To All You Dorsey/McD Haters What Say You Now ?

T master

So after the Jets game & even before that there were those here that wanted to fire McD, Dorsey, & start all over they said that the Bills would never win anything with McD & that Dorsey wasn't the answer also that Josh wasn't the QB he use to be !

They had absolutely no faith in the possibility of the second year OC fitting the new personal into the scheme & being successful or would they even seem to want to give him a chance .

But then yesterday what happened 38 to 10 VICTORY ! The D held last years NFL rushing leader to -2 yds for the ENTIRE GAME & the Raiders only had the 3 possessions in the second half . But those that SUCK so bad led the team to a 38 to 10 VICTORY !! 

Despite being a New season with New players, some new coaches it's the same old S**T no one sees any silver lining any where or the possibility of them being better just complain & fire every body because they suck  . I wonder how high they were jumping in the air while watching the boys score the way they did while watching the game ?

I don't get it ! How about this ? How about lets see how it plays out . I bet if they were to go all the way & all the haters jumped on board during the run to a championship but alas they would still find something to B**CH about .

I listened to Josh on his post game interview & if you go listen to it on the Bills app he said "I love feeling like I did last week, because it motivates me to be better & I learn from the experience" his out look on losing is so much more mature than many here .

I just hope the haters here learned something from the game & how the Bills as a hole bounced back and played better than the game against the Jets & the Jets didn't look nearly as good as they did against the Bills . Even with that said there were only a few plays in the Jets game that if played just a bit better the game would have been a W instead of a L .

And i would be willing to bet with what the Bills learned from the mistakes they made in the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR that the out come of the next game against the Jets will be a bit different . And the team will be better for it in the long run .

GO BILLS !!

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/9/23/23886276/sb-nation-reacts-buffalo-bills-fans-mostly-confident-in-oc-ken-dorsey-followng-nfl-week-2-game

Edited by T master
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 10
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I say we are two games in, and we are a .500 team. I’m not a hater, but I see the big picture. Nothing is certain at this point. Let’s win the next one. Then keep moving. A bit early to schedule any parades, I’m afraid.   

The negative knee jerk reaction after a single loss should be a lesson if you want to overreact over a single win. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 10

I wouldn’t say I’m a “Dorsey hater” but I think he has the season to prove he’s worthy of the position.  I thought he called a good game vs a poor defense.  Josh’s execution of the plan was perfect.

1 sub par game.  

1 good game.  
many more to go

I’m definitely not a McD hater.  I was excited to see him taken full control of the defense and play calling. I think he’s done a good job in both games considering Bernard is making the calls on the field.  

• Like (+1) 8

10 minutes ago, T master said:

So after the Jets game & even before that there were those here that wanted to fire McD, Dorsey, & start all over they said that the Bills would never win anything with McD & that Dorsey wasn't the answer also that Josh wasn't the QB he use to be !

They had absolutely no faith in the possibility of the second year OC fitting the new personal into the scheme & being successful or would they even seem to want to give him a chance .

But then yesterday what happened 38 to 10 VICTORY ! The D held last years NFL rushing leader to -2 yds for the ENTIRE GAME & the Raiders only had the 3 possessions in the second half . But those that SUCK so bad led the team to a 38 to 10 VICTORY !! 

Despite being a New season with New players, some new coaches it's the same old S**T no one sees any silver lining any where or the possibility of them being better just complain & fire every body because they suck  . I wonder how high they were jumping in the air while watching the boys score the way they did while watching the game ?

I don't get it ! How about this ? How about lets see how it plays out . I bet if they were to go all the way & all the haters jumped on board during the run to a championship but alas they would still find something to B**CH about .

I listened to Josh on his post game interview & if you go listen to it on the Bills app he said "I love feeling like I did last week, because it motivates me to be better & I learn from the experience" his out look on losing is so much more mature than many here .

I just hope the haters here learned something from the game & how the Bills as a hole bounced back and played better than the game against the Jets & the Jets didn't look nearly as good as they did against the Bills . Even with that said there were only a few plays in the Jets game that if played just a bit better the game would have been a W instead of a L .

And i would be willing to bet with what the Bills learned from the mistakes they made in the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR that the out come of the next game against the Jets will be a bit different . And the team will be better for it in the long run .

GO BILLS !! 

I say that we are 1-1. Beating a non-playoff team, while encouraging, doesn’t have me in the “we are unstoppable” crew just yet.

Edited by FireChans

6 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Still don't trust mcd, not based on one game but several. It wasn't an overreaction, it's a continuation 

McDermott record , 62 W  - 36 L actually now 63W - 37 L's !!  

Dorsey record , 14 W - 4 L in the regular season Not to bad for his first season .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

McDermott record , 62 W  - 36 L actually now 63W - 37 L's !!  

Literally means nothing. His side of the ball has never been good when it counted. Awful at challenges/game management. Carried by Allen. We've won in spite of him more times than I can count 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

The way the offense ran yesterday is exactly how I wanted the Bills offense to be for years.  Dominate TOP playing a possession style move the chains offense and make the other QB sit on the bench.  So efficient.   

