Choices for watching reputable NFL media shows & commentators today is non existent.

Toyo321

It is unbelievable how bad these media and radio personalities are with team & player analysis,  game and matchup perspectives.

One minute a team can be the best team in the league,  and every one of these media clowns are spewing all this one sided commentary

on how great that team is then the following week, that team is now the worst team in the league. 

If you could get real unbiased opinions from these guys I would not complain, but this rarely happens and all we end up with is a bunch of these media clowns

dressing up like Pee Wee Herman in front of a national audience, and their acting is just as bad when they are on camera too.

It is to bad that there are no true media personalities that are unbiased and you can actually respect for an honest opinion. 

As much as I hate to say it the only people I don't mind listening to now are Rex Ryan, Dan Orlovsky and Joy Taylor.

My worst top offenders

Stephen A Smith

Colin Cowherd

Bart Scott

Mike Greenberg

Ryan Clark

Michael Irvin

Feel free to make you own list but the choices of bad personalities out there are so many its staggering.

It is unreal that they actually get paid for the garbage that comes out of their mouths.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

My 2 favorites are Dan Orlovsky and Mina Kimes. I learn something from each of them on a regular basis. He is very good at breaking down what happens on the field and she is really good at utilizing next gen stats to provide interesting insights regarding why teams are failing or succeeding.  

Other than those 2, it is mostly just people expressing their opinions, so I take it with a grain of salt.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

It is unbelievable how bad these media and radio personalities are with team & player analysis,  game and matchup perspectives.

One minute a team can be the best team in the league,  and every one of these media clowns are spewing all this one sided commentary

on how great that team is then the following week, that team is now the worst team in the league. 

If you could get real unbiased opinions from these guys I would not complain, but this rarely happens and all we end up with is a bunch of these media clowns

dressing up like Pee Wee Herman in front of a national audience, and their acting is just as bad when on they are on camera too.

It is to bad that there are no true media personalities that are unbiased and actually you can respect for an honest opinion. 

As much as I hate to say it the only people I don't mind listening to are now are Rex Ryan and Dan Orlovsky and Joy Taylor

My worst top offenders

Stephen A Smith

Colin Cowherd

Bart Scott

Mike Greenberg

Ryan Clark

Michael Irvin

Feel free to make you own list but the choices of bad personalities out there are so many its staggering.

It is unreal that they actually get paid for the garbage that comes out of their mouths.

You just named a bunch of TV talking heads, not serious analysts, and you left off the dumbest one of all, Terry Bradshaw.  What did you expect?  There are literally dozens of excellent NFL analysts out there, most of whom do podcasts that are either team specific (Like Joe Marino), or more focused on the whole league, like Ross Tucker, Greg Cosell and Phil Simms.  Hell, even Bill Simmons often does a nice job, even though he is a Patriot homer and dislikes the Bills. 

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Everyone in Buffalo who cares about football should be following Eric from Cover 1. Not a fan of the other guys on Cover 1 though. 

Cover 1 is great to listen to but I find all of them way too positive about the Bills. Most of the breakdowns are positive.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 1

Whatever you do, don't listen to the rockpile report.

Marino's good. Sal's good. Anthony prohaska, Gregg Tomsett. All good 

For league wide stuff I like GOAT house-couple meatheads from Minnesota, tom Grossi/clickbait sports.

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

I still watch the games and NFL Primetime but other than that I barely watch any other football coverage shows these days.  They really have gotten that bad and I think I'm just getting older and don't give as much of a S*** anymore 🤷‍♂️

Funny, this resonated with me.  As I get older, my interest in actual games has remained high (if not increased), but my interest in pre game, post game, highlight shows, etc. has decreased dramatically.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cover 1 is great to listen to but I find all of them way too positive about the Bills. Most of the breakdowns are positive.

They’re still young and doing this “Bills Mafia” thing. Which honestly is refreshing compared to the jaded and arrogant WGR. But I get it’s not everyone’s taste. 

