Ian Rap: Milano has a fractured leg and most likely additional knee damage. Likely season ending

Roundybout

4 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I'm expecting to go home to a burning house this afternoon whilst spotting a bodybuilder stealing my sports car with my wife in the passenger seat.

Thankfully, the letter I received from the tax department remained intact.

Thanks for putting this into perspective, we all needed that. Necessary life skill when you’re a lifelong fan of the Buffalo Bills…🥵

4 minutes ago, julian said:

Luck is the most important factor for the 6-8 teams who realistically have a chance to win a title

Luck is the single most important factor for any team.  If the Chiefs are unlucky last year and Mahomes got injured, they don't win (or make it to) the Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, saundena said:

Luck is the single most important factor for any team.  If the Chiefs are unlucky last year and Mahomes got injured, they don't win (or make it to) the Superbowl.

I stated the 6-8 teams who could actually win a title because there’s 20 teams where no matter how much good luck they enjoy it won’t overcome the multitude of other issues keeping them from truly competing.

Luck is everything for the KC, Buff, CIN, PHI, SF and DAL of the world

55 minutes ago, saundena said:

I don't consider myself to be a chicken little but I do feel strongly that there are things we could have done to help ourselves.  For instance, the team should have arrived much earlier in the week. Whoever decided on a Friday arriveal (McD?)- it was a failure.  I'm also not a big Dorsey fan.  No rhythm or flow to the play calling whatsoever and he seems to double down on things that don't work 

A lot of problems were beyond our control (scheduling, Injuries, etc.).  Still, it doesn't change the fact that the sky indeed seems to be falling.  White, and now Jones and Milano will make it much harder for us to win the division (Jones and Milano were so important last week VS Miami) let alone make a deep playoff push.

Winning a SUPERBOWL takes luck and that is something we just don't seem to have the last two years.  It seems like the wheels came off this season before it even got rolling

I don't know how this year will end up, but I know the path to winning the Superbowl just got harder simply to to the awful luck we seem to have.  

So for me, the sky is falling and I don't event have to point to the errors and issues we caused ourselves.  We simply don't have luck and that is enough to keep us from the Lombardi once again.

No reason for you to watch. What will you do with your time?

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

BRUTAL!

I’m heartbroken for him and us! I hope we don’t leave him alone in an overseas hospital! 
I fear Matt, Tre, DaQuan and maybe even Von will never be the same again..😢

I’m not concerned about Vaughn. He was on a pitch count to begin with so be perfectly honest if I started seeing players going down like flies, I’d pull him to.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Geez what's your problem.  I never said I wasn't going to continue supporting my team.  I'm simply saying that is very gut

wrenching for me as a fan to watch as our season stands on the brink- a result of an awful degree of bad injury luck that nobody can do anything about.

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Fractured leg and knee injury? The knee ligaments are the big concern. If so that could be career ending for a guy who turns 30 next July. 

Fractures with ligament injury depending on fracture location, are very common occurrences. It is obviously the worst scenario as long as there was no vascular injury in addition. Had that been the case he would have been hospitalized immediately , and I don’t know, but he was most likely  admitted given the need for fracture stabilization and need to assess risk of travel etc, but that doesn’t imply vascular, Limb threatening injury from the start. Will know more prognostically once we know type of fracture and mri results. It wii certainly complicate recovery if ligament tears /meniscal damage is present. It appeared to be a twisting injury on the lone, very brief  view i saw and that raises the possibility of a twisting fibular fracture that could involve the knee commonly, and doesn’t mean there was a more extensive tibial / tibial plateau injury necessarily.  