I will personally be super happy if they can keep it up.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’ll stick with my dislike of Dorsey’s in game play calling. I’m happy they played a complete game and learned some lessons. But I refuse to get too hyped over beating up on the lowly raiders with their coach who won’t even play hunter Renfrow because he doesn’t fit the scheme. That team is a disaster waiting to be put out of their misery already. 

29 minutes ago, T master said:

GO BILLS !! 

Just waiting for OP to say he’s messing with all of us.

I refuse to believe he’s serious after a win against a team we were heavily favored to beat in week 2.

• Haha (+1) 1

Not down on either, but Dorsey's offense is looking much the same as last year. Even when they score a bunch of points they still look disjointed. There's no rhythm like there was with Daboll most of the time. As long as they win games, it's not a huge deal. I think it is a play calling style, though 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

you’d think after 80 games, you wouldn’t need to keep re learning the same lessons. 

will be interesting to see how long it sticks 

I'll give Dorsey credit here. For 2 straight weeks he had a good game plan. Week 1 we saw it working early and then the plan kinda went out the window. Dallas used the same gameplan against the Jets and didn't waver. And it worked without issue. 

Week 2 was the same plan in the passing game with more run game/under center mixed in . Worked well. Yes, some play calls were not the best but the overall plan was spot on. 

It's just 2 weeks however I feel there has been progress from last year. Washington this week will be a solid test as they do have a nice defense. The other thing I need to see from Dorsey going forward is what happens and how he adjusts when his gameplan doesn't work early. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not down on either, but Dorsey's offense is looking much the same as last year. Even when they score a bunch of points they still look disjointed. There's no rhythm like there was with Daboll most of the time. As long as they win games, it's not a huge deal. I think it is a play calling style, though 

Strongly disagree.

The Bills had 3 TD drives yesterday that each went for over 6 minutes of game time. The longest was over 9 minutes. They picked up 29 first downs on 74ish plays. That's over a first down every 3rd play. After the 3 and out to start the game their drives consisted of 7, 8, 15, 9 and 11 play drives. That's rhythm. 

As far as the offense looking the same...are you ignoring the much higher percentage of 12 personal being run? Or the much higher rate of Allen going under center? The shorter "take what the D gives you" passing game vs last years deep balls for all offense? The actual usage of RBs and a few screens. This offense looks very little like last years IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you’d think after 80 games, you wouldn’t need to keep re learning the same lessons. 

will be interesting to see how long it sticks 

Well possibly the best NFL - QB ever weather a Bills fan would like to admit it or not Tom Brady or TB 12 had 6 - 4 interception games in his career do you think he may have learned anything each time he had those games .

Also TB 12 lost 84 games in his career you think he may have learned anything from those games ? 251 wins in 23 years in the NFL 

Josh has a 52 W & 25 loss in his career he only has 59 more losses to tie TB 12's record for losses so only Josh has 52 wins in 5 seasons .

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Pretty sure I defended Dorsey and laid all the balme on Josh after week 1. I'm pretty sure over the offseason I was unsure how Dorsey would incorporate Kincaid but was open to see how it turned out.

As for McD I've been a perennial skeptic for years and only an AFC Championship will change my mind. Nothing against the human being. He seems like a fine person. Just still don't trust him when it really matters. To his credit he has found the right balance of being aggressive on offense. His time management is reasonable.  Just worried he will choke away victory again. 

So to answer the OP, nothing has changed for me.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Wow I'm not sure how you came away from yesterday still thinking the offense was disjointed. Perhaps it was all the success they had running the ball which sometimes just means a 3 yard gain. 

It's still early and they will face better defenses but long sustained drives using multiple receivers and 3 backs is a recipe for success.  Add the fact all this running and dink and dunk goes on tape. Sooner or later the big play opportunity will come back as defenses try to commit to stopping the short stuff. What they put on take yesterday will pay dividends in weeks to  come.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, cgg716 said:

Literally means nothing. His side of the ball has never been good when it counted. Awful at challenges/game management. Carried by Allen. We've won in spite of him more times than I can count 

I don’t have the stats in front of me, but the Bills have had a top 5 defense in most every metric for the last 3 years…Might just be me but that’s not bad…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean. We’re all Bills fans regardless. So we absolutely can jump up and down and cheer the TDs and the wins when they happen.

At the same time someone can be critical of what they believe this team can or should do. 

Most people, even if they were critical of McD and/or Dorsey, I’d imagine still believed this team would win at least 10 games if not more, regardless. 

and I’d say maybe you should take your own advice and just wait and see how things shake out. It’s a long season. Plenty of rhinos could happen. They could lost the next 5 games in a row and how would that look? Or… they could go all the way to the Super Bowl and lose it in another .13 seconds like scenario and we’d all likely be all over the coaching staff. 

bottom line, it’s a long season. I’m sure even those that are not optimistic over this coaching staff would agree that they want them to succeed no matter what. 

