Dalton Kincaid will be the best TE in the NFL within the next three years....

Special K

37 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Why can't we just say "Dalton Kincaid looks great and has huge potential" ....

Dalton Kincaid looks great and has huge potential......................

which means he could be the best TE in the league within the next three years.

Would you like me to change the thread title from "will be" to "could be" so as not to be too hyperbolic??

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

IMO it would be a pretty reasonable prediction if you change "best" to top 3 or 4. 

You don’t think it’s reasonable?  There’s one Kelce and, imo, he won’t be the same guy in 3 years, while Kincaid will be much better than he is now.  Andrew’s could be the best at age 31…..then again, there’s a reasonable chance (imo) that Kincaid surpasses him by then.  Hockenson, Laporta, Bowers. Maybe one of those guys beats him out, but maybe not.  

He’s looked dam good and will only get better. That sideline catch he made last night was top tier.   

I’d agree that it’s not “likely” that he’s becomes the best due to the sheer numbers of other TEs and their chances to improve.  It’s most definitely reasonable imo. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

You don’t think it’s reasonable?  There’s one Kelce and, imo, he won’t be the same guy in 3 years, while Kincaid will be much better than he is know.  Andrew’s could be the best at age 31…..then again, there’s a reasonable chance (imo) that Kincaid surpasses him by then.  Hockenson, Laporta, Bowers. Maybe one of those guys beats him out, but maybe not.  

He’s looked dam good and will only get better. That sideline catch he made last night was top tier.   

I’d agree that it’s not “likely” that he’s becomes the best due to the sheer numbers of other TEs and their chances to improve.  It’s most definitely reasonable imo. 

He also is unlikely to get the targets that the other TE's get, at least not if we are running the same type of offense.

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He also is unlikely to get the targets that the other TE's get, at least not if we are running the same type of offense.

I don’t agree with that.  

The other TEs don’t have Josh Allen.  Diggs will be 32 and possibly still a star, but Kelce was the best TE in the league playing alongside Tyreek.  Andrew’s has Lamar-  hock has who?  Laporta has…….and likely won’t have Ben Johnson.  We dunno where bowers is.  

the last 2 best tight ends in the league belonged to the best 2 QB in the league.  Josh is at least close

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Best TE in the game is an over reaction sure…

Although I think it’s ok to be optimistic with what we might have here…

His development might just end up being the best thing to come out of this season..

Bean gets criticism on here for his drafts.  I think this last one was quite good.  3 starters from the first 3 picks is excellent. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Simon said:

You can see the progression of Allen starting to trust him more and more in tougher situations.

Those two are going to be a real problem for people going forward.

One thing I thought was positive is McDermott actually referred to Kincaid as a "good TE" and said "he's done a good job"  (damned near unheard of for McDermott to issue that much praise towards a rookie player, it's usually "he's done some good things, and other things I'm sure he'd like back"):

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/frito-lay-crunchtime-play-dalton-kincaid-touchdown

about 45 seconds in

"He's done a good job, and when you watch the rappore of a good TE with a QB, it only grows over the years, and the more they play together the better it should get"

I could be mistaken, but I can't remember ever hearing McDermott say that kind of thing about Dawson Knox?

• 2 weeks later...

Another strong game for Kincaid.....really became the focal point of the offense in this one. So much so that the Bengals had to stop doubling Diggs which led to his TD grab.

10 catches.....is that the most receptions by a TE in one game in Bills history??

I don’t blame him for the fumble, even though it was a real killer turnover. Not sure what he is supposed to do when he is upside down in mid air and the defender delivers a perfect punch out. Just have to tip your hat to the defender on that play.

Kincaid is becoming a true threat only 8 games into his rookie season....this development should make things easier for Allen and Diggs in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Special K said:

Another strong game for Kincaid.....really became the focal point of the offense in this one. So much so that the Bengals had to stop doubling Diggs which led to his TD grab.

10 catches.....is that the most receptions by a TE in one game in Bills history??

