Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen not happy with the grounding call. I thought the refs did what they could to limit our points there, but McD should not have punted with the clock running. 

The grounding call was a joke.  I get that it probably cost us a FG and changed the course of the game, but we gotta make our own breaks, too. 

• Agree 1

Kincaid and Shakir look very good. Davis does not. The fumble by Kincaid proved fatal, but I don’t blame him and he will learn from that. When did Josh last complete a deep pass BTW? 

The division is turning into a real hornets nest. The second half of the season will be thrilling. 

This place will be unbearable until the next win. Luckily I don’t have to visit it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yes, we have a lot of injuries on defense. However, regardless of our injury situation over the last few years, we have very rarely made big stops late in close games. I can’t remember the last time we got a turnover in a key late game situation.  I would’ve gone for an onside kick with 3:32 left. That’s how little confidence I have in our defense in game on the line situations. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen not happy with the grounding call. I thought the refs did what they could to limit our points there, but McD should not have punted with the clock running. 

Nobody knew the clock was running…if anything the bengals got more screwed by referee incompetence with the clock there..  if we lined up to go for it they absolutely would’ve called a timeout 

Just now, Gunsgoodtime said:

Has anyone in here saw quite enough of the McDermott lead Bills to see they are not good enough to lead us to a SB yet?  How many years does it take?  

Sure, I agree. But I'm not going to get all worked up about it because I have no control. Just like I have decided not to be upset about this loss. It's not like I suited up and played. But it took a few drinks to get to that point. Because, unlike the vast majority of you, I have to go out and live and work in Cincinnati tomorrow. Wish me luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Bills beat by better team.  Never really in this game.  No running game, no legit #2 WR, and defense held together by band-aid at this point.  Von Miller has to make that play at the end of the game.   If Bills make playoffs and that is a big if at this point, will be exiting early.  KC, Cinncy, and even Miami better than Bills at his point.  Have to find a legit #2 WR in off-season and retool defense.   

not sure Dorsey will even know what to do with a WR 2. 

• Like (+1) 1

I need to see Josh playing with urgency going forward. He’s not that good just standing in the pocket, waiting for it to cave in while he holds the ball too long.  
Josh needs to throw on the run often, or be decisive and run. And the fact we can’t run the ball against good teams is the death of the Bills every season.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Instead the Bengals kept the ball against us. Granted Josh helped with a bad interception early and failing to put up points in the final half drive.

Yeah I’m sure will hear from McD how we lost the turnover battle but the D hasn’t created a turnover since London. Allen can’t be perfect all the time. He’s the best player on the team and McD wants him to play like he’s a game manager.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Bills beat by better team.  Never really in this game.  No running game, no legit #2 WR, and defense held together by band-aid at this point.  Von Miller has to make that play at the end of the game.   If Bills make playoffs and that is a big if at this point, will be exiting early.  KC, Cinncy, and even Miami better than Bills at his point.  Have to find a legit #2 WR in off-season and retool defense.   

The Bills can’t retool in 2024. They are in cap hell. They need to cut bait with the over 30 crowd on defense, take their dead cap hits for 2024 and then they will have lots of cap room for 2025 forward. It’s their only chance to actually compete for a championship in the future. This year is shot, and next year needs to be a pass so that they can actually do something 2025 and future years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

On the intentional grounding, Josh tripple clutched to the check-down before trying the deep shot. It was like he knew what he should do but just didn't want to it.

Ive watched football religiously since the 1979 season. I have never seen an intentional grounding call where there was no pressure on the QB ever. Its literally one of the worst calls I've ever seen and took 3 points off the board potentially.  Yes they still probably lose this game but these officials were pathetic.

I'm finally just done with McD, that challenge was completely idiotic from every angle you can look at it. It was a 9 yard incompletion, not a 45 yard play. He quite literally burned a timeout for an attempt at getting 9 ***** yards!

It feels like the offense has a firm leash on it and it has greatly impacted Allen's throwing. He has a shoulder ailment so why are we attempting to have him go long constantly. 

Davis should never do any option routes; he is literally horrid at them. He and Allen never guess right and it shows up far too often. 

