Most underrated play and favorite sequence of the game

JerseyBills

Most underrated play for me was 7-7 and Josh hitting Knox for 11 12 yards but Knox destroyed the DB , got extra yards and had an awesome celebration.  Thought that set the tone on O that we're way more physical and yall can't do nothing about it, we're going to bully you.

Then this sequence- 3rd and 18 , 21 14 Buf, Dolphins scored 2 straight drives, way short and Mosert fumbles, recovered by Fins. 

Bills get ball back and that crazy Diggs TD happens.  28 14 Bills

Dolphins ball , 3rd and inches , force another Mosert fumble, recover and set up the FG to go into HT up 31 14

They said we're not satisfied with just stopping you, we're taking that ball away too

That 3 drive sequence sealed the deal and goes back to the Knox play where Bills were just way more physical and were bullying them

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Son of a K-Gun said:

We were saying it in the stands right from the jump...Bills looked bigger, stronger and more physical.  Can't remember the last time I really felt that way about a Bills team.  That Knox play defined it.

Same, major props to Beane. Jealous of anyone that was there! Crowd was absolutely amazing 

8 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

We were saying it in the stands right from the jump...Bills looked bigger, stronger and more physical.  Can't remember the last time I really felt that way about a Bills team.  That Knox play defined it.

The atmosphere from the TV looked insane. Can’t even imagine the noise level/energy at the stadium 

My fave play was when Josh was under pressure and made the simple float pass to Cook who then took it about 30+ yards.  Just really hammered home how smart Josh was playing and that he was taking what the defense was giving.  Against the Jets, he's launching that ball downfield into triple coverage.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

My fave play was when Josh was under pressure and made the simple float pass to Cook who then took it about 30+ yards.  Just really hammered home how smart Josh was playing and that he was taking what the defense was giving.  Against the Jets, he's launching that ball downfield into triple coverage.

Linebacker was stuck - honestly the TE underneath was probably open too because the backer was sort of frozen and covered no one.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Most underrated play for me was 7-7 and Josh hitting Knox for 11 12 yards but Knox destroyed the DB , got extra yards and had an awesome celebration.  Thought that set the tone on O that we're way more physical and yall can't do nothing about it, we're going to bully you.

Then this sequence- 3rd and 18 , 21 14 Buf, Dolphins scored 2 straight drives, way short and Mosert fumbles, recovered by Fins. 

Dolphins ball , 3rd and inches , force another Mosert fumble, recover and set up the FG to go into HT up 31 14

They said we're not satisfied with just stopping you, we're taking that ball away too

That 3 drive sequence sealed the deal and goes back to the Knox play where Bills were just way more physical and were bullying them

The funny thing is:

We had 2 dropped picks, 1 missed fumble recovery... This game wasn't close. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

The funny thing is:

Absolutely, the one saving grace is one was followed by a fumble the very next play. 

If you really look at this game, the Bills coulda/ really should have had 2 more turnovers go their way and Shakir should have caught the pass and walked into the end zone, his jump screwed him up and he never was ready for an absolutely perfect pass.  (I am seeing why he’s not on the field more, now).  It was an absolute domination and there was room for it to have been a 5 or 6 score differential.   This is the most complete game I have seen from the Bills since the Super Bowl era and that is no hyperbole.  When you consider the level of competition they just did that to, the only other game that’s close in the Josh era is the Pats playoff game, but be honest, that Pats team was not close to the same level. 

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Absolutely, the one saving grace is one was followed by a fumble the very next play. 

If you really look at this game, the Bills coulda/ really should have had 2 more turnovers go their way and Shakir should have caught the pass and walked into the end zone, his jump screwed him up and he never was ready for an absolutely perfect pass.  (I am seeing why he’s not on the field more, now).  It was an absolute domination and there was room for it to have been a 5 or 6 score differential.   This is the most complete game I have seen from the Bills since the Super Bowl era and that is no hyperbole.  When you consider the level of competition they just did that to, the only other game that’s close in the Josh era is the Pats playoff game, but be honest, that Pats team was not close to the same level. 

STRONGLY disagree. That was one of the most perfect games ever played, quite literally. 

EDIT: I misread "Pats team" as "Pats game" but still, play offs vs. 4th game of the year. That Pats game was WILD man.  

Edited by warrior9

For me, there were a couple little plays out there that really stood out as great decisions/effort.

The Knox reception and run was awesome as was Diggs on his long TD, he made such a sudden move to get off the CB as soon as that ball was in his hands and then to throw another spin and be able to shake loose, what a play!

Other unsung ones, Harty catching a bad throw, getting up and getting the first down, big time play. 

Taron Johnson also made an exceptional play on Hill.  Hill got the ball in the flat, Johnson was being blocked by a WR, but he didn’t do what most do and try to attack Hill, he kept his angle and he kept the inside, forcing Hill out of bounds for a 10 yard gain, but importantly, it didn’t turn into a game changer.  That’s so big.

Other standout, JA took a sack in the redzone, didn’t love it, thought he had a shot early in the play to swing it outside for positive yards, BUT the play broke and he made the smart/right choice to eat it and live for the next play.  Absolutely fantastic game by Allen.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Saw this mentioned on a Fins fan site - Bills were more physical.  Awesome to watch!

One sequence that impressed me in a weird way...   When Tre dropped that pick, even though we had a lead at the time, I thought that games often hinge on missed opportunities like this. 

Then we recovered a fumble on the very next play.  And then I thought, 'This isn't one of those games.'   Both our O and D were making too many plays - the Fins had no chance.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

STRONGLY disagree. That was one of the most perfect games ever played, quite literally. 

