Bills signing Fournette (for real this time)

Process

11 minutes ago, Moulds 808080 said:

Let's see in a few games I'm going on record that he will be a big part of us moving the ball. He can catch run and block. 

I’m betting that in 4 weeks we’re all going to be asking why we signed him. 

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im sure Beane has got a brain 

Not a big one

• Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, Iraq Vet said:

I hope he has some nastiness left in the tank. We got no one with serious nastiness on offense since crazy man... Richie Incongito. 

I don't care if he weighs 300lbs and has just 10 plays on the field all game.  Just be nasty.  

He can prance around the field in a tutu, so long as he nets 5 ypc.

3 minutes ago, NUT said:

If this is such a great signing, why did he sit on the couch for so long?

I’m guessing he wanted way more $ in the summer and no one was willing to do it.

hopefully he used the time to “become the best version of himself”  reportedly is in great shape.  

the Bills are literally always in need of players who bring a physical edge on the field. There is hardly anyone on the roster who does

I really thought the Fournette thing was click bait i would think a CB or LB would have been priority seeing as the running game has been a bit better than last season & that they really haven't used them a lot out side of Cook .

I hope Beane knows best .

3 minutes ago, T master said:

I really thought the Fournette thing was click bait i would think a CB or LB would have been priority seeing as the running game has been a bit better than last season & that they really haven't used them a lot out side of Cook .

Fournette is a far superior pass blocker and Brady relied on him a lot as a safety valve

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Moulds 808080 said:

How are so many people upset with this. He will be a huge asset to us!! 

I don't see anything about this that you would see as a"huge" asset? Maybe he will improve the RB pass protection, that's about it. not sure it's enough to be a "huge" asset.

34 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

How? 

Maybe they think he will be better on shotgun draw lol

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, T master said:

Not many good CB or LB sitting on the couch right now. They’ll have to trade for one of those. Deadline is tomorrow so stay tuned ….

This is a zero risk move to fill a void at RB. I love it. Guy has a nasty streak, has a lot of playoff experience, can block and catch. What’s not to like? That he’s going to take some reps from Murray at some point? Signing a guy to the practice squad does not prevent us from making a move at DT/LB/CB/WR if there is a move to be made.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

This is a zero risk move to fill a void at RB. I love it. Guy has a nasty streak, has a lot of playoff experience, can block and catch. What’s not to like? That he’s going to take some reps from Murray at some point? Signing a guy to the practice squad does not prevent us from making a move at DT/LB/CB/WR if there is a move to be made.

Doubt it, think he will get about the same amount that Harris was getting

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-signing-rb-leonard-fournette

Fournette has previously stated how important it is to play for a Super Bowl contender.

“Winning is everything,” Fournette said in an interview with the Tampa Bay Times. “That’s all. And in my last three years here, that’s all we’ve done. But since my guy (Brady) left — that’s why I came — so my time here was up.”

Fournette began last season as the RB1 in Tampa Bay's offense, as it was once again Super Bowl-or-bust for Tom Brady and Co. But the Bucs managed to finish with the league's worst rushing offense by a mile, averaging the fewest rushing yards per game (76.9), scoring the fewest rushing touchdowns (five) and fewest average yards per carry (3.4).

He was supposed to be starter for Bucs last year but only started 9 games being replaced by Rachaad White who is starter for Bucs this year.

Could his effort be part of reason no Superbowl last year?

Hope he is activated for 3 games not on put on 53 immediately.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-signing-rb-leonard-fournette

He was supposed to be starter for Bucs last year but only started 9 games being replaced by Rachaad White who is starter for Bucs this year.

Could his effort be part of reason no Superbowl last year?

Hope he is activated for 3 games not on put on 53 immediately.

the Bucs OL was worse than ours 

It makes sense to me.  It's not just the fact that Damien Harris is hurt.  It's the fact that he tends to get hurt.  I was looking at the running back combine results and was impressed that Fournette ran a 4.51 at 240 lbs.  I think he played lighter than that in recent years and might be a bit faster.  There are a number of running backs from that draft class who are still productive in the league.  Why not Fournette?

• Like (+1) 1

This guy can be a real difference maker for us in power running, pass protection and pass catching out of the backfield. I think you make him active right away, he should have fresh legs. Also he’s younger than I thought he was. Big upgrade from Murray and if you don’t trust Cook in pass protection then this guy can help a lot. I really like this move I hope we use him. I hope he plays against the Bengals. That’s a team that pushed us around physically…this dude is physical.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m wondering if this is the bills game plan rather than giving up draft picks don’t require any compensation

in all seriousness I’d call Gronk to see if he has any interest / is in shape.

reasonable chance we sign Suh by tomorrow

adding 2 or 3(unlikely) players with SB rings should be a strong message in the locker room

bring in Jaylon Johnson or Chase Young via trade and that’s quite something

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.