Giants @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

If we make the playoffs. We play a lot better teams than the jags and Giants coming up.   

The Jags are pretty disrespected and off the radar charts. That team is very good, has a solid offense, good QB, playoff experience, and an excellent coach. 

Come playoff time, the Jags will be formidable. 

22 minutes ago, Dopey said:

That was a 💩 throw by Josh, but hey, it’s Josh. All forgiven. 🙄

An NFL tight end who has the ball hit him in his hands needs to make that catch. If you can’t admit that, that’s on you. 

Edited by Hsker4life
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Just tired of overall nabobs of negativisms for the Bills... the book is out on the offense... are there issues with adjustments sure... teams with de

cent pass rushing D lines play zone and clamp down down on the pass... Dorsey needs to find better solutions... running up the middle as boring as it is... was working.  Bills could use a back out of the backfield that can catch and run but with some of these hybrid linebackers even that may be tough.. overloading a zone... more screens... find a couple things that work and keep doing it til D wears down... adjustments are the name of the game and it looks like the Bills are working on figuring it out... til then it may be ugly but ill take the win and move on.

I suggest you read your post because it has negativity and criticism expressed throughout it. Does that make you a "nabob?" 

I mean all Bills fans are happy with the win. Hoping for the best. There will always be varying degrees of optimism and pessimism. That's not a bad thing. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I suggest you read your post because it has negativity and criticism expressed throughout it. Does that make you a "nabob?" 

I mean all Bills fans are happy with the win. Hoping for the best. There will always be varying degrees of optimism and pessimism. That's not a bad thing. 

Fair enough if you admit your lack of specificity and overall belief toward the team that it is declining is over the top.

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

They are professionals, it did not affect their performance unlike what you and other posters are saying. 

let’s give credit to the other side for once, they did a good job shutting the offense down. 

the Hamlin excuse has been used way too much, every time this team has a poor performance since in fact 

I haven't seen that. & again, this was different because he wasn't moving.  Not an excuse for play, just a fact that to some degree it's going to mentally impact players 

That was so tough to watch but let’s remember that if there is anyone in this world that knows Josh and “Dorsey” offense it is Daboll. Hell, a lot of team played here too.  Doesn’t say much to our coaching but this was a huge game for Giants and we escaped with a W.  Need to get two more before the real part of schedule starts. Go Bills. 

20 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

An NFL tight end who has the ball hit him in his hands needs to make that catch. If you can’t admit that, that’s on you. 

The "Best" QB in the league makes that throw. That was a crap throw. At least admit that part. If you can't, that's on you.

35 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Was it tho... yes it was low but it hit recievers hands. I feel of the ball was any higher it would have been batted by the defender in front of Josh

yes it was, tho. a crap throw.

The only way I'm justifying what I watched last night is that Daboll, desperate to notch a W, put together a great gameplan to stop the Bills offense, because he knows Dorsey, he knows Allen and he knows this offense. If anyone can scheme a couple of wrinkles in to give the Bills a hard time it would probably be Daboll.

Really weird week in the NFL, Eagles lost, 49ers lost, lots of funky low scoring games everywhere. Figures we'd get sucked into that nonsense too. At least we got the W.

• Agree 2

People are delusional if they think this version of the Bills will just roll over New England and Tampa.  Especially if Allen's shoulder is tweaked.  I think the Bills should switch to an offensive identity of smash mouth running, under center, with some quick efficient passing mixed in, some play action.  

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

complete BS

Cincy comes in here wipes us out and every one was talking about Hamlin and "the long year mentally" yourself included

I thought you meant this season

& frankly, it's just a bit different being in the stands compared to being on the field seeing your teammate need CPR to bring him back to life

Edited by Warriorspikes51

21 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Haven’t seen anybody talk about the punting in this game. Were Martin’s punts into the wind and/or did he have any short field punts? He averaged only 42.3 yards for 3 punts while the Giants guy averaged 50.5 for 4 punts. Time to call the Punt God? 🤔😂

We had a few short fields for punts

• Like (+1) 1

IMHO, that gameplan from Martindale was eerily familiar from the Bengals playoff game where Allen seemed under duress the entire the game.  

