Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

Right, my friend who is a packers fan called me and is prettttty upset they lost him..

The casualness of some Bills fans is insane.. They want and want and want.... but know nothing outside of 1 Bills drive... even then, it's questionable. 

Not know who a guy with 10 INTs in 2 years is laughable. 

There’s Bills “fans” that think 7 nation army is our song when we score and they’ll fight/argue with you over it. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Age. Cap space. Stockpiling picks. Not a core player.

They plucked him off a practice squad. Signed him to one deal which they re-structured. And then flipped him for a 3rd. Perhaps simply time to cash the investment.

Nice try...as usual the resident fake Bills fan/actual Fins fan tries to chime in with a silly take.  About par for the course.

Maybe the Bills should try to "cash in" on Matt Milano. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yep.  I wrote that yesterday.  Such is 36, but played well for the Eagles, and with our 50% rotation, wouldn’t get worn out.  He was impactful on the Bucs a few years ago.  He wouldn’t cost much either.

Did I see someone post something about him coming in for a physical. Can't find it now, but I read it somewhere and I thought it was here?🤔

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

He did. Quote from him after Sunday's game (taken from ESPN article):

"We're saying s--- but until we actually do the s---, it don't really matter," Douglas said after Sunday's loss to the Minnesota Vikings. "I'm thinking about it like, bro, I've never been a loser in my life. These last two years have been f---ing loser. That s--- ain't me. I don't think that s---'s us. We've got to do something, you know what I mean?"

Yup...get rid of the guy who is sick and tired of losing so they can have players that just accept it and are there to collect a paycheck.  That is going to help them get out of it all right.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Yup...get rid of the guy who is sick and tired of losing so they can have players that just accept it and are there to collect a paycheck.  That is going to help them get out of it all right.

I think they just know they're going to suck for a while & need to rebuild. And Douglas made it pretty clear he's not down with playing for a losing team that's preparing to lose even more. 

Glad he spoke up, as that probably made it easier for us to get him!

Just now, BigDingus said:

I think they just know they're going to suck for a while & need to rebuild. And Douglas made it pretty clear he's not down with playing for a losing team that's preparing to lose even more. 

Glad he spoke up, as that probably made it easier for us to get him!

Douglas is basically like Diggs personality on the D side of the ball...he is going to fit in so well here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I appreciate this positive report but this is the problem with blindly trusting PFF grades.  It’s one thing to do this against the Broncos. It’s another to do this against the Fins (which White did). 

Not blindly trusting anything or anyone. It's just one more small piece of news for people to digest. Most people, including myself, will for our own opinions after watching him play in our system for a few games.

I will hope and try to trust that McBeane know how to evaluate veteran corners, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Nice try...as usual the resident fake Bills fan/actual Fins fan tries to chime in with a silly take.  About par for the course.

RODNEY!!  There's an all-time great!

8 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

"We're saying s--- but until we actually do the s---, it don't really matter," Douglas said after Sunday's loss to the Minnesota Vikings. "I'm thinking about it like, bro, I've never been a loser in my life. These last two years have been f---ing loser. That s--- ain't me. I don't think that s---'s us. We've got to do something, you know what I mean?"

Added two players that have have that dog in them. We needed a little extra attitude!! 🤬 IN A !! 😁

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Well I guess he's our ####### now. 🤣

EDIT: Guess I was thinking of a different Packers corner but did find this clip that was funny.

man’s he would’ve gotten away with it if the invisibility cloak didn’t wear off 

2 hours ago, somnus00 said:

He picked off our own Josh Allen... for those who don't know who he is. 

That narrows it down to 60 people 

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Toure always all over it Turk sniffing out the trolls.  By airseven.  You may want to enter a new emoji, and start all over as the real Bills guys know you.

the sad thing is if you were just honest and said you’re a Fish fan, and was respectful, but disagree at times, people would respect you vs the silly passive aggressive stuff pretending to be a Bills fan.  How long do you think it takes before we all know who you are.  Don’t go away mad, just go away.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Ok,fair enough. We need a ton more of that in our locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

So if Benford and Douglas end up our starters our CBs are bigger than our safeties.  There's some coverage and run support.

I’m starting to this this defense is going to evolve to rotation of 4 down lineman supported by 7 safety sized dudes of varying athleticism. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m starting to this this defense is going to evolve to rotation of 4 down lineman supported by 7 safety sized dudes of varying athleticism. 

