Harris to IR

Dablitzkrieg

I love Harris. I was surprised we weren't utilizing him more, but Cook & Murray have both been really good.  Still, Harris is great depth..

Hopefully he's back after the 4 weeks and fully healthy.

Is there a limit to the # of players that can go on the more temporary IR designation?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I love Harris. I was surprised we weren't utilizing him more, but Cook & Murray have both been really good.  Still, Harris is great depth..

Is there a limit to the # of players that can go on the more temporary IR designation?

Murray should get even more carries and targets in the passing game. He's massive and has good acceleration through the hole 

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Success said:

IIRC, I believe it's up to 8 can be designated to return a season. 

I'm a big Harris fan, however his biggest knock has always been his durability. He's missed a bit of time in his career. He's got this now and had the injury in TC as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

management understands the regular season is our 'preseason'

if we need to sit some vets against lower tier teams and tough out a few wins it is worth it vs burning everyone out for 4 months and not be as healthy as possible in Jan/Feb.

I doubt we see Von for more than 10-15 plays/game until late November/December and any minor injury might get someone sat to not aggravate it- see Rousseau last week and  big Ed this weekend.

give the taxi squad some reps and keep everyone healthy like LeBron or Giannis  sitting away against the Pelicans or some other crap team.

53 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Murray should get even more carries and targets in the passing game. He's massive and has good acceleration through the hole 

He's 33 and I think they're trying to pace him so he's available for the entire season.

• Agree 1

NFL teams can designate up to eight players to return from IR during the season, and an individual player can be so designated twice.

When a player is cleared to practice, it activates a 21-day window during which the player must be activated to the 53-man roster or be placed on season-ending injured reserve at the conclusion of that three-week period.

53 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I was a lit.tle surprised we didn’t even workout Fournette.  Not that he’s a world beater, but he may fit a role.  I don’t know enough about Ty Johnson

I heard Fournette was going to come in for a visit.  He did not.  If I am guessing, as Ty Johnson was on our practice squad, and we were going to bring Fournette in for a visit.  Maybe another team was looking at moving Ty Johnson to their 53 and he chose to be elevated to the Bills 53 (maybe for less money?).  So, we didn't bring in Fournette.

Regardless, I would think/guess Fournette would come in for a visit next week or soon.

This is all my personal speculation, fyi.

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Concussion and neck sprain? Hopefully nothing that requires surgery, just rest and PT. 

I rolled a pickup truck many years ago and ended up with a concussion and neck sprain.  It takes at least several weeks to heal the neck.  Of course, Harris is a very fit 20-something.  I was a nearly forty year old softee.

Edited by SoTier

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

from practice squad

But he was still a member of the Giants as of this morning. He wasn't signed to another team's 53-man roster, so the Giants released him. He actually requested to be released and the Giants honored his request.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.