To ME, just while watching, it appeared Allen is having trouble setting the protections properly because there are often enough guys to block the defenders, but guys are getting free almost immediately, which seems like it's because they aren't blocking the right people.  Not sure if anyone else can comment on this who might know more, but this it looked very similar to the Bengal playoff game last night where he was confused and under pressure a LOT right from the start of the play, and to me, that can only mean his protections are not set up properly to block right.

Positive sign was that he seemed to figure it out at the half because his numbers coming out of halftime were much better.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

The team was traumatized after Harris went out in an ambulance. It triggered the Hamlin incident in their minds. They were unable to focus on football due to PTSD. 

Not sure why no one isn't talking about this. 

I get 3TSD every time I see highlights of the Vikings game last year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BernieBill said:

It was a disgusting performance from the Bills in a primetime game ... Sean McDermott is a disaster, the Bills offense under his watch is an inconsistent mess ... it's embarrassing to barely beat an already bad and severely injured New York Giants team, to score 14 points.  But "Glory to God," right Sean?

To me it looks like serving God has done just fine for McDermott.   

• Eyeroll 1

The team was traumatized after Harris went out in an ambulance. It triggered the Hamlin incident in their minds. They were unable to focus on football due to PTSD. 

I actually thought they bounced back far better and quicker than I expected. I was afraid they'd cash it in pretty quickly because it was really starting to feel like 2022 all over again last night. I give em credit for fighting through it. Barely.

But to your point, it should be discussed.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

People are delusional if they think this version of the Bills will just roll over New England and Tampa.  Especially if Allen's shoulder is tweaked.  I think the Bills should switch to an offensive identity of smash mouth running, under center, with some quick efficient passing mixed in, some play action.  

Who knows?  The NFL has been crazy this year.  I could see the Bills winning both games by several TD's each or losing one of those games and squeaking by in the other.  Three weeks ago if you had said that the Bills would beat Miami by 28 points and barely scrape by the Giants folks would have thought you to be nuts.

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

That was a 💩 throw by Josh, but hey, it’s Josh. All forgiven. 🙄

Actually that throw looked a lot like a lot of passes that I've seen caught in that same situation.  And if you watched more football you would agree.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Haven’t seen anybody talk about the punting in this game. Were Martin’s punts into the wind and/or did he have any short field punts? He averaged only 42.3 yards for 3 punts while the Giants guy averaged 50.5 for 4 punts. Time to call the Punt God? 🤔😂

You shouldn't be disliking posts when this is what you are worried about... just saying...

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yes.  As I said in my post teams now have a blueprint against Allen going forward.  The Giants flat suck and should have beat us. More talented teams will.

Dorsey needs to go NOW.

What blueprint?  Seriously in the NFL blueprints last about 1 game, maybe 2.  Next week or the week after NE & Tampa will roll out the "blueprint" and Allen will be hot and smoke them.

BTW, how did the blueprint work for the Giants on the Bills back to back TD drives in the 2nd half?  They were what 180 yards, over 16 minutes TOP and put the Bills in the lead late?

IMO it's to ate to fire Dorsey and as others have pointed out the results don't warrant him being fired.  Shoudl the 49's bench Purdy or the Eagles bench Hurts after their terrible games yesterday? What about those offensive coordinators? If AFTER the season the offense struggles and production drops way down then you part ways with Dorsey.  But right now when we're 4 - 2 and right in the mix of things?  No way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oh yeah?

Well it seems as if they lost their PTSD in the second half when they scored all their points and gave up 3 on defense.

After 5 games we fans continue to see mediocrity and under achieved football from the Bills. We continue to see poor coaching and play designs that under utilized players and or don't put players in the best positions to succeed. This has been a pretty steady theme under the McD era. When is enough enough? 