I don't know who some of them are but we have six CB's (according to espns roster) that are 6'1" or taller.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I don't know who some of them are but we have six CB's (according to espns roster) that are 6'1" or taller.

Maybe we have a WR we convert to DB - worked well for George Wilson.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/buffalo-bills-agree-to-terms-to-acquire-cb-rasul-douglas-from-green-bay-packers

The Bills have agreed to terms to acquire Packers cornerback Rasul Douglas via a trade.

Buffalo is sending a 2024 3rd-round pick to Green Bay in exchange for Douglas and a 2024 5th-round pick.

At 6-foot-2, 209 pounds, Douglas is a physical and big-bodied defensive back with experience playing on the perimeter and in the slot. After getting signed by Green Bay in 2021, Douglas has recorded 10 interceptions, 32 pass breakups and 174 tackles.

Through seven games with the Packers this season, Douglas has one interception, six passes defended and 32 total tackles. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I just remember them really liking him pre draft for some reason and him going earlier than it seemed he would. Really good scheme fit. And he’s an aggressive energy player, which is a good thing. He brings an edge to the defense. 

Won a ring with Philly had 9 picks in last 2.5 seasons … ok ok

• Like (+1) 1

Here's a great play from Douglas - Game sealing INT against the 7-0 Cardinals with 15 seconds left, handing them their first loss of the season!

Edit: Go to 27:13 in the video. You'll have to click the link since the NFL is stingy about their clips 😅

33 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Douglas is basically like Diggs personality on the D side of the ball...he is going to fit in so well here.

Which is going to be great, especially with some of our other leaders out with injury & Von still working his way back into the swing of things.

Obviously we still have Hyde & Poyer, but it'll be good to have another highly motivated, highly competitive guy in that locker room.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Simon pinned this topic
48 minutes ago, Airseven said:

They plucked him off a practice squad. Signed him to one deal which they re-structured. And then flipped him for a 3rd. Perhaps simply time to cash the investment.

Not many in their fanbase would agree however. 

54 minutes ago, Airseven said:

They realized they don’t have a franchise QB and they need more picks to get the best one they can

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 and 22 the guy put up 13 pd's and 4 plus picks and a forced fumble per year.  He even had 2 TD's to boot.  Whatever he did before that I don't care.  He's proven that he get's it and that in the right defense he's a problem for offenses.  If he fits this defense he looks like a great starter and he seems like a perfect fit.

Edited by Maine-iac

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That doesn't Gibe with PFF's coverage grade ranking him 12th.  I wonder if being the closest defender even playing zone counts as being targeted.  

I like PFF and what they do, but their ratings for certain positions are terrible. CB rankings are as bad as you get because they only grade plays where the CB’s coverage responsibility is targeted by a pass (which is absurd IMO). I’m not ripping the move or player, just PFF’s CB ratings. 

For the record I’m glad we made at least one move. Douglas should be able to help. He’s a competent, experienced mid-tier starter at CB, which is among the things we needed. While we gave up a fairly valuable 3rd round draft pick, at least we got back GB’s 5th. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Well, we don't officially have the comp pick for Edmunds yet, and won't until later, so as of this point in time it doesn't exist. It's our current 3rd pick.

It’s being reported by multiple sources that the 49ers traded one of their two upcoming 3rd round comp picks for Chase Young.

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1719434535698616499?s=20

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1719428975250768379?s=61&t=mvFwLU5P2NuqNnOmVpYtwg

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/commanders-trade-chase-young-49ers-round-pick/story?id=104524725#:~:text=The 49ers are projected to,sent to Washington for Young.

So maybe you can trade them before they are officially issued? Unless it’s being reported wrong. I know they changed the rules 5-6 years ago to allow teams to trade comp picks but I don’t know the specific rules on it.

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

It’s being reported by multiple sources that the 49ers traded one of their two upcoming 3rd round comp picks for Chase Young.

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1719434535698616499?s=20

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1719428975250768379?s=61&t=mvFwLU5P2NuqNnOmVpYtwg

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/commanders-trade-chase-young-49ers-round-pick/story?id=104524725#:~:text=The 49ers are projected to,sent to Washington for Young.

So maybe you can trade them before they are officially issued? Unless it’s being reported wrong. I know they changed the rules 5-6 years ago to allow teams to trade comp picks but I don’t know the specific rules on it.

SF will get compensatory 3rds for Demeco Ryan going to Houston as their HC.  So that pick is a certainty.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.