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Strongly disagree.

The Bills had 3 TD drives yesterday that each went for over 6 minutes of game time. The longest was over 9 minutes. They picked up 29 first downs on 74ish plays. That's over a first down every 3rd play. After the 3 and out to start the game their drives consisted of 7, 8, 15, 9 and 11 play drives. That's rhythm. 

As far as the offense looking the same...are you ignoring the much higher percentage of 12 personal being run? Or the much higher rate of Allen going under center? The shorter "take what the D gives you" passing game vs last years deep balls for all offense? The actual usage of RBs and a few screens. This offense looks very little like last years IMO.

It’s not really 12 personnel if Kincaid is split out in the slot. It’s the same as 11, just with a guy called a TE out there.

Edited by FireChans

The team wasted two TOs in the 2nd half because they didn't hustle to the line.  Another poster pointed out that McD could have challenged the spot on a Damien Harris 3rd down run on the goal line, since he used a timeout anyway.  Small mistakes, but luckily they didn't cost us anything.

Bottom line is that only a Super Bowl win will erase the stank of the Houston 2nd half, 13 seconds, and the utter failure against the Bengals.  I'm on record, McD will not get us there.  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Strongly disagree.

That's not rhythm. Rhythm is timing and methodical gains. It's an aspect of play calling.

Like I said, I like the points being scored. I love the two TE sets. But I'm not talking about that stuff. I'm talking about the rhythm of the offense.

It's had a very different feel to it with Dorsey and it's possible that having wonky rhythm leads to more turnovers. But they still score a ton of points, I think it was still a top 3 offense last year? However, in close games I think the lack of rhythm doesn't help.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Wow I'm not sure how you came away from yesterday still thinking the offense was disjointed. Perhaps it was all the success they had running the ball which sometimes just means a 3 yard gain. 

It's still early and they will face better defenses but long sustained drives using multiple receivers and 3 backs is a recipe for success.  Add the fact all this running and dink and dunk goes on tape. Sooner or later the big play opportunity will come back as defenses try to commit to stopping the short stuff. What they put on take yesterday will pay dividends in weeks to  come.

I think people are not understanding what rhythm means in regards to play calling.

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I don’t have the stats in front of me, but the Bills have had a top 5 defense in most every metric for the last 3 years…Might just be me but that’s not bad…

And every single big game they get cooked. KC HOU and the Bengals in the playoffs just to name a few. I don't care how many times they stop mac Jones. If the offense doesn't put teams in quick holes, our D never bails them out. 

4 hours ago, T master said:

It was only a few nuts and fruits going that far. 

Few said get rid of them, plenty said they sucked.

The true haters and overreactors will wait quietly or the next chance and wildly overreact and hate again. It's their nature.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

And every single big game they get cooked. KC HOU and the Bengals in the playoffs just to name a few. I don't care how many times they stop mac Jones. If the offense doesn't put teams in quick holes, our D never bails them out. 

Sorry, man, just flat-out untrue.

"every" big game? Just a dumb lie.

Season games aganst KC are huge games. So were all the playoff games they've won last few years.

So that's just dumb, said for effect.

Yes, they haven't won a Super Bowl. That puts them, each year, in the same boat with 31 other teams.

35 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That's not rhythm. Rhythm is timing and methodical gains. It's an aspect of play calling.

Like I said, I like the points being scored. I love the two TE sets. But I'm not talking about that stuff. I'm talking about the rhythm of the offense.

It's had a very different feel to it with Dorsey and it's possible that having wonky rhythm leads to more turnovers. But they still score a ton of points, I think it was still a top 3 offense last year? However, in close games I think the lack of rhythm doesn't help.

I think people are not understanding what rhythm means in regards to play calling.

That's because rhythm is subjective.

People generally start talking about rhythm when a team is successful. It doesn't really mean anything much more than successful with consistency.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

People generally start talking about rhythm when a team is successful. It doesn't really mean anything much more than successful with consistency.

I think there are metrics that can be used to measure rhythm, like a QBs release time, drive time, play clock management, etc. I don't think it's totally subjective and could be analyzed.

Rhythm doesn't determine overall success, but I'm sure it helps in the microscale game situations that contribute to wins and losses for the offense.

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Sorry, man, just flat-out untrue.

"every" big game? Just a dumb lie.

Season games aganst KC are huge games. So were all the playoff games they've won last few years.

So that's just dumb, said for effect.

Yes, they haven't won a Super Bowl. That puts them, each year, in the same boat with 31 other teams.

The only playoff games they won where the D played well were Baltimore and NE. And NE was more of a case of a bumrush by the offense, kinda like yesterday.  Awful against the Colts in a W, and utterly lifeless more times than I can count in regular season games. To boot completely unable to stop the run, year after year, and the earmarks of this year being even worse in that regard are thrre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.