He has like a .650 W% how can you make an argument that he doesn’t put players in the best positions to succeed? I mean seriously, step back for a second and think. 

“Oh, it’s only Josh Allen.” Yeah, Josh is really ***** good.. but we were declared as trying to outsmart math by drafting him because of how raw and unlikely he was to succeed, and yes McDermott was a HUGE part of developing him. 

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

One NFL analyst recently said after the Miami win congratulated the Bills for being Super Bowl winners for the month of September. How true is that!  I didn't like the comment being a Bills fan. However, I really couldn't agree with the validity of the statement or its premise. 

Ok? As we slightly transition away from your comment of “the Bills don’t put players in a position to succeed in the McD era” this game is a nice point of reference. You know, the game where the team that is setting NFL offensive records was held to 20 points and lost by 48? 

If some talking head wants to declare us as winning the September Super Bowl, that’s fine? I’m sure it’s the same talking head that’s been anointing the Dolphins as the division winners for 2 years now.. the same Dolphins team that is 1-3 against Buffalo dating back to last year and 0-3 since their September Super Bowl.

But, but, but JGMcD2, the Dolphins played the Bills close in all of those games last year and ALMOST won with Skylar Thompson. Yeah, they also had a full offseason to make adjustments and close the gap and then lost by 28. 

17 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Who knows?  The NFL has been crazy this year.  I could see the Bills winning both games by several TD's each or losing one of those games and squeaking by in the other.  Three weeks ago if you had said that the Bills would beat Miami by 28 points and barely scrape by the Giants folks would have thought you to be nuts.

Actually that throw looked a lot like a lot of passes that I've seen caught in that same situation.  And if you watched more football you would agree.

Unless you're sitting on my lap during game time, you have no clue how much I watch. We can agree to disagree, but I don't think we do. You didn't say it was a good throw. It was crap. Knox could have caught that crap throw, but he didn't. Two things can be true at once. 

33 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

To me it looks like serving God has done just fine for McDermott.   

"God" is a man-made irrational belief ... McDermott's sermonizing and evangelism embarrasses the Bills organization, insults atheist Bills fans, and demonstrates McDermott to be a painfully ignorant human being, just more evidence he is ill-equipped intellectually to compete with the cream of the NFL coaching crop.  Last night's game was an abomination, means nothing that the Bills "won."  It was a disgraceful performance and that's on McDermott. 

• Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

is a win.

There were many games like this during the Kelly years.

Yes there were.  In fact there was a lot more then a lot of fans want to acknowledge.  Here's a couple:

In 1991, the Bills best offense of the Super Bowl years lost at NE 16 - 13. The Bills were 10 - 1 and the Pats 3 - 8 when that game was played. Kelly threw 4 INT's.

In 1992, the 5 - 2 Bills hosted the 0 - 7 Pats at Rich Stadium. At halftime the Bills were trailing 7 - 0 and Kelly had thrown 2 INT's.  The fans booed the Bills off the field.  I know this because I was at the game.  The Bills came back and won it 16 - 7.

In 1988, the 11 -2 Bills lost to the 3 - 10 TB Bucs at Tampa 10 - 5.  The Bills trailed 10 - 2 late in the 4th quarter.

A there are a lot more.

For those that appreciate the history of the Bills I highly recommend Sal Maiorana's Relentless. This book as every box score from 1960 through the 1993 season.

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Unless you're sitting on my lap during game time, you have no clue how much I watch. We can agree to disagree, but I don't think we do. You didn't say it was a good throw. It was crap. Knox could have caught that crap throw, but he didn't. Two things can be true at once. 

I'm just reacting to your comment which tells me you don't watch much football.  Sure, I wouldn't call it a "good throw" but it wasn't a "crap throw" either I would call it GOOD ENOUGH.

BTW, do you expect Allen to perfectly place the ball on every throw?  When I watch KC I see a lot of over thrown & under thrown Mahomes throws being caught regularly.  Kelsy alone has 3 - 4 per game.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.