Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, RG Murdock said:

Does the rest of season really matter at this point? Bills are no better than the 10th best team in the AFC. Am I wrong? How do the Bills crack the top 5 and make the playoffs?

Chiefs

Dolphins

Ravens

Jags

Bengal's

Jets

Chargers

Steelers

Browns

Bills

Dolphins, jets, chargers and Steelers shouldn't be above the bills but maybe the Texans and colts should be

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This one is on the Defense which is mangled but still against that team still should have done better than stopping them a few times or holding them to FGs and then TDs. Offense could have been better obviously but they moved the ball most of the day struggled to punch it into the endzone in the 1st half, which I'm betting is something NE might still be good at, turned it on at the end.

Bright side for me was the Offense did look more consistent at times when the O-line could keep it's ***** together, they spread the ball around and got everyone involved.

I chuckled when you said “bright side” 😂

22 minutes ago, Dr Divit said:

McD has lost the locker room.  Riggs called him out in training camp.   Teams take on the personality’ of their head coach.   

He cannot ride the coattails of superior talent.  

Riggs may have called him out but what did Murtaugh say? I’m guessing “I’m too old for this s*it”

Edited by JDubya76
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You are now in QB purgatory like we were for 18 years. It’s a horrible place to be when your picking at 12-17 every year.

Why I figure get the best OT available let’s build the Oline up and maybe get lucky with a 2nd round QB like McCarthy. 

Just now, Koufax said:

Okay, I'm not blaming the Ineligible Man Downfield, because we should focus on Dorsey, and not stopping Mac Jones despite the irrelevant action of the the center on the penalty play. I wouldn't even worry too much if they didn't throw a flag since it would feel like begging and it didn't influence the play.

But they did throw a flag, so why did they call it off?  Center is across the 31 prior to release, ball was snapped inside the 30. Any rules guys know if there is some technicality that I'm not aware of? Or was this a mistake by the official to call off the flag that was thrown? They never went to any rules official discussion on the telecast as the Pats were in hurry up, but it woudl have been nice had this been enforced.

ineligible.thumb.jpg.90798f2c05a7c2268162162b4d985b6b.jpg

The ref who Belichick had been blistering the whole 4th QTR, decided to pick it up even as you can see him on the 25 yard line, and Andrews over it by 1.5 yards.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

The most annoying thing is the offense suddenly clicked into gear with fast, no huddle play in the fourth. Where was that for the rest of the game?

Is the offense being neutered to try and protect the defense? The best thing to do at the moment, if so, is to try and win shootouts.

Who and what changes in fourth quarter play calling? Something changes because it's a dramatic turnaround for three straight games 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You can not like the penalty, as in the rule, but you're just not allowed to hit QBs high like that.

Yes soft call on first one. But please Pats get multiple calls.. PI on TJ when we sacked Jones at the 40 bs.. then pick up the line downfield. CDavis all good with every bad call vs Bills and complains on every pats call. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Why I figure get the best OT available let’s build the Oline up and maybe get lucky with a 2nd round QB like McCarthy. 

I usually like your posting here, but read the room. We just lost a tough game. I don't know if many fans here are interested in learning how the Pats can be consistently good.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, RG Murdock said:

Does the rest of season really matter at this point? Bills are no better than the 10th best team in the AFC. Am I wrong? How do the Bills crack the top 5 and make the playoffs?

We've got ten games to go.  Lots can... and will... happen.  I don't see how we're thinking our team is worse than the Jags, Jets, Chargers, Steelers, and Browns.  Even the Bengals have been ordinary this year.  I don't see Baltimore and Miami has unbeatable, however good they are.  Kansas City is the team to beat, but there's still a lot of room to make the playoffs.  I just hope we're playing our best ball of the year in the second half.  Our offense will have to carry the load, and I understand we haven't had much to get too excited about lately.  I believe it will get better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The most annoying thing is the offense suddenly clicked into gear with fast, no huddle play in the fourth. Where was that for the rest of the game?

Is the offense being neutered to try and protect the defense? The best thing to do at the moment, if so, is to try and win shootouts.

I'm in favor of letting Josh call plays at this point.  Can it be any worse than it is right now?  Josh knows this offense just as good as Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Fire Dorsey trending on Twitter.  

I don't think that's the answer right now, but something has to be done. This offense sleep walking through 3 quarters week after week isn't going to cut it.

From McD’s perspective, it was already a big leap relieving Frazier and assuming play calling duties. If that didn’t work, then it’s McDs head. 

by relieving Dorsey, he’s essentially acknowledging that the team isn’t right and making his own seat even hotter. It’s a catch 22

He needs to see what Brady can do for us because this teams performance is absolutely brutal 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The ref who Belichick had been blistering the whole 4th QTR, decided to pick it up even as you can see him on the 25 yard line, and Andrews over it by 1.5 yards.

They need superhuman effort to overcome easily predictable play calls but the O-Line sucked today and the defense is missing too many starters.  

1 minute ago, chongli said:

That filthy animal is gleefully posting away on twitter:

Says he’s a Bills fan but got kicked out of site. You don’t get kicked out for saying Bills win be 7-10. Guessing he was being not cool. As a “Bills fan” he’s celebrating their loss. Hey good for him I guess. Seems like an odd way to gloat about his prediction. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Dolphins, jets, chargers and Steelers shouldn't be above the bills but maybe the Texans and colts should be

The Dolphins are about to win this division barring a complete collapse.  As bad as the other teams are playing, despite their record, the Dolphins are legit SB contenders this year.

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We had to run some shotgun draws. Those calls have been the bees knees. 

Just now, BananaB said:

After the Poyer fumble my first thought was, ***** the Bills are gonna score and give Mac Jones too much time to run them down the field.  Sure enough it happened. Team is ***** soft. 

If the opponent was great I feel you. But how about our DC possibly consider a screen is coming from a team that screens all the time. Bad coaching and the loss of DT Jones has been devastating!!! 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I usually like your posting here, but read the room. We just lost a tough game. I don't know if many fans here are interested in learning how the Pats can be consistently good.

The Bills be fine! And consistently good? I’d take not being consistently sloppy.. 

Bills D looks lost in this game IMO. The Pats more than doubled their points per game average this year ( 13 points a game average). I don’t see that happening again.  Like I said the Bills be freaking fine.. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm in favor of letting Josh call plays at this point.  Can it be any worse than it is right now?  Josh knows this offense just as good as Dorsey.

I'd be for this to an extent. I mean if Josh called all the plays, we'd never see a running back ever again. Which maybe wouldn't be terrible. Not like our run game is exactly doing a whole lot 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Says he’s a Bills fan but got kicked out of site. You don’t get kicked out for saying Bills win be 7-10. Guessing he was being not cool. As a “Bills fan” he’s celebrating their loss. Hey good for him I guess. Seems like an odd way to gloat about his prediction. 

I'm not celebrating too, but these losses are not the worst thing.

Highlights how deficient we are, especially from a coaching standpoint.

Reality is that nothing changes.

Edited by OZBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.