SNF - Chiefs vs Jets

sven233

Just now, AlfaBill said:

No to be fair the flag came out while the pass was in the air. But yeah, they do help the Chefs. 

The flag came out after the pick. Someone posted the video up thread. The ref even hesitate for a moment and did like a pump fake with the flag before throwing it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

THe odds of Zach Wilson doing down the field (kicking a FG), recovering an onside kick and then scoring a TD is especially low... that said it did happen last year

Yep, they did it against the Browns IIRC. It isn’t about low odds in that situation, it’s about removing the odds completely and guaranteeing your team wins. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Flags should not be thrown for illegal use of hands on 3rd and 20 plus unless egregious….completely egregious.  

That should be codified law.   

Either that or just make it a 10yrd penalty without the automatic 1st down.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Maybe Torrence needs to get with Ariana Grande or something 

I mean, Allen has Hailee, but if you notice, they haven't shown her at all.  She's been there and around, but has stayed out of the limelight to this point.  I'm good with that.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They made sure the game was close for 4th quarter ratings. Then they made sure Kelce won so there can be more Swift ads in the future.  

Now Swift can keep promoting her concert movie and Capital One ads and Kelce can promote his stuff and continue becoming a household name. 

I don’t think every game is rigged, but I think there are a few games every year that are “nudged” in whatever direction the NFL and its corporate sponsors would like. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Makes me wonder why we bother watching something so intensely that is clearly rigged… if we stopped watching would it send them a message? 

Makes me wonder why you watch. If you really think it's rigged, don't watch anymore and leave the viewing to those of us who think conspiracy theories are ridiculous.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This may be homer but at this point of the season I actually think the Bills look like the most complete AFC team.

Kinda like early last season. There’s a lot of football left and the Chiefs won’t play like this when facing better teams. Bills look real good though. Let’s up they keep it up all season. 

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

They made sure the game was close for 4th quarter ratings. Then they made sure Kelce won so there can be more Swift ads in the future.  

Now Swift can keep promoting her concert movie and Capital One ads and Kelce can promote his stuff and continue becoming a household name. 

I don’t think every game is rigged, but I think there are a few games every year that are “nudged” in whatever direction the NFL and its corporate sponsors would like. 

Just stop 

18 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

What a kitty move by the rat. Josh would drive that into the end zone. 
he actually bowed after sliding. What a douche. 

You think Allen is that dumb? Sliding ends the game. Mahomes did the right thing and I think Allen would’ve done the same. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I sympathize in a way with Saleh, but wasn’t that a fairly obvious penalty? Gardner was all over him with both hands.

He's allowed to have contact at that depth as long as he's not yanking on him. His hands are open enough that you can actually see his fingers.

When you consider the man under coverage and the down/distance, it is a very strange place to throw a borderline flag where he couldn't even really see the engagement from his angle.

Combine it with the egregious holding a couple plays earlier and that's two calls in the last 5 minutes of a tight game that altered possession.

It's a really, really bad look.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I will be super pissed if Josh ever does go into the endzone in that situation. Mahomes made the correct, heads up play.

Some people are acting like he dreamed it up on the spot at the end of the play - the offense was obviously told to do so by the coaches which is the right thing to do in that situation- just what Bills coaches would tell the Bills O to do and Josh would have done the same thing

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Makes me wonder why you watch. If you really think it's rigged, don't watch anymore and leave the viewing to those of us who think conspiracy theories are ridiculous.  

Not only do I watch .. but I bet

my hard earned money ...

I actually think it’s ridiculous that a lot of  people  think the game is rigged ..but I read it here every week …

There is incompetence and unconscious bias though from the officials… Same as most sports I watch around the world 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I sympathize in a way with Saleh, but wasn’t that a fairly obvious penalty? Gardner was all over him with both hands.

It was fairly obvious, but the issue is the refs literally let more egregious D holding penalties go all night. Then again, refs will usually call a penalty they’ve not been calling all night if the penalty actually contributes to the outcome of the play, like holding penalties that actually make it possible for a run to be successful for example. Perhaps in this case they felt the KC receiver would have had an opportunity to make a play on the ball otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Refs are selling this game. Giving it to the chiefs. This is so freekin blatant right now. 