EDIT: I misread "Pats team" as "Pats game" but still, play offs vs. 4th game of the year. That Pats game was WILD man.  

I agree that was a great performance and it was in the playoffs, so that’s huge.  All that said, the Pats were not a team you really worried about.  They had no passing attack all year and we knew it, the offense destroyed them and the Defense played a great game obviously.  I still feel this was a far more impressive game all around, considering the roll the Phins had been on and to be fair, the Bills had not shown up in all three phases in about 8 games.   Yesterday was dominance of a team the majority of people expected to beat you.  That was never the case in the Pats game, they barely squeaked into the game and got pummeled the way they were expected to.

Just now, DCofNC said:

I agree that was a great performance and it was in the playoffs, so that’s huge.  All that said, the Pats were not a team you really worried about.  They had no passing attack all year and we knew it, the offense destroyed them and the Defense played a great game obviously.  I still feel this was a far more impressive game all around, considering the roll the Phins had been on and to be fair, the Bills had not shown up in all three phases in about 8 games.   Yesterday was dominance of a team the majority of people expected to beat you.  That was never the case in the Pats game, they barely squeaked into the game and got pummeled the way they were expected to.

I don't disagree. 

36 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

The funny thing is:

Weirdly, the Fins had almost as many yards as we did (393 versus our 414).  But I agree, after the first quarter, it didn't look like a close game.  It looked like total domination.  

2 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

That's interesting.  In the Rockpile, I said something like the Bills aren't the biggest, aren't the strongest, aren't the fastest.   But they are big, enough, strong enough, and fast enough. All across the lineup.

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Haha, just posted this same thing in the Post-Game thread 

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

The early TD to Gabe was a thing of beauty, [or a complete screwup by the fish defense].

It was a very similar play design to the TD to Croom against Minnesota in 2018.

2 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

I dont remember exactly when in the game that catch and run by Cook happened, but it sure felt like a nail in the coffin. Like, the one time they do get a pressure on Josh we turn it into a huge play. Any wind that was left in their sails blew right out.

My favorite moment in the game was after our last TD, and they showed our sideline celebrating, and then cut to the Dolphins bench and showed their players sitting there in stunned, disappointed stupor. Reminded me of the "Let it Snow" game when they showed Ray Lucas crying on the bench and Ricky Williams quitting and heading to the locker room.

I like beating the Dolphins. I love destroying their spirits.

3 hours ago, Prospector said:

Does anyone know if it’s going to be replayed on NFL Network?

It;s not on the docket for today, but maybe later in the week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Harty making something out of nothing for the first down.  He’s not making all pro, but what an upgrade over ‘lol dirty.  No negative plays. 

I thought both of his catches were that same thing, and both were first downs.  Step one though... catching the ball was an improvement over Mckenzie.  

2 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

That was also a great read by Cook, seeing Josh scrambling and having the wherewithal to head downfield. That’s a form of communication and trust that comes with time together. Great play and look forward to more of those type plays from Cook.👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Harty making something out of nothing for the first down.  He’s not making all pro, but what an upgrade over ‘lol dirty.  No negative plays. 

I thought exactly the same thing yesterday watching it live.  The little things often have big impact.  That was not a play that I’d feel comfortable with McKenzie having to make. 

3 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Bills looked bigger, stronger and more physical

In the preseason I mentioned I wanted to see our DBs be much more physical at the LOS and stop giving 10 yard cushions on 3 and 5. Of course, I was “ schooled” about our lack of personnel to play man ?!?.

So the game starts and Romo is drooling over Miami’s offensive speed. I told my wife and kid, We need to smack the snot out of the receivers and make them hear footsteps later. 
    Voila, my prayers were answered. Multiple times in the first quarter their receivers were getting hammered after the catch. Hitting the ground hard, getting flung into the bench areas. There was one play where two Dolphin’s players were taken out on the sideline by a play. Hill high pointed a ball on the sideline and got thrown out roughly for no catch….💪🔥🦬

Offense was fun to watch but so was us knocking the heck out of the Fins on D

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Prospector said:

Does anyone know if it’s going to be replayed on NFL Network?

Most of the games are unannounced except:

Today when they will play Seahawks at NJ Jiants twice.

Friday when they will repeat Chicago Bears at Washington Team Football three times.

They tend not to play blowout games unless it is a NJ win.

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Most of the games are unannounced except:

Today when they will play Seahawks at NJ Jiants twice.

Friday when they will repeat Chicago Bears at Washington Team Football three times.

They tend not to play blowout games unless it is a NJ win.

gotcha... was thinking they may because it was the most anticipated game of the week

My favorite play was when Bills gave up TD and Fish decided to go for 2 and Dane Jackson said ENOUGH and forced ball out of receiver's hand.

That was last score they got.  After that they got desperate and failed each of the 4th down plays.

https://www.nfl.com/games/dolphins-at-bills-2023-reg-4?active-tab=watch

2PT Conversion Fails

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. T.Tagovailoa pass to T.Hill is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. Pass broken up by D.Jackson in rear right corner of end zone.

Aside from the nearly identical score, remember this game:

The Buffalo Bills handed the New England Patriots an embarrassing 47-17 wild-card loss on Saturday night, and in the process they made NFL history.

They became the first team ever to have a perfect offensive performance. They scored touchdowns on every single one of their possessions (except the kneel downs at the end of the game). They didn't face a single fourth down in the entire game, so they had no punts or field goals. They also held onto the ball when they had it, turning the ball over zero times.

4 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Know did the same thing versus Cincinnati his rookie year.  The Bills were off and Know rolled over 2 defenders and that got the Bills entire team energigzed and we went on to win.  It won Brandt's "angry run" sequence.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.