Bills Media Critic Maddy Glab

jethro_tull

In short, she's awesome and does an excellent job.  Listening on One Bills Live with Tasker and she is knowledgable, super articulate in a classic DeeJay kind of way and passionate about sports and the Bill as Harry Cary used to say.  

The Bills are lucky to have her, hope she stays but probably won't.  ESPN for sure.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 9

10 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

In short, she's awesome and does an excellent job.  Listening on One Bills Live with Tasker and she is knowledgable, super articulate in a classic DeeJay kind of way and passionate about sports and the Bill as Harry Cary used to say.  

The Bills are lucky to have her, hope she stays but probably won't.  ESPN for sure.  

Glad you enjoy her. But I don't ever hear her say anything that's remotely insightful and I watch a fair number of the official Bills videos and listen to the Brown/Tasker show a lot and she often fills in for one of them.

To each his or her own.

• Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

This seems suspiciously like a Maddy Glab TBD burner account…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 21
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

She's not bad. She's lucky that nothing came of her snafu with the leaked Diggs audio besides some bad press.

ESPN for sure though? I'd doubt she's even on their radar.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

She's not bad. She's lucky that nothing came of her snafu with the leaked Diggs audio besides some bad press.

ESPN for sure though? I'd doubt she's even on their radar.

Does ESPN even have a radar anymore? I think it got scrapped during the budget cuts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Sadly, no matter what she does here she will likely always be remembered for her "behind the scenes" takes.

There are going to be people that will take that and run with it and others that brush it off.

I'm sure it has happened plenty of times, not just with the bills but in media in general.

I don't hold anything against her for what she said but at the same time, she's not exactly great at her job other than offering puff pieces (that I do watch anyways) because it's bills content.

Please. She’s employed by Pegs (Kim). There are plenty of reporters and insightful media figures. I’m NOT picking on a woman (see Jenna Cottrell for a very solid local). **Tasker’s insight comes from his occupation was ST superstar

Maddy is lucky to be employed by an employer that is a local monopoly. Her ratings would force change at a competitive media outlet.  

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

I can’t imagine her ever getting a national on-camera gig. Her voice is just a tad regional. Fortunately, her thick Chicago accent is practically indistinguishable from one you might hear in parts of WNY, so she’s ok for Bills fans. 
And, she’s  a bit too Plain Jane for Sideline reports and Good Morning Football shows where they prefer a little more glamour from their female talent. 
I do think she’s as knowledgeable or more than some of the talking heads who’ve never played the sport. She does  her homework. 
My biggest beef with her is the same one I have with Chris Brown- they can’t stop themselves from interrupting when Tasker’s talking. Tasker was telling an amusing anecdote yesterday that involved a practical joke from training camp involving Reed, Smerlas, and Ritcher, and he was twice on the verge of saying ‘even today..’ (anticipating something about Smerlas, the prank’s victim), but thanks to her interruption, we were left hanging on that line. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

See questions to Cossell this week. Her questions were 20-30 sec. It’s not how to interview. I hate her voice but asking questions as a 20 sec monologue of your guests is just bad media presence. 

again, she works at a local monopoly. Other media outlet ratings would give a market response +/-

7 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

See questions to Cossell this week. Her questions were 20-30 sec. It’s not how to interview. I hate her voice but asking questions as a 20 sec monologue of your guests is just bad media presence. 

again, she works at a local monopoly. Other media outlet ratings would give a market response +/-

Cosell was definitely holding back a STFU more than once in that interview.

• Haha (+1) 1

The  only time she sounded real was when she was talking about Diggs (behind his back sadly) Other than that she sounds like she's reading. If she'd loosen up and talk more like she's hanging out rather than giving a football lecture, she'd be fine. 
side note-  I'm sure I wouldn't do any better, so there's that I suppose. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

9 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Yeah, she can get unnecessarily wordy at times. I suspect she’s the kind of person you have to say ‘goodbye’ to five times before you can get off the phone.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Eh my hatred towards her has nothing to do with her mic issue. My issue is she's like a female Vic Carrucci. She just drones on and on and on and doesn't get to her point. She also sounds like shes reading from a stat line most of the time and her voice is annoying.

Maddy Glad =Female Vic Carrucci, who sounds like shes reading from a stat sheet, who has a very annoying voice is my issue with her.