I don’t blame him for the fumble, even though it was a real killer turnover. Not sure what he is supposed to do when he is upside down in mid air and the defender delivers a perfect punch out. Just have to tip your hat to the defender on that play.

Kincaid is becoming a true threat only 8 games into his rookie season....this development should make things easier for Allen and Diggs in the future.

If that is your O you are a 6-8 win team. 

I will add 90% of his catches are check downs. Anyone can catch those balls in reality. The random CIN TE’s all had more legit plays. Not saying this to put Kincaid down just that’s overly hyping it to given the plays he is making. We have seen very few downfield catches, catches in the seem, cross routes. They are using him more like a fb at this point. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I will add 90% of his catches are check downs. Anyone can catch those balls in reality. The random CIN TE’s all had more legit plays. Not saying this to put Kincaid down just that’s overly hyping it to given the plays he is making. We have seen very few downfield catches, catches in the seem, cross routes. They are using him more like a fb at this point. 

yes anyone COULD catch those balls, but very few Bills actually DID reliably over the past 25 years or so.

58 minutes ago, Special K said:

Not sure what he is supposed to do when he is upside down in mid air

Not get himself upside down in mid air :devil:

That was a mistake from a young overeager player; he seems smart enough to not keep repeating it.

On 10/27/2023 at 4:37 PM, Fan in Chicago said:

Did anyone mention yet what a sweet smile he has?

(I am a guy yet freely state that)

I think it would look better missing a few teeth that produced a more natural snarl.

Teef?

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, ngbills said:

691ccb70-497b-4687-b277-b91644b8861a_344

Most catches by a TE in a season in Bills history is 68 by Pete Metzelaars.

Kincaid has 40 catches in 8 games....he could easily break that record this year.

I couldn't find most catches by a TE in a game in Bills history, but I've got to think that Kincaid's 10 has to be the new record.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Most catches by a TE in a season in Bills history is 68 by Pete Metzelaars.

Kincaid has 40 catches in 8 games....he could easily break that record this year.

I couldn't find most catches by a TE in a game in Bills history, but I've got to think that Kincaid's 10 has to be the new record.

Surely Chandler came close. There was periods where he was all Fitz seemed to target if it wasn’t Stevie. 

Just now, Gunsgoodtime said:

Wait until Knox gets back and Kincaid gers benched for Knox 🤣

If that happens then the consensus of firing the coaching staff needs to indeed take place. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Have you ever watched Dawson Knox try to catch a football?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Surely Chandler came close. There was periods where he was all Fitz seemed to target if it wasn’t Stevie. 

If that happens then the consensus of firing the coaching staff needs to indeed take place. 

Billboards, pitch forks, gasoline, the whole 9 yards 🤣

• 4 weeks later...

Kincaid extends his franchise record for consecutive games with 5+ receptions by a TE to 6 games!!

Dalton Kincaid (5 rec., 38 yds. today at #Eagles) is now only #Bills TE ever with 5+ rec. in 6 straight gms; the previous club record streak by TE was 3 gms by Charles Clay in games 4-6, 2016

Edited by Special K

On 10/27/2023 at 12:11 AM, Special K said:

Kelce is 33 years old....his body is beginning to break down as he has been injured multiple times already this year.

Kincaid is a WR in the body of a TE, catches everything thrown his way, and has one of the best QB’s in the league throwing him the ball.

The Bills have the next Travis Kelce on their roster!!

Go Bills!!

I recall reading this here regarding Dawson Knox.

The difference is Kincaid has a shot at pulling it off.

On 10/27/2023 at 12:11 AM, Special K said:

Kelce is 33 years old....his body is beginning to break down as he has been injured multiple times already this year.

Kincaid is a WR in the body of a TE, catches everything thrown his way, and has one of the best QB’s in the league throwing him the ball.

The Bills have the next Travis Kelce on their roster!!

Go Bills!!

what team will he be on then since we are blowing it up? 

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.