• Like (+1) 1

You can get as good or better commentary here on this board, quite literally the vast majority of sports talk shows are a farce,  it’s a contest of who’s suit is the most absurd, and who can spout off the silliest take and then pretend to take it seriously, it’s all scripted there is no thoughtful commentary for the most part. It much like “ truth in advertising “ it doesn’t exist. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

dressing up like Pee Wee Herman in front of a national audience, and their acting is just as bad when they are on camera too.

It is to bad that there are no true media personalities that are unbiased and you can actually respect for an honest opinion. 

As much as I hate to say it the only people I don't mind listening to now are Rex Ryan, Dan Orlovsky and Joy Taylor.

My worst top offenders

Stephen A Smith

Colin Cowherd

Bart Scott

Mike Greenberg

Ryan Clark

Michael Irvin

Bart Scott is unbearable. He’s lost way too many brain cells. 

Ryan Clark has to sound like the smartest guy in the room but at least he has good insight most the time. 

On a side note, I thought Matt Ryan was fantastic calling the Bills game last week. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Dan Orlovsky is one of the worst commentators on television, just as bad as RGIII... 

Colin Cowherd is usually about as honest as you can get... he chose to ignore the Jets hype and left them out of his playoff prediction because of their offensive line. Most of the others are Jets sycophants who want the Bills to lose.

The choices are a reflection of the times... not a very good time for sports on TV.

Stop paying attention to national talking heads. There are 32 teams each with an active roster of 53, that's 1,696 active players every week in the NFL. You think Michael Irvin or Cowherd knows each team's roster well? They only know the top-line narratives that they're fed by their staff, I believe.

For my money, for the Bills, look to Cover 1 (best detailed Xs and Os breakdown) Greg Cosell (great overall breakdown of the entire team), Kurt Warner's breakdowns (great analysis of Josh), and JT O'Sullivan (sharp QB analysis as well).

Edited by Nephilim17

On 9/29/2023 at 4:59 PM, Toyo321 said:

My worst top offenders

Stephen A Smith

Colin Cowherd

Bart Scott

Mike Greenberg

Ryan Clark

Michael Irvin

agree. I don’t watch anything anymore. I might watch something on YouTube every now and then when it pops up in feed but that’s about it. I like Greg Cosell the most. 

WGR is garbage too mostly. It’s either homer stuff or a schoop and bull dog who I can’t stand. 

On 9/29/2023 at 6:18 PM, ToGoGo said:

Everyone in Buffalo who cares about football should be following Eric from Cover 1. Not a fan of the other guys on Cover 1 though. 

Most of the guys from cover 1 are egotistical *****. 

12 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Pat Macafee is about the only good thing going out there

Rich Eisen used to be good. Haven’t listened much to his podcast 

Oh God no, McAfee is the worst. I don't understand his appeal. I'm going to guess he is popular because he is the white trash alternative to Stephen A. Smith. He is ruining college GameDay. He was drunk on set at Duke. Yes they claimed his red in the face look was food poisoning.  The only poison in his system was alcohol. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, k2mountain said:

Many have mentioned podcast alternatives. I'm not so into it. Podcasts are so time consuming for the amount of information you get from them. I like to read, it is much more efficient. Too bad there is a dearth of good readings on the web.

I too am old school and always preferred reading, but depending on your lifestyle, podcasts work. I drive for a living so I have the time to listen, and they’re usually a go to listen when I’m at the gym. Locked on, cover 1 and Ross tucker are my three preferred ones, but I also enjoy most of the content on the Sirius NFL channel 

1 hour ago, FITZamishRIFLE said:

Those dude are media personalities not NFL analysts

This was the entire topic of the thread  "Personalities" I never said they were even close to being analysts.  That is why the choices do not exist

today.

Stephen A Smith

Colin Cowherd

Bart Scott

Mike Greenberg

Ryan Clark

Michael Irvin

Edited by Toyo321

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.