Falcons cut Eli Ankou: OFFICIAL Signed to Bills PS

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yup. More than likely he'll head to PS take a week or so to catch up to what the Bills have implemented since he's been gone. Then he'll see some call ups. 

By then either through injury or outplaying someone else (Ford) IMO he'll end the season on the 53.

He’s coming to the 53 immediately and playing Thursday. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

he's not good enough for the Falcons, but sure sign him up. CHAMPIONSHIP!

Yeah, I want to know why we were not all over that Falcons PS player that beat him out for the roster spot?

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Yeah, I want to know why were not all over that Falcons PS player that beat him out for the roster spot?

Simple and for the same reason why we re-signed Josh Norman this year and brought back Dean Marlowe and AJ Klein when we needed help last year.

Sean McDermott views his Defense so complex that there is no chance a Defensive player can come in midseason and get his Defense down quickly.

He's only ever interested in players who have played his scheme and has experience with his playbook in the past.

This is why I'd be surprised to see us make any moves on Defense, save for Ankou or someone like Levi Wallace. And if we do, it will be weeks if not months before they get in any substantial reps.

Hell, he didn't even trust a Running Back (Nyheim Hines), the easiest position to transition in Football for months after acquiring him. It's why we passed on Leonard Fournette over promoting Ty Johnson.

It's one of the most frustrating aspects of McDermott as a coach. I understand experience and time with the playbook is important. But he's WAY too conscious and conservative over it. He'll value someone with a 1/4 of the talent with playbook knowledge over a new player.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He does play 1T. And he flashed some last year. He may be a small get, but he upgrades Poona Ford IMO. And in the event of another injury he already knows the system and can step right in. 

IMO a solid bottom of the roster addition.

Last year? He did not play a snap...

Eli Ankou,Josh  Norman, Ty Johnson are the players we didn’t want anymore. Why, at a time when this team is in turmoil and searching for answers, do we bring them back. Beane only wants to dumpster dive for street guys who have been passed over by other teams. Beane has had some nice drafts and some expensive FA signings, but if we’re depending  on him bringing in someone to give us an infusion of positive energy, I can’t see it. He’s not a wartime consigliere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Ankou’s release from the bottom of the Falcons’ roster being celebrated by an entire fan message board is without a doubt the greatest thing that has happened in his career and he likely doesn’t even know about it.

His Twitter post just got 200k views … doubt that has happened to him before 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Eli Ankou,Josh  Norman, Ty Johnson are the players we didn’t want anymore. Why, at a time when this team is in turmoil and searching for answers, do we bring them back. Beane only wants to dumpster dive for street guys who have been passed over by other teams. Beane has had some nice drafts and some expensive FA signings, but if we’re depending  on him bringing in someone to give us an infusion of positive energy, I can’t see it. He’s not a wartime consigliere.

Based on what?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sign him. Cut Poona Ford. Cut his ass right ***** now. Cut Settle while you are at it. And that tub of glue Beane seems obsessed with because he had one good season four years ago. Cut all ***** three. They were the biggest bag of useless I have ever seen on a football field on Sunday. And I watched Adolphus Washington try and play defensive tackle. Then ask Brandon Beane how many cap dollars he wasted on the three of them. Should be an interesting answer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Sign him. Cut Poona Ford. Cut his ass right ***** now. Cut Settle while you are at it. And that tub of glue Beane seems obsessed with because he had one good season four years ago. Cut all ***** three. They were the biggest bag of useless I have ever seen on a football field on Sunday. And I watched Adolphus Washington try and play defensive tackle. Then ask Brandon Beane how many cap dollars he wasted on the three of them. Should be an interesting answer. 

Holy Cow GB. Tell us how you really feel!🤣

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Based on what?

Based on the fact that Beane has traded once in the Josh Allen era at the trade deadline.(Zach Moss and a 5th rounder for Nyhiem Hines). Hines was a good return but hardly got touches. We have been decimated on the defensive side by injuries, not to mention we have zero return game. History tells us Beane will wait until the off-season to do anything to improve the team. He has a bloated cap and he’s conservative with trading draft capital.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Based on the fact that Beane has traded once in the Josh Allen era at the trade deadline.(Zach Moss and a 5th rounder for Nyhiem Hines). Hines was a good return but hardly got touches. We have been decimated on the defensive side by injuries, not to mention we have zero return game. History tells us Beane will wait until the off-season to do anything to improve the team. He has a bloated cap and he’s conservative with trading draft capital.

Essentially instead of doing what other teams did to get better and win a Super Bowl, he's sitting on his hands frittering away our Super Bowl window. Ignoring the stupid calls for Henry and Adams, there are opportunities for the Bills to get a player that will help that's not some recycled player we've had here before or connected to the Panthers somehow. Can't we pursue Sartain??? He's worth a first round pick and something creative for us.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I feel this is how your cat felt when you were watching film screaming at our DT's all week.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

38 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

That wasn't what I was asking.  I was asking why you think they didn't want Ankou (or even Ty Johnson), who was on the PS?

6 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Essentially instead of doing what other teams did to get better and win a Super Bowl, he's sitting on his hands frittering away our Super Bowl window. Ignoring the stupid calls for Henry and Adams, there are opportunities for the Bills to get a player that will help that's not some recycled player we've had here before or connected to the Panthers somehow. Can't we pursue Sartain??? He's worth a first round pick and something creative for us.

His problem is he made some expensive FA signings that gave no wiggle room to improve after injuries or underachieving starters. Every team knows he’s diminished and they’re looking for draft capital and he’s got enough job security from the Pegulas, who are giddy about getting the new stadium, that if they miss the playoffs one year, big deal. I’m not optimistic with our schedule and Sean’s defense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Ankou returns. Signed to PS.
17 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

His problem is he made some expensive FA signings that gave no wiggle room to improve after injuries or underachieving starters. Every team knows he’s diminished and they’re looking for draft capital and he’s got enough job security from the Pegulas, who are giddy about getting the new stadium, that if they miss the playoffs one year, big deal. I’m not optimistic with our schedule and Sean’s defense.

Me neither... and as I just told my wife, we had better blow the doors off of Tampa, because if it is close or we lose, they may not have a choice to sit on their hands. The Bills MUST win either the Bengals or Eagles game now, because if they lose both the Bills we know will cease to exist after this season.

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Me neither... and as I just told my wife, we had better blow the doors off of Tampa, because if it is close or we lose, they may not have a choice to sit on their hands. The Bills MUST win either the Bengals or Eagles game now, because if they lose both the Bills we know will cease to exist after this season.

I could see them figuring out the offense to score enough but after watching Mac Jones come down the field to stick it in our ear at the end after we took a lead, can you feel confident we can stop a Cinn or Philly? Maybe Sean can surprise us.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I could see them figuring out the offense to score enough but after watching Mac Jones come down the field to stick it in our ear at the end after we took a lead, can you feel confident we can stop a Cinn or Philly? Maybe Sean can surprise us.

My theory is that the defense is wearing down because the offense isn't giving them a reason to get excited... the offense faltering against poor teams can be demoralizing, much like benching players in the middle of games. Those two things are really messing with our defense, and if Von doesn't come back to form then it's inevitable a major shake-up is in the cards.

• Like (+1) 1

• BuffaloBillyG changed the title to Falcons cut Eli Ankou: OFFICIAL Signed to Bills PS
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.