When they said his entire lower leg was in an air cast, i immediately thought of the possibility of the smaller ,  fibular fracture being present because in cases of knee involvement alone , you don’t have to also air cast the ankle like you do with fibular fractures. But just speculating until formal reports are out. I think given the time frame , depending on joint involvement or ligament damage , the recovery could extend to delay him playing early next year , but if there is no vascular compromise , I don’t see why it would be career threatening.   On the other hand , this is unlikely , but IF it’s  solely a fracture with no ligament or meniscal damage, there could be a chance to return this year.  Unlikely but not impossible. The real risk with these traumas tho is vascular injury and hopefully that didn’t occur. Certainly is in a great place for medical care, so t’s amd p’s sent to him and his wife ,Ashlyn, who is a really sweet person. Terrible loss for a really good guy by all accounts.  Losing he and white in back to back weeks is approaching the emotional trauma surrounding Hamlins experience  last year; just hard to believe. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We played 50 minutes of miserable lame offense. That wasn't luck. That was bad coaching, bad decisions and terrible execution.  A jet lagged team that resorted to repeated uncharacteristic penalties to keep up. Our depleted and exhausted D got zero help from the offense with a OC who apparently thought a few more shotgun draw plays to Cook would do the trick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, saundena said:

Geez what's your problem.  I never said I wasn't going to continue supporting my team.  I'm simply saying that is very gut

wrenching for me as a fan to watch as our season stands on the brink- a result of an awful degree of bad injury luck that nobody can do anything about.

When we beat the Giants, all will be right with the world again

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

When we beat the Giants, all will be right with the world again

But there will always be that thought in the back of our minds, that even if we reel off a 6-7 game win streak after this, we are going to be in for a rude awakening when we are up against another top team with a lot of talent, and we lose mainly because we can no longer match their talent. 

And when this was a huge reason for our undoing last year, the fear feels very justified to many of us.

it just flat out sucks to lose a season with Super Bowl aspirations because of - literally - bad luck. 

There will be more “highs of highs” this season, sure, but even in those moments we will know deep down that the team is deficient in areas that will hurt us when it matters most. 

I think a big time trade is the only thing that can turn our outlook around in that sense and I hope we explore every avenue to bring in a stud CB/OLB

Just now, saundena said:

Yes when we beat one of the worst teams, all of our injury problems will suddenly vanish 

don’t worry there will soon be another team to B word about

Just now, BobBelcher said:

But there will always be that thought in the back of our minds, that even if we reel off a 6-7 game win streak after this, we are going to be in for a rude awakening when we are up against another top team with a lot of talent, and we lose mainly because we can no longer match their talent. 

And when this was a huge reason for our undoing last year, the fear feels very justified to many of us.

it just flat out sucks to lose a season with Super Bowl aspirations because of - literally - bad luck. 

There will be more “highs of highs” this season, sure, but even in those moments we will know deep down that the team is deficient in areas that will hurt us when it matters most. 

I think a big time trade is the only thing that can turn our outlook around in that sense and I hope we explore every avenue to bring in a stud CB/OLB

So why are the standards higher for our team then they are for say the Chiefs the Chiefs get to play ***** teams and win and their fans don’t complain

2 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

There’s not going to be a big time trade everything that’s going to be coming and playing on this team is going to happen in house

Dorien Williams is going to replace Milano

Corner replacements are going to come in the house

Poona Ford is going to come up or defensive tackle

Because that’s what good teams do they don’t panic

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

My very unpopular opinion is that we will be okay without Milano. I know he has been arguably our best player on defense this year. But WLB is not a premium position, in fact it is arguably the least important position on defense. You can get by with replacement level talent at the position.

I'm more concerned about Jones and Rousseau. Our front 4 has been excellent this year and they have been the best players in that group.

No chance I am going to say losing a WLB will be the thing that sinks our season like I see some other people saying. The other front 7 players need to keep making plays like they have been, and the offense needs to be a lot better than it was today.

Losing Milano sucks. The one thing that go me today was that at one point we were missing 6 starters on defense.