It feels like the entire offensive game plan is to eat clock, and hope to generate steady drives while simultaneously telling Allen he must play like Brady in the pocket. Then we fall behind and they suddenly yell, Allen save us!

Our defense is cursed in regards to injuries.

Long term crystal ball sees two more wins tops. Denver - New England. Final record 7-10. You know that the same cast of coaching characters back next year. Injuries will be wrongly blamed for bad season. Next year, with easier schedule, Bills go 9-8 miss playoffs again.... . Finally in late 2024 McDermott will be canned. Bills in complete rebuild in 2025. Allen and Diggs both seeing their careers wasting away, gets fed up in 2026, and signs with the Cowboys for $500M. Bills don't reappear on Sunday night football until 2037 with Brady's son Jack at QB. Jack Brady turns out to be the next San Darnold. Bills don't reappear on Monday night football again until 2055. By then Bills are known as the Austin Texas Rough Riders. Nobody outside of Buffalo remembers the Bills franchise. Bills Highmark stadium, which then mainly holds truck demolition Derby's is emploded in 2060.               

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

Our banged up D only gave up 3 points in the second half.  Dorsey needs to stop being schizophrenic.  Up tempo, quick passes work.  Why does he insist on series with long developing plays?  Quite honestly I expected a blow out tonite.  Bengals are a good team and they are healthy.  Our team is getting more banged up each week.  If Kinkaid doesn't fumble, who knows?  We need to get healthy and the offense needs to play smarter.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Has anyone in here saw quite enough of the McDermott lead Bills to see they are not good enough to lead us to a SB yet?  How many years does it take?  

I saw fourth stringers stopping the Bengals late. McD should stay at least another season.

• Vomit 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

Ive watched football religiously since the 1979 season. I have never seen an intentional grounding call where there was no pressure on the QB ever. Its literally one of the worst calls I've ever seen and took 3 points off the board potentially.  Yes they still probably lose this game but these officials were pathetic.

The refs blew back to back to back calls on that one lol.  Missed trip was horrible, intentional grounding was horrible, then there seems to have been an insane amount of confusion where neither coach knew the clock was running to close out the half 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

Sure. But if he takes the check-down, it's a FD and he gets out of bounds to stop the clock. 

3 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Kincaid and Shakir look very good. Davis does not. The fumble by Kincaid proved fatal, but I don’t blame him and he will learn from that. When did Josh last complete a deep pass BTW? 

The division is turning into a real hornets nest. The second half of the season will be thrilling. 

This place will be unbearable until the next win. Luckily I don’t have to visit it. 

People are going to all up in their feelings, lets see how things look with some time for the new guys to actually fit into the team. Also maybe someone will finally figure out that what worked in the Tampa Bay game could maybe be something we could keep ***** doing on offense.

Edited by Warcodered

Thanks for not dressing Fournette. I’m sure he wouldn’t have helped at all. Make sure we have 15 STs guys for the zero ***** difference they make. How about dress a guy or two that can get you off the field on 3rd and 4th down? Who gives a ***** about kick coverage, kick the ball through the uprights who gives a *****? Fix the defense FFS

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

The Bills can’t retool in 2024. They are in cap hell. They need to cut bait with the over 30 crowd on defense, take their dead cap hits for 2024 and then they will have lots of cap room for 2025 forward. It’s their only chance to actually compete for a championship in the future. This year is shot, and next year needs to be a pass so that they can actually do something 2025 and future years. 

I agree.  I would unload every last over-the-hill, dead weight contract I could this offseason with the goal of clearing cap space for 2025.

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Between the rumors of Diggs being upset and thinking the window is closed and Florio with his Jenga tower crap after every single Bills loss I wonder if there really is some serious problem behind the scenes.

Not sure why or what it is because the record is the same as a lot of other teams that are showing a ton of passion and energy. 

I wonder if the McD act is tired.  Process this process that blah blah blah.  Try not wasting a timeout on a pointless challenge, or getting beat in a Polaroid timeout, or winning a tight game in the fourth quarter.  We’re a team of front runners who find ways to lose when it gets hairy.  Sad but true. 

Edited by SectionC3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.