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Dislike 7

1 minute ago, HopefulFuture said:

Allen isn't the answer. Good QB, but he can't win the clutch games. Oh I know fans will throw a multitude of excuses....coaching, personnel, and each have merit on their own right.

Beans and McD need to go, so does Allen. Let Diggs go to. Get what you can in trade value. That should be solid building blocks if the right management team and coaching staff are assembled.

Many will hate this opinion, but if your not accepting the reality of the current situation, then your living your Bills Fandom in la la land.

The current organizational make up, from management and coaching to roster personnel is not taking this team anywhere.

I know, hate it, hate me and a growing number that share this opinion, but it won't change the reality on the ground. This team is going nowhere, and the past 4+ years outcomes project this.

I like your confidence in starting this thread.  Will you still be around here, even though the window is closed?

16 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Family and I are huge Allen fans. Great person…ya da ya da…he is not a smart QB and has trouble reading defenses. He has been regressing since 13 seconds. When we look back on Allen era, one of worst moves was listening to Allen and hiring his buddy as an OC. 

This is a point I have raised several times …

Edit ..: the point about Josh “hiring his buddy”

Edited by Aussie Joe

OP is quite extreme, but I do think this regime is sputtering out. Lots of tough personnel decisions in a pseudo rebuild this winter. I’d prefer Beane wasn’t making those decisions but something tells me Pegula will bring everyone back. Allen isn’t going anywhere obviously.

Edited by Airseven
  • Agree 4

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

I like your confidence in starting this thread.  Will you still be around here, even though the window is closed?

I've been around for years. I don't post much. I do when I have something to say. I read it daily. There's not anything more for me to add. I've watched every game of the current staff and qb Era, it's not a pretty picture if a championship is the goal. Just my view based on performance in those 4+ years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

You do realize how hard it is to find a QB as good as Josh?  Have you been watching the Bills for the last 23 years?  You try to improve the team around Josh.  Von has not worked out this year, the defense has a bunch of season ending injuries, the playcalling has been bad, and we don't have a #2 WR who can beat man coverage well.  Davis is good against zones.  You make changes and draft correctly next year.

Edited by Murdox
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

This is a point I have raised several times …

I’m trying to blame it on Hollywood - money, celebrity girlfriend, golf tourney’s, etc. All I know is despite the “numbers” he does not look right. It feels like he or the entire team is not as prepared. I don’t know. It always looks worse when it’s not working.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

I've been around for years. I don't post much. I do when I have something to say. I read it daily. There's not anything more for me to add. I've watched every game of the current staff and qb Era, it's not a pretty picture if a championship is the goal. Just my view based on performance in those 4+ years.

So much for a hopeful future 😝.  Man, that was probably our toughest game all regular season.  We’re 5-4 now, and time will tell, but I think we’re gonna make a run still.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

I’m trying to blame it on Hollywood - money, celebrity girlfriend, golf tourney’s, etc. All I know is despite the “numbers” he does not look right. It feels like he or the entire team is not as prepared. I don’t know. It always looks worse when it’s not working.  

they don’t have the positive energy and passion.  I think it’s lack of belief in the staff. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Family and I are huge Allen fans. Great person…ya da ya da…he is not a smart QB and has trouble reading defenses. He has been regressing since 13 seconds. When we look back on Allen era, one of worst moves was listening to Allen and hiring his buddy as an OC. 

Yeah, it's not a strength of his, but it doesn't help that our WRs outside of Diggs can't really beat man coverage.  Teams can play Tampa 2 against us and it severely limits us.  Look at the depth on that Bengals receiving group - we would love to have that.  Frankly, I thought he made some good reads as well tonight - reading the D on that Diggs TD pass was brilliant.

Edited by Murdox

18 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

Get a life

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

they don’t have the positive energy and passion.  I think it’s lack of belief in the staff. 

It appears that way. It’s starting to look far inferior from an execution standpoint. Allen and Diggs are superior athletes but the product is awful right now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

@SDShas done a great job with the Bills and Sabres sites.  But the negativity lately has taken away a lot of why I enjoyed being here.

In a weird way, it was better when the Bills were a perennial loser.  The constant "female dogging" lately is just getting too much to bear.

To those of you who still find some sort of comradery, even in a loss, I raise a glass to you.  But as an old man, life is too short to 

attempt to enjoy football on gameday around here.

I figure this is as good a thread as any to share my feelings.  As always,

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

The pig is ready, nice and warm now

17 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

I guess people forgot that at one point in 2021, the Bills were 7-6.  They went on a huge run and played phenomenal in the playoffs.  All up to the 13 seconds.   Season is far from over.  We’re a game back of the Dolphins with the tie breaker in hand.  

So you are saying we are on the outside looking in?

Been through too many drought years to give up on THIS season.  

We're one game back in the division to a team that's a bigger pretender than we are.  We can still pull out the division, imo - thought I'd admit it's an uphill climb.

From there, who knows. We are NOT as good as some of the other teams in the AFC this year. But as we all know - it's not always the best team that wins  in the end. It's the team that gets hot at the end.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

He has the most touchdowns in football this year 

• Like (+1) 1

ridiculously difficult schedule.  spent entire offseason gearing up for 2 TE sets to be the offense,  starting TE on IR.   Lost 3 all pro caliber players on one side of the ball in key positions.   valid excuses tbh. 

what actually made the offense run in the past was Josh running around.   set the defense on its heels.  coaches/fans/everybody,  wanted Josh to stop that.  so now the O is one dimensional.  the biggest problem i see now is McD gambling with the blitz  (as opposed to everybody being upset with Frasier not blitzing),   Josh no longer looking to run much,  teams playing toward our tendencies on both sides of the ball,  and,  heres the big one,  lack of adjustments during the game.

not a great loss for this team.  we were in it till the end though,  even playing that poorly.   glass half full,  but,  there are cracks forming on the glass,  many.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, damj said:

Allen IS the answer. 