Tre

Jones

Groot

Milano

Ed

Taron

All those guys won’t be gone all year. But it felt so ominous. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

don’t worry there will soon be another team to B word about

So why are the standards higher for our team then they are for say the Chiefs the Chiefs get to play ***** teams and win and their fans don’t complain

Because when the Chiefs do play the other “good” teams when it matters most, they usually end up winning those games. 

But the Chiefs also have a lot of other things going for them. Like the fact that they get the calls in critical moments when they need them,  like their injuries being of the variety where the players end up returning later in the year and that they have one of the easiest schedules in the AFC (this season).  

We will probably be waiting another season for Mahomes to play his first EVER away playoff game (incredible)

34 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Fractures with ligament injury depending on fracture location, are very common occurrences. It is obviously the worst scenario as long as there was no vascular injury in addition. Had that been the case he would have been hospitalized immediately , and I don’t know, but he was most likely  admitted given the need for fracture stabilization and need to assess risk of travel etc, but that doesn’t imply vascular, Limb threatening injury from the start. Will know more prognostically once we know type of fracture and mri results. It wii certainly complicate recovery if ligament tears /meniscal damage is present. It appeared to be a twisting injury on the lone, very brief  view i saw and that raises the possibility of a twisting fibular fracture that could involve the knee commonly, and doesn’t mean there was a more extensive tibial / tibial plateau injury necessarily.  

When they said his entire lower leg was in an air cast, i immediately thought of the possibility of the smaller ,  fibular fracture being present because in cases of knee involvement alone , you don’t have to also air cast the ankle like you do with fibular fractures. But just speculating until formal reports are out. I think given the time frame , depending on joint involvement or ligament damage , the recovery could extend to delay him playing early next year , but if there is no vascular compromise , I don’t see why it would be career threatening.   On the other hand , this is unlikely , but IF it’s  solely a fracture with no ligament or meniscal damage, there could be a chance to return this year.  Unlikely but not impossible. The real risk with these traumas tho is vascular injury and hopefully that didn’t occur. Certainly is in a great place for medical care, so t’s amd p’s sent to him and his wife ,Ashlyn, who is a really sweet person. Terrible loss for a really good guy by all accounts.  Losing he and white in back to back weeks is approaching the emotional trauma surrounding Hamlins experience  last year; just hard to believe. 

Rumors are DaQuan has a possible torn pec.  TJ Watt tore his pec week 1 last year and was activated October 26th returned to practice and played his first game, November 11th.

Is it possible with Jones to get a mid December return?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Rumors are DaQuan has a possible torn pec.  TJ Watt tore his pec week 1 last year and was activated October 26th returned to practice and played his first game, November 11th.

Here's to hoping, compadre. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If the timeline lines up that'd be great, though people are different so who knows, and TJ Watt was grown in a lab.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

True.

But Didn’t his brother JJ watt tear his pec in September in that 2019 year and his first game back was the playoff game against the bills?

I’m not sure when JJ suffered that tear exactly though 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m not concerned about Vaughn. He was on a pitch count to begin with so be perfectly honest if I started seeing players going down like flies, I’d pull him to.

WhoTF is Vaughn?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

So Milano has to fly six hours home now with a fractured leg?!

Screw these London games…

Non stop flight Buffalo to LAX is ~5:30, 3 hour time change.  Non stop flight Buffalo to London Heathrow is ~6:50 5 hour time change. West to East for a 1:00 game has always been a problem for the west coast teams, London games are close to the same deal.  Would it make more sense to start the London games at 6:00 PM London time, which would be 1:00 PM East Coast time.

Just now, BearNorth said:

Non stop flight Buffalo to LAX is ~5:30, 3 hour time change.  Non stop flight Buffalo to London Heathrow is ~6:50 5 hour time change. West to East for a 1:00 game has always been a problem for the west coast teams, London games are close to the same deal.  Would it make more sense to start the London games at 6:00 PM London time, which would be 1:00 PM East Coast time.

