Week 8 - Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a Bills thread please)

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

True but even in bad years you want your team to win.. weird, I know they are better off losing out but I don’t want that.. 

Yeah there are no guarantees with draft picks.    

Some teams excel and quickly turn things around with very high picks.......like Cinci recently.........but more teams get that bad and then stay bad for a long time.

The Bills particular turnaround had almost nothing at all to do with high draft picks earned by losing.    They had basically nothing to show for 16 years of drafting in the low teens in round 1 most years when they finally made the playoffs in 2017.    And they have only been originally slotted inside the top 20 once since McDermott got here(8th Ed Oliver 2019).

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Niners defense looks like ours trying to get a stop

Early in this season I envisioned a 9ers Bills SB and I was glad.

But now?  Who wants to see a game where 300 points are scored, everyone gets injured and it ends in a tie?  (Of course I am aware that it cannot but it would be so on brand.)

I've been busy all day, finally got around to checking box scores.

The funniest thing I've seen all day is the Giants passing stats.

6/14 for -9 yards?! 🤣 I know Tyrod Taylor got injured, but that's definitely remincisent of a Tyrod-lead offense... At least people are now seeing the Jets & Giants, as bad as they can be, are tough defensively. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.