McDermott is not 

Thank you. Give Josh a competent offensive HC like Ben Johnson and a conditioning staff that can keep our defense off the IR, and things will turn around.  Surround JA with a viable offensive gameplan and stress drafting offense over D.  Half our D are aging anyway or overpaid.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

@SDShas done a great job with the Bills and Sabres sites.  But the negativity lately has taken away a lot of why I enjoyed being here.

In a weird way, it was better when the Bills were a perennial loser.  The constant "female dogging" lately is just getting too much to bear.

To those of you who still find some sort of comradery, even in a loss, I raise a glass to you.  But as an old man, life is too short to 

Go Bills.

Colarado is a nice spot at least 

• Haha (+1) 1

29 other coaches (updated for the wiseguy below) in the NFL would give their left nut for Josh Allen.  He would immediately make any team, even the lowly New Jersey Giants, a Super Bowl contender.  It's not his fault he has a *****in' idiot for a head coach.  He's a winner, which I've known since his smiling face was seen in the Pylon Cam at the Metrodome in 2018 as he dove in for a TD.  THAT'S MY QUARTERBACK!!!  HANDS OFF, MUTHA *****A!!!

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beat the Broncos next week and it’s a whole new ball game. 

26 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Go Bills.

Stick with it. Most negative reactions here are short sighted. Mine included 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I know josh's stats don't tell the whole story because he just doesn't look right.  He doesn't seem to be Josh until we're behind.  Until then it seems like hes trying to be a typical immobile pocket passer.  Its so simple... run like you always have but just slide or run out of bounds.  Better that than get sacked.  Also, not getting a legit wr2 was a mistake.  I feel like Beane is shopping at walmart digging in the 2 dollar dvd bin looking for wr help.  dalton is a great add but he's a slot wr maybe a real te someday.  Also the so so drafting has been killer.  Elam may not be a bust yet but if you had a feeling it would take 4 years before the light went on maybe draft a corner more suited to zone.  it feels like the whole team is searching for that groove they were in and just can't quite find it.  I'm not an expert but it feels like they're done.  It's time to look to the offseason and think about this mini rebuild they're heading into.  Seriously consider if mcd and/or beane are the guys to get us over this hump.  At the same token remember terry hired rex so maybe better off leaving that alone.  He also hired ralph so it could be worse but it feels so crappy watching the chiefs dolpins bengals amass legit talent while it we just tread water.

anyways end of rant

just an observation but does it seem like we always play the chiefs away?

Edited by larrym
additional thought

15 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Every coach in the NFL would give their left nut for Josh Allen.  He would immediately make any team, even the lowly New Jersey Giants, a Super Bowl contender.  It's not his fault he has a *****in' idiot for a head coach.  He's a winner, which I've known since his smiling face was seen in the Pylon Cam at the Metrodome in 2018 as he dove in for a TD.  THAT'S MY QUARTERBACK!!!  HANDS OFF, MUTHA *****A!!!

Every? I can think of two coaches that would never ever switch qb’s with the Bills. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Every? I can think of two coaches that would never ever switch qb’s with the Bills. 

OK wiseguy. 29 other NFL coaches.

26 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

what actually made the offense run in the past was Josh running around.   set the defense on its heels.  coaches/fans/everybody,  wanted Josh to stop that.  so now the O is one dimensional.  the biggest problem i see now is McD gambling with the blitz  (as opposed to everybody being upset with Frasier not blitzing),   Josh no longer looking to run much,  teams playing toward our tendencies on both sides of the ball,  and,  heres the big one,  lack of adjustments during the game.

Speak for yourself, Kimosabe.  RUN JOSH RUN!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, probably. There's something going on. I know I said that they still had a great shot 4 days ago, which many posters have reminded me of lol, and they did. But then today happened, and now the odds are much worse. 

I read some chatter earlier, maybe in the game day thread, that McD stuck his nose in the offense after the first drive. Trying to find it but coming up empty, but nonetheless that really muddies the water if so. You almost have no choice but to be anti McD if there's any truth to that, because it's so much easier to say Dorse should go. If Dorse engineered that first drive, and then things changed, then it makes it all weird.

Edited by Nelius

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

So much for a hopeful future 😝.  Man, that was probably our toughest game all regular season.  We’re 5-4 now, and time will tell, but I think we’re gonna make a run still.  

Denial runs deep. Only running that will be done is to the bathroom. 

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yeah, probably. There's something going on. I know I said that they still had a great shot 4 days ago, which many posters have reminded me of lol, and they did. But then today happened, and now the odds are much worse. 

I read some chatter earlier, maybe in the game day thread, that McD stuck his nose in the offense after the first drive. Trying to find it but coming up empty, but nonetheless that really muddies the water if so. You almost have no choice but to be anti McD if there's any truth to that, because it's so much easier to say Dorse should go. If Dorse engineered that first drive, and then things changed, then it makes it all weird.

Even the most optimistic posters are having second thoughts. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Denial runs deep. Only running that will be done is to the bathroom. 

Even the most optimistic posters are having second thoughts. 

I don't think running the math at 5-3 makes me "most optimistic". Now it's 5-4 and I'm not. That's realistic, which is not to be confused with the stuff that guys like you and Airseven do before the season even starts.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.