Now that Ive stepped away from the game and look back at what I said here. I'd like to retract a bit. Perhaps "giving them the game" isn't correct. Perhaps blatant isn't the right word either. I will say that I think there are some refs and perhaps a narrative that the NFL likes for specific teams and players. Whether they admit it or not. I have no proof (of course) I just can't see how they don't. 

One doesn't have to believe in conspiracies to know that the good teams get the calls and the bad teams don't. Things occasionally break the other way because of human unpredictability, but the Chefs are not the first good team to get the calls when they need them. They also won't be the last.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Then again, refs will usually call a penalty they’ve not been calling all night if the penalty actually contributes to the outcome of the play, like holding penalties that actually make it possible for a run to be successful for example. Perhaps in this case they felt the KC receiver would have had an opportunity to make a play on the ball otherwise. 

I don't disagree with the general sentiment but there was virtually zero chance of that ball being completed into that particular coverage.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Makes me wonder why we bother watching something so intensely that is clearly rigged… if we stopped watching would it send them a message? 

Who knows?....I know the NFL for years has steared games in certain directions.  It was evident during the Brady era. They'll always be enough fans who choose to ignore obvious favoritism for entertainment. I just hope some level of "fair & equity" happens when Josh & Pat meet up in the playoffs. It was more important for the Chiefs to win tonight than the Jets.  Now if Aaron was still around that would've been a whole new story.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

One doesn't have to believe in conspiracies to know that the good teams get the calls and the bad teams don't. Things occasionally break the other way because of human unpredictability, but the Chefs are not the first good team to get the calls when they need them. They also won't be the last.

All true.  but it was a shite call.

• Like (+1) 2

KC is just getting that rep now. They got the plus end of the officiating in the AFCCG, the SB and now tonight.

It goes w/ the territory of having the top QB - and we saw it w/ Brady over & over & over again.  Teams that play the Chiefs have to overcome that to win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

You think Allen is that dumb? Sliding ends the game. Mahomes did the right thing and I think Allen would’ve done the same. 

When the Jets scored 2 TDs in the final 2 minutes when Cleveland's RB scored with a 6 point lead, increasing the lead to 13 instead of going down and giving the Browns the opportunity to run out the clock, the coaches around the league reminded everyone not to do that.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Didn’t these same refs call a safety on the chiefs when the facemask clearly happened outside the end zone?  And that was clear illegal contact by Gardner. If they called it on him every play like the refs should, the game would be unwatchable.  

The face mask was grabbed outside the EZ, but wasn’t twisted or pulled until the defender was in the endzone. Terry McCaully actually contradicted himself. He said it shouldn’t have been a safety because it began outside of it, but then defined a facemask as grabbing then twisting the helmet and that occurred in the endzone (which would make it a safety). Collinsworth said something like “so it isn’t a facemask until it’s twisted?” and McCaully said “that’s correct.” So which is it, Terry? A safety or no?

7 minutes ago, Success said:

KC is just getting that rep now. They got the plus end of the officiating in the AFCCG, the SB and now tonight.

It goes w/ the territory of having the top QB - and we saw it w/ Brady over & over & over again.  Teams that play the Chiefs have to overcome that to win.

It's nauseating now like it was nauseating then.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Success said:

This is 100% true. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic

The Chiefs have the pedigree.  When sh*t starts to go sideways, they so often right the ship in a nick of time and pull out the W.  Sure some calls or non calls went their way late. they always do for the perceived better team.  The Jets got some nice calls too in that game when they mounted a comeback. This is a good example of how KC pulled out a win in the same building Buffalo failed in similar circumstances 

There isn’t one team, currently, that comes close to the constant close game ref issues as the Chiefs.  

It happens here and there, with a different team one night and maybe another a few weeks later.  

It’s just constant with Kansas City.  And most opposing fanbases notice it. …it’s now a running joke on Twitter/X anytime they play a big game. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.