34 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Does ESPN even have a radar anymore? I think it got scrapped during the budget cuts.

they must have one.  They need to keep replacing aging veterans with rookies on cheap cost-controlled deals.

she might be a running back, though.

52 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Glad you enjoy her. But I don't ever hear her say anything that's remotely insightful and I watch a fair number of the official Bills videos and listen to the Brown/Tasker show a lot and she often fills in for one of them.

To each his or her own.

I think the issue might be listening to the Brown/Tasker show and expecting anything insightful tbh

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

The  only time she sounded real was when she was talking about Diggs (behind his back sadly) Other than that she sounds like she's reading. If she'd loosen up and talk more like she's hanging out rather than giving a football lecture, she'd be fine. 

Wow. You nailed it!! It’s  It’s that preachy teacher lecture tone vs. natural conversation. That moment is exactly it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Have you ever listened to Warwow ask a question?   3 minutes later, you might get a question.

Or any other media? or the talking heads on ESPN?  She's not media personality like most.  She fills in and, I'm guessing, literally reads the questions that are right in front of her.  

Like I already said, she makes puff pieces most of the time, that's intended by the PR department of the Bills.  She's not going to sit on the radio for 2 hours every day and go over X's and O's about what happened in the game because that's not her job.

Edited by The Wiz

28 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Wow. You nailed it!! It’s  It’s that preachy teacher lecture tone vs. natural conversation. That moment is exactly it. 

Maybe in time. Idk if she's just not confident yet or what. Look I'm as socially awkward as they get. I'm only comfortable around my closest friends , but around other people I end up saying thing that, as soon as the word come out of my mouth, I start criticizing myself in my head. Lol

35 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think the issue might be listening to the Brown/Tasker show and expecting anything insightful tbh

Yeah, they're not great but I get something out of it. What am I gonna do during the day, work?

I really like when they bring on Greg Cosell to do game previews. He's pretty astute but still humble and interesting.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

To each his or her own.

I absolutely mean no insult to her and have no axe to grind, but yeah, this.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

The Cossell interview was so weird.  Right off the bat she started asking him about Jacksonville, without discussing his thoughts on the previous week’s game as usual.  Greg was like “whoa have you guys come down from your big win last week already?”  

It was like he knew that he should be discussing Miami before Jacksonville and he was trying to get her back on track.  

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

To be fair, it's not uncommon for Brown, especially, to ramble on in some of those segments.  Tasker is usually more concise.  I realize that may not be a high bar.

My impression is she's mostly there to be a "fluff piece" creator.

23 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Yeah, they're not great but I get something out of it. What am I gonna do during the day, work?

I really like when they bring on Greg Cosell to do game previews. He's pretty astute but still humble and interesting.

One Bills Live is actually doing a great job this season of bringing in some quality football minds during the week - Dan Orlovsky, Brian Baldinger, and of course Greg Cosell.  These are all guys who have forgotten more football than anyone in this board ever knew - including the people on this board who have forgotten more football than I'll ever know.  These guys are couth, they're not going to roll up and say "your player sucks" but they do deal it straight.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

Ugh..

Cheerful 'ra ra' Bills employee. 

Not a fan.

That said, youd know that and everyone elses opinion by reading the existing super long topic on her....

37 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It was like he knew that he should be discussing Miami before Jacksonville and he was trying to get her back on track.  

The guest interviews are typically told most of the questions they are going to be asked before they come on so that they can prepare.........the order probably didn't match how he was told to prep.

3 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Her questions were 20-30 sec.

That’s ALL reporters now. Drives me nuts. 

Have you listened to a McD post game press conference?

Instead of the reporter asking “What did you think of Allen’s play this week”?

They will instead ask “Given his struggles in Week 1, and your comments indicating that he must play better, what do you make of it that Allen had 3 touchdowns today and only 2 incompletions? What does that say about him as a player and competitor and leader?”

I genuinely do not understand why they do it other than to drive me crazy.

Edited by Einstein

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

His questions tend to bug me, it's like he has an answer he wants so his question is a journey and hopes the player will finish it with what he wants.

Wasn't that how the whole diggs thing started?

Long winded question to start push a narrative and then "Do you think that is concerning?"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.