Our next opponent….The NY Football Giants

Beast

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

You're just hoping for a ***** in the armor that his primetime game performance wasn't an aberration but something that could be recurring. Problem is we've seen him play great in primetime plenty of times.

Why would I hope for that? My Pats are absolute trash right now, and Phin fans are super annoying and them getting probably a 2 game lead in the division would be awful. And well is their anyone outside of NY that like the Jets? So trust me when I say I want Buffalo to win the division and make Miami and the Jets miss the playoffs completely. 

That said, I stand by my statement. Someone gets over hyped for any game can lead to silly and stupid mistakes on the field. If you look back I was commenting on the OP who said the coaches and Allen be super hyped up for the game. IMO Allen won’t be because it’s only the Giants. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

At worst it will result in a 3 and out on the Bills first two drives.  Beyond that I suspect that Allen and the offense are going to roll.

I can definitely agree with this. As I see it the only chance the Giants have is if the Bills O makes mistakes like it did against the Jets.  Before someone says it, yes the Jets D is better but the turnovers were unforced mistakes.

I think this game is going to be close. No I dont think there is any chance we lose, but I think its gonna be closer than this two touchdown spread (really hope I am wrong as I would love a blowout and me leaving my seats with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when Kyle Allen starts taking snaps).

Giants are desperate, will pull out all the stops.

Daboll homecoming, will pull out all the stops.

About the above, his players will be pulling out all the stops to help him get a win.

They are bad on offense no doubt, and pretty much on defense too, but they have played a very hard schedule so I don't think they are really 1-4 bad. 

We have new pieces acclimating on defense.

Injured player theory - when an important player for a team cant play, for the FIRST week the rest of the team rises up and plays better than they have, often resulting in a win (Daniel Jones out, TT in - theory is a gambling one purported by vegas capper Marco D'Angelo).

Im not nervous, but I think this will be a football game until the 4th quarter. Hope like hell I am wrong. Just how I'm feeling about this week.

Go Bills! 

Just now, BearNorth said:

Expecting a big game by Epenesa, Giants OL is severely depleted.  Do have to concentrate our run defense, esp if Barkley plays.  Brieda has elite speed, and we have had problems with that this year.  Tyrod's MO is game manager so expect that.

The Seahawks had 11 sacks when they played the Giants. The Bills D should feast on Sunday night.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Even if Tyrod is a better QB (hes not) than jones. The amount of things that would need to go wrong for the Bills are monumental for them to lose this game

We would basically have to hand them the game the way we did with the Jets.  Even still, the Jets are like 1.5 standard deviations better than the Giants.  We could probably give the Gints the ball on our 40 yard line 10 times and they'd come away with 9 points.

Edited by TheBrownBear

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why would I hope for that? My Pats are absolute trash right now, and Phin fans are super annoying and them getting probably a 2 game lead in the division would be awful. And well is their anyone outside of NY that like the Jets? So trust me when I say I want Buffalo to win the division and make Miami and the Jets miss the playoffs completely. 

That said, I stand by my statement. Someone gets over hyped for any game can lead to silly and stupid mistakes on the field. If you look back I was commenting on the OP who said the coaches and Allen be super hyped up for the game. IMO Allen won’t be because it’s only the Giants. 

Right just glossing over the fact that your team will have to get past him in the division for the foreseeable future, not just looking at one season that you've clearly already given up on.

My God...the Giants are without their best OLineman LT Andrew Thomas and their starting Center this game.

Tyrod might get killed behind that OLine.

22 minutes ago, Process said:

This is going to be a slaughter

Tyrod might not survive the first quarter. Their best bet would be to literally hand off to Barkley every play.

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

We would basically have to hand them the game the way we did with the Jets.  Even still, the Jets are like 1.5 standard deviations better than the Giants.  We could probably give the Gints the ball on our 40 yard line 10 times and they'd come away with 9 points.

This is basically the Bills versus a MAC team. We could likely play backups and win this game going away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Good opportunity to give some reps to young players like Elam and Dorian Williams. Get Kincaid more involved. We will need these players up to speed later in the season.

I see some Jamarcus Ingram in our future.  

Does anyone know what is happening with Von?  At first I was surprised to see him on the sideline with his baseball hat on during the Jags game, and feared that he aggravated his injury, but now I assume that he was on a pre-set snap count.  Has McDermott talked about this publicly at all, or given any indication when he will be a full go?

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Does anyone know what is happening with Von?  At first I was surprised to see him on the sideline with his baseball hat on during the Jags game, and feared that he aggravated his injury, but now I assume that he was on a pre-set snap count.  Has McDermott talked about this publicly at all, or given any indication when he will be a full go?

Sal mentioned yesterday on WGR that McD indicated (during a presser?) they did indeed have Von on a snap count.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Snap count, per Coach post-game.  Early injury to Kingsley, who returned/left a couple times, along with Jax sustaining long drives..Likely "used" Vons snaps earlier than desired.

Be interesting if Groot is still "limited" today.  If so, I could see them hold him out this game.  Since Vons snaps already limited.  Might not dress 2 "recovering/not full go" guys at same position.  Shaq will be back at least.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Nothing, he is on a snap count and I think after they saw how bad the turf was there, they weren't risking him anymore.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsUberAlles said:

My God...the Giants are without their best OLineman LT Andrew Thomas and their starting Center this game.

Tyrod might get killed behind that OLine.

Tyrod might not survive the first quarter. Their best bet would be to literally hand off to Barkley every play.

Does it somehow work out that their backup QB is taking snaps from their backup center, so they actually are well practiced in the exchange somehow.

On 10/10/2023 at 10:58 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

How old?

Why, you looking for a date…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.