10/08/2023 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jaguars in London, England PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

🇬🇧🇺🇸

Cheerio, Lads ‘n Birds! 

If you’re ‘over there’ I hope you rented a ‘flat’ for your ‘holiday’!

Josh Allen vs. Josh Allen ll

1st, I don’t like the Jaguars. Full disclosure, I’ve lived in Jax for all but 3 years since moving from WNY in ‘96. Wayne Weaver’s midnight shenanigans just before the franchise selection committee chose 2 new cities, gave dark house Jacksonville a team via a 5 year guarantee of sellouts ($$$) meaning visiting teams would garner 50% of full house!

He was hoping this would build a solid Fanbase smack dab in the middle of Gator/‘Nole country. We all know how that’s turned out. They’re now playing at least 10 games away from here just to lessen the impact of tarped off, empty stands. Then, as a Bills fan, they take local tv prevalence when their games coincide with Bills starting times. 😡dammit!

So, I hope they make London their permanent Home soon..

Enough about that. They scare me. In our 18 previous games vs them, we’re just 9-9, including that 9-6 debacle a couple seasons ago where they stripped the #1 seed from us -and knocking out Kelly in his last game.  Flutie’s dramatic come from behind win is the only reason we don’t have a losing overall record, though McDermott does (1-2). 

As for our Bills, a 28 point margin of victory will give us sole possession of 4 straight 28+ point wins, an all-time NFL Bully record! Even in the most critical evaluation, our Josh Allen has never been better. Truly! He’s been surgical these last 3 games with the indication he’s finally reaching his true potential. He’s become a Master at play action and knows where everyone is at all times. But it’s his keen sense of when play calls have broken down, to find and lead to an open, non-designed teammate that’s becoming jaw dropping! Thrilling to see as a Bills fan!  But THEIR Josh Allen (6sacks!) will definitely have a say in this matter. He singularly won our last encounter with them! Unfortunately, GROOT will miss the game but Poyer and yes, VON MILLER will likely return! Leonard Floyd has been nothing short of great so far! While Kincaid has been everything advertised, Josh simply doesn’t utilize him enough. He can get open on every play and is great at catching the ball. He’s definitely been the answer for the loss of Beasley’s production, I’d just like to see him utilized more in the red zone. The team seems genuinely excited to be playing in this game and representing the League with their unique brand of high energy football! We’re genuinely excited to see them in this game!

The Red, White & Blue invades Great Britain!

🕒Wake up Sleepyheads! It’s Breakfast with the Bills!

🍻🍺🌍💂‍♀️🛩️ 

Enjoy the game!

GO BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Oooof dilemma time for me. I’m wide awake, in pain, and probably can’t sleep. This is a normal daily thing for me but I don’t usually have to worry about being up at 9:30 for the game. 

Do I just stay up and hope I don’t fall asleep just before the game or during the game, or do I lay down and stare at the back of my eyelids while all I can think about is pain?

LFG BILLS!!! You got this. Let’s be different this year and win this game instead of making the world scratch their heads like week 1 and other wtf happened games from years past. This isn’t a must win but it is a game that should be won and probably has the one seed looking at this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Happy Game Day Morning, and this week, it truly is Game Day Morning, TBD. This is the Josh Allen Bowl, Part 2. Fry up some eggs and bacon, settle in with a good morning brew (coffee or whatever other "brew" you may prefer) and watch the Bills avenge that Urban Meyers loss of two years ago. Having a week five win in the books by noon will be nice. Then, we can use the rest of the day for productive leaf-raking and other yard work. Or, we can relax and waste the rest of the day cheering for whomever the Chiefs, the Phish, the Jets, the Patriots, etc., are playing.  

LET'S GO BUFFALO !!!

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I am extra hoping for a win today.  After the Mafia making a spectacle of itself here in London for the last 72 hours, it wouldn't be good otherwise.

Their sports science team determined this was the best way to handle the travel. It’s how most/all teams have been doing it the past several years. Basically It causes the least amount of disruption to their routine

• Like (+1) 1

Some say there is no such thing as a trap game. I'm not one of them. I said they would be 7-1 after the Jets loss and this is my only worry. 

This should be McD's strength as a coach. Keeping things level and focused.  But we've all seen the emotional let down after a big win. 

Tre going down is a big loss but I think Jackson and Elam will be up to the task. Hopefully Benford can make it through the game. I'm not expecting much from Von other than maybe a few reps on 3rd and long. Look for Kincaid and Shakir to have breakout games today as Josh doesn't force it to Diggs.

If OL plays as it has, Bills should win by 10. I don't think this is going to be pretty though. Maybe 27-17 with Bills getting a late FG to go up by two scores.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Should I bring my TV to work or should I just watch on my phone?

Bring the 75” TV in and watch the Bills smash the JAGs

I’m curious why no Shaq, considering Rousseau is out.  It seems like we are thin at DE.  Maybe extra DBs to contain all of JAGs screen passes

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Bring the 75” TV in and watch the Bills smash the JAGs

I’m curious why no Shaq, considering Rousseau is out.  It seems like we are thin at DE.  Maybe extra DBs to contain all of JAGs screen passes

Lawson hurt his foot yesterday apparently. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.