Week 8 - Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a Bills thread please)

aristocrat

Just now, Roundybout said:

Don’t insult Purdy like that 

It's reality.

He's got a rag arm. He shrimps up and springs his whole body to put heat on the ball. He has nice touch and can easily find and make the easy throws. He's got the best situation of any QB in the NFL.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Am I the only one who wonders how much of Wilson’s “moon ball” success was actually due to Metcalf?

Not even Metcalf.  He had guys in Seattle too.  It was always "throw the ball up at 80 degrees and hope it drops into the WR hands".

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I agree Purdy is average at best but that INT was more just an incredible job by Pratt than anything Purdy did.

Yeah that play was one of Purdy's rarer questionable mental errors.

I like Purdy and he's a good story and seems like a good kid. But Purdy is to the NFL what Mac Jones was to college football at Alabama.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Meh. I think the chance of Pratt getting his arm to the ball and then also picking it off are pretty small. I won't fault a QB for trying to make a play even if the result was bad.

Purdy panicked.   He has played enough football to know that any completed pass would be called back due to illegal man downfield that late in a run play.    Shanahan looked pretty disgusted with him.  I don't think he'd share your opinion.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.