Of course but then the NFL doesnt get to have games on from 9am to 11pm. That's the whole point. 💰💰💰

• Agree 3

Before the season I told a buddy of mine, the Bills will be a threat to win the SB as long as Josh, Diggs and Milano do not get hit with a season ending injury.  Well one down.  This hurts.  But again, this is a chance for someone else to step up and shine.  Someone will be filling Milano's position and will need to make plays. 

10 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

True.

But Didn’t his brother JJ watt tear his pec in September in that 2019 year and his first game back was the playoff game against the bills?

I’m not sure when JJ suffered that tear exactly though 

I just looked it up.

He tore his the last week of October...DaQuan is 3 weeks ahead.

Honestly, thank you for this.  I have hope again.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28365547/texans-jj-watt-returning-practice-pectoral-muscle-tear

Texans defensive end J.J. Watt returned to practice Tuesday, eight weeks after he had surgery on a torn pectoral muscle. He said he expects to play in Houston's first playoff game.

On the night Watt tore his pectoral muscle, he and the team initially thought he would be out for the rest of the season. "This game can be beautiful and it can also be brutal," Watt tweeted on Oct. 27. "Absolutely gutted that I won't be able to finish the season with my guys and give the fans what they deserve."

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just looked it up.

He tore his the last week of October...DaQuan is 3 weeks ahead.

Honestly, thank you for this.  I have hope again.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28365547/texans-jj-watt-returning-practice-pectoral-muscle-tear

Texans defensive end J.J. Watt returned to practice Tuesday, eight weeks after he had surgery on a torn pectoral muscle. He said he expects to play in Houston's first playoff game.

On the night Watt tore his pectoral muscle, he and the team initially thought he would be out for the rest of the season. "This game can be beautiful and it can also be brutal," Watt tweeted on Oct. 27. "Absolutely gutted that I won't be able to finish the season with my guys and give the fans what they deserve."

Oh nice I didn’t know it was that late in the season for JJ

So there’s definitely some hope then.

Thanks for sharing that 

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Would it make more sense to start the London games at 6:00 PM London time, which would be 1:00 PM East Coast time.

Yes. It's not so much the time change, it's the early kickoff that doesn't take into account the players' circadian rhythms.

But the NFL doesn't want that. It wants morning games in North America. That's probably even baked into the Sunday Ticket deal with YouTube, since that allows Youtube to offer all "Sunday afternoon" games exclusively, leaving the morning product to NFL network or whoever might bid for it.

14 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Would the dolphins have won if milano and jones were out ?

I still think we're a better team than Miami. 

Their defense is not built to slow down our offense.

Our defense struggled to contain Etienne, Ridley and Kirk without Daquan, Milano & White... but we also didn't have Rousseau, Benford and (basically) Von.  We need to get healthy, and we can't really sustain anymore season ending injuries, but Poona Ford is a decent replacement for Jones and we drafted Dorian Williams in RD3 for a reason.. that reason simply comes earlier than we hoped for.   

CB is where I think we may need to add.  Not necessarily a Surtain blockbuster trade, but if Elam can't even be counted on to be serviceable, we need someone backing up Jackson/Benford that is, at least, a scheme fit that can provide a baseline of play. 

• Like (+1) 1

BTW when will be there be official news on Milano's injury? I don't get it. We have just "broken leg", which could mean many different parts of the leg. Hopefully, it's just a bone break, no knee damage. He could be back in 8-10 weeks. Which still sucks but much better than season ending (or worse...)

I only saw him wincing in pain during the TV broadcast. But have no clue how it happened.

Just now, Jerome007 said:

BTW when will be there be official news on Milano's injury? I don't get it. We have just "broken leg", which could mean many different parts of the leg. Hopefully, it's just a bone break, no knee damage. He could be back in 8-10 weeks. Which still sucks but much better than season ending (or worse...)

I only saw him wincing in pain during the TV broadcast. But have no clue how it happened.

They showed no replays of injury.  Either they did not want to show it or less cameras than a domestic game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.