Bills vs Jags from London 1st Half Thread

Chandler#81

So, Groot was already out.  Benford was out for this one.  Floyd is hurt.  Poyer on 1 leg.  Jones is out now.  Milano is probably out for the year.  White is out for the year. Von is there, but is obviously on a strict play count. 

Half of our starting defense is banged up.  It's just not right.  Not sure how you overcome that.  I like the depth we have overall, but this is asking a lot.

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Lol, he may turnout not to be good but this is his first action of the season. Did you expect him to be a shutdown corner today considering he hasn’t played at all this season? 

Why do you think he hasn’t played this season until multiple DB’s were hurt? Because the coaches don’t think he is good either. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

McDermott calls that timeout to tell his guys playmakers are down Milano, Floyd, Jones, Groot, Von stilling getting back to himself, whose going step the ***** up and make a play.

AJ all ready answered this.

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Almost all runs from shotgun...

When they finally went under center the passing game opened up.

Crazy isn't it, make them guess just a little bit. Not sure why Ken Dorsey, AN NFL OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR can't figure that out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Exactly.. our 2 best players were immediately injured. And our 2 starting CB’s are out. Give the back ups a chance..challenge to get up to speed and jags playing fast 

Defense actually held up pretty well considering the situation.  The offense has been the bigger worry, but they got it together in the last drive.    

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Bills 1st half rushing: 10 carries, 23 yards, Allen leading rusher with 11 yards ... 

Falling behind so quickly really screws everything up in the run department. Hopefully Buffalo can open up the 2nd half w a TD to gain the lead so we can go back to running it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Needs to learn how to tackle

But I was told he was playing good? 🤮

He has potential as a backup right now but his first 3-4 steps were not efficient, he couldn't fight through traffic, and he was roaming the middle with a few nice PBU. Those PBU's were somewhat lucky just being there.

Point of note is that he is not being given the same responsibilities as Milano. Only a few players could. Beyond Milano we have an unproven Bernard. It'll be hard to get anywhere with this lineup and I wish we did more to invest in LB (Devin White)

We will likely see a lot of Nickel and heavy nickel/dime

If this was me I'd bring Rapp in on passing downs to play strong nickel with Joshon almost playing Will (Milano position).

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That was a bullet and perfect pass.  Can't knock him on that.

Elam does a good job keeping with the receiver. He needs to have awareness and turn his head on plays.  If he looks back at the ball it gives him a chance to defend it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

So, Groot was already out.  Benford was out for this one.  Floyd is hurt.  Poyer on 1 leg.  Jones is out now.  Milano is probably out for the year.  White is out for the year. Von is there, but is obviously on a strict play count. 

Half of our starting defense is banged up.  It's just not right.  Not sure how you overcome that.  I like the depth we have overall, but this is asking a lot.

You score 30 points in the 2nd half. 

that’s how. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

How you doing in here without me guys? 

I am shoutboxing as easier from in stadium. I am knackered. No idea how you guys do this 8 or 9 times a year.... sweating, voice has gone.... only half way through 😂

London may be cursed, I just hope our defense survives.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Falling behind so quickly really screws everything up in the run department. Hopefully Buffalo can open up the 2nd half w a TD to gain the lead so we can go back to running it.

It doesn't have to. The LBs are immediately backpedaling every time we are in shotgun because they don't have to meet the ball carrier at the line as quickly if we run

If we run from shotgun the carrier has more momentum and will beat most linebackers to the line. 

Just now, Einstein said:

Why do you think he hasn’t played this season until multiple DB’s were hurt? Because the coaches don’t think he is good either. 

Because the other corners were better. He is a man corner and not a zone corner which is the scheme the Bills play. The other corners have all been lights out this year so that doesn’t mean Elam sucks. He got beat last year but he got better the more he played. To think he would come out and be good today after being out all season is wishful thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic