Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

Tre White was still coming back from his injury, so I'd say Douglas may even be better at this point. Pretty much the same age. Douglas is bigger. 

Nice job, Beane. Now bring back Harrison Phillips, and we can call it a day, even without a LB. 

Cannot believe the people on here who don’t know anything about football, much less the fact that Rasul has a wife named Wilma and two sons, Douglas and Little Douggie. Oh, and never mind that the password he uses is 123password. Geezus. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

Jones seems to think he will be back.  Not sure about Milano since nothing new has been reported since his injury.

I had not heard anything about either. I would have thought if Milano had knee ligament damage we would have heard and it would be season ending. Now I'm thinking maybe this is "just" a bone break which gives him a good shot at making it back for the playoffs. 

36 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Don't like it, especially not for a 3rd round pick.  Is he even going to start over Benford and Jackson?  

That 3rd round pick could be way more important to this team as we will have a lot of holes to fill.  

Nah!? I think he will be our #1 CB almost right away. Dude can ball and got paid a few years back after the GB playoff run. This is a very savvy, smart pickup. I would have been ok with Levi, given our issues...but Douglas is...was a cornerstone piece in GB.

Edited by foreboding

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

100% yes, without question.  Anyone saying otherwise is outing themselves as not knowing much about other teams and/or players.

There are some knowledgeable posters worried that he’s just on a hot streak now that could regress to journeyman level if things don’t go well which is a negative opinion with merit…but some of these other posts look like straight up trolling lol  

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I had not heard anything about either. I would have thought if Milano had knee ligament damage we would have heard and it would be season ending. Now I'm thinking maybe this is "just" a bone break which gives him a good shot at making it back for the playoffs. 

Jones had a twitter post a week or so ago.  Something like "I'll be back" with a sack of his.  The "no news is good news" on Milano is as good as we can expect at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

Douglas #1 CB

Benford/Jackson split #2

Bernard and Williams LB's

Our D line is getting healthy - Floyd and Von, Rousseau, Eddie and Phillips, Epenesa. NOT BAD boys!

If Poyer and Hyde/Rapp can step it up.... hmmm

Keep moving the ball around on O to Shakir and Kincaid.

Palyoff Lenny and Cook pounding the rock. Josh being Josh again hopefully.

Could be good!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

He is and has been a starter people. Seriously, watch other games and teams before making your claims. He is 100% for sure better than Dane, and likely Benford too. Might take a couple games to integrate to our system.

So we're still doomed against Joe Burrrr?

Just now, Jeffbigalls said:

Targeted 47 times this season allowed 27 catches for 292 yards and 4tds , and 109.0 passer rating when targeted 

He was also playing on a bad team with no pass rush, and was asked to be the number one corner for several games with Jaire Alexander hurt

He will be in a better position with the Bills where he can thrive in a role where he's just asked to do his 1/11

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

There is probably no chance he gets in and up to speed to play Sunday night, but hopefully next week he'll pick up enough of the defense to play some meaningful snaps in a couple weeks.  He's a great zone CB, so hopefully the learning curve will be smaller than most.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If they do then they are fools. Dodson is terrible. They should let Williams get the reps and let him get better as the season progresses

I think they understand what they have in Dodson, or rather don't have. 

No one 1BD thinks they have a great defense. Douglas helps shore that up. 

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

And how many starters on offense have we lost to injury this season? Bad take.

Zoom out for a second.  Defense is surrendering 17 points per through half the season with their HC moonlighting as DC and those injuries.  That's about what their scoring defense was in 2022 and 2021.

If you're scoring 20, 14, 25, and 24 against the likes of Jacksonville, the Giants, New England, and Tampa Bay I'd say something's wrong.  4 game spells aren't a drop in the bucket. 

Grab a starter at DB who will most likely replace Tre White long term, maintain 10 draft picks in next years draft. 

They clearly don’t want Elam on the field this year and the other options were Josh Norman and Jamarcus Ingram. 

Tre White gets released, Benford and Douglas with Elam, draft a couple of DBs high in the draft(CB/S) and we look not too bad in the future at DB

• Agree 1

Just now, sven233 said:

There is probably no chance he gets in and up to speed to play Sunday night, but hopefully next week he'll pick up enough of the defense to play some meaningful snaps in a couple weeks.  He's a great zone CB, so hopefully the learning curve will be smaller than most.

He has done nothing but get smoked this year lol..has gave up.4 tds and when targeted is allowing a 109 passer rating....this signing does nothing but put another warm body in a Bills jersey

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'm assuming this is the Bills 3rd round pick and not the expected comp pick for Edmunds. I don't think they officially know if they will get that comp pick or not yet. 

Is that correct?

Correct.

The pick Buffalo gave up is their own because comp picks have not been awarded yet

4 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Targeted 47 times this season allowed 27 catches for 292 yards and 4tds , and 109.0 passer rating when targeted 

That doesn't Gibe with PFF's coverage grade ranking him 12th.  I wonder if being the closest defender even playing zone counts as being targeted.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'm assuming this is the Bills 3rd round pick and not the expected comp pick for Edmunds. I don't think they officially know if they will get that comp pick or not yet. 

Is that correct?

Correct nothing official on comp picks til after the season is over.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.