Looks like the Bills are Flying Virgin Atlantic to London

Dan Darragh

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Bills are flying out today on Thursday. I would have guessed Monday or Tuesday just to get used to the time change.

For other sports who do a lot of international travel the standard operating procedure is either at least two weeks or go right before the event and don’t let the body slow down.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

A350-1000 is huge, holds more than 400 passengers

I think the team travels with like 150 people or so +\-. I’m guessing that means any first class seat has to sit next to somebody and everybody else gets a row to themselves.

If I book a flight last minute and can’t get extra leg room I always go to the back row window. More often than not the middle seat will be open and I can stretch diagonally. 

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It would be the most Billsy thing ever for them to be the first team ever to die in a plane crash.

What would the league do?

Well, we see who wins DC Tom's 'Idiot of the Week' award.

Check back at season's end to see if you advanced.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

Using Virgin is part of the NFL-London game contract.

Heathrow has an curfew, which this charter will comply with.

If you get there before the arrival curfew ends at 6am, you have to hold and wait it out, by holding over the village of Ockham.

That becomes an issue in the late fall/winter with stronger tailwinds.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Interesting theyre going 7pm to 12:30am on this flight. Thought they would leave a bit later and land later into the day so they could go right into it.

If this is the team plane, I'm not a fan of these times.

This plane is HUGE.  So I expect them to have the lounge bed chairs where they all just sleep.  

Probably have an edible or two.  Nyquil.  Dream.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Bills are flying out today on Thursday. I would have guessed Monday or Tuesday just to get used to the time change.

Some teams feel more comfortable doing practices at home and not take chances of someone from stadium with opposition team contact getting info on their plays they practice and which players seem to having issues.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think the team travels with like 150 people or so +\-. I’m guessing that means any first class seat has to sit next to somebody and everybody else gets a row to themselves.

If I book a flight last minute and can’t get extra leg room I always go to the back row window. More often than not the middle seat will be open and I can stretch diagonally. 

These A350-1000s are the planes with like 40-50 sleeper bed pod first class seats. I'm sure the players are all tucked away in their own pod.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's just a thought that crossed my mind. Obviously very unlikely but within the realm of possibility always. What would the league do if a team plane crashed? 😱

Probably have the FBI, Bureau of AT&F, and the TSB visit your house. 🤨

• Haha (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It would be the most Billsy thing ever for them to be the first team ever to die in a plane crash.

😱😱😱

Some thoughts should just be left as thoughts. 

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

These A350-1000s are the planes with like 40-50 sleeper bed pod first class seats. I'm sure the players are all tucked away in their own pod.

Dawkins must have one helluva pod. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Some thoughts should just be left as thoughts. 

Dawkins must have one helluva pod. 

I mean he has been only eating 600-800 calories a day in salads for a few months now, he should be good 😂

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Going to Europe always seemed tougher on the old circadian rhythm than coming back stateside, imho. Hope Sean knows what he’s doing with little acclimation to the TZ difference. 

I think that is pretty much standard procedure now isn't it based on what they have found out over the years?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's just a thought that crossed my mind. Obviously very unlikely but within the realm of possibility always. What would the league do if a team plane crashed? 😱

If that's the case, we all might be better off if you keep your thoughts to yourself. 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Going to Europe always seemed tougher on the old circadian rhythm than coming back stateside, imho. Hope Sean knows what he’s doing with little acclimation to the TZ difference. 

Stay on Eastern time. Lock em in a hotel with blackout curtains and sun lamps. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

😱😱😱

Why the fk would you say that?

What an absolute moron.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.