To All You Dorsey/McD Haters What Say You Now ?

T master

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

We should be 2-0 and we are 1-1. That is underachieving. Come back after 8 games. If we the Bills are worse than 6-2 that will also be a disappointment. If we miss the 1 seed by 1 game, then yes the Jets loss sucks. If we miss the playoffs altogether then it is a huge disappointment. Anything less than an AFC championship game will be a let down. Just the reality of where this team should be at. So when you play a stinker and your game looks like the smell, then you can criticize everyone. There are no free passes unless its game 17 and your resting your whole roster. 

and are we 1-1 because of coaching or play on the field? I'd go with the latter as the offense has been great in 6 of 8 quarters this season, the two they were poor in were ones the starting QB admitted he was at fault. 

• Like (+1) 1

The jets game was disjointed, primarily because preseason games are no longer used to ready the starting offense, they barely play, and come the first game they were still ironing out the wrinkles, and it showed.  

2nd game, they got serious, and played the way they should have in the first game, let’s see how this progresses through the early parts of the season, and if Josh continues to play “smart” and take advantage of his weapons.  

3rd, Dorsey needs to continue to game plan and sequence his play calls correctly for each opponent.

I think that Josh embarrassing himself thoroughly in the Jets game will have a lasting effect on his decision making for the better, and that will be beneficial to the teams end goals, jmo. 

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

and are we 1-1 because of coaching or play on the field? I'd go with the latter as the offense has been great in 6 of 8 quarters this season, the two they were poor in were ones the starting QB admitted he was at fault. 

I would say its a combo. Allen struggled the Jets game but the play calling was also questionable. It feels like Dorsey is still figuring things out. McD had a few goofs in week 1 and week 2 was better and happy to see him taking chances. But end of the day if your players dont show up to play that does fall on the coaches. Cant say we had a great plan but the players didnt execute, that is on you fair or unfair. 

20 hours ago, T master said:

So after the Jets game & even before that there were those here that wanted to fire McD, Dorsey, & start all over they said that the Bills would never win anything with McD & that Dorsey wasn't the answer also that Josh wasn't the QB he use to be !

Josh Allen was not the QB we loved 2020-mid-2022 in the Jets game. The game planning by coaches was fine. That loss was squarely on him.

In the reverse, Josh doesn't play as patiently as he did against the Raiders which was heartening to see. Both games are a single data point each and too early to draw conclusions. But in both games, Dorsey's schemes & play calls looked sound with only a couple of head scratchers. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Josh Allen was not the QB we loved 2020-mid-2022 in the Jets game. The game planning by coaches was fine. That loss was squarely on him.

In the reverse, Josh doesn't play as patiently as he did against the Raiders which was heartening to see. Both games are a single data point each and too early to draw conclusions. But in both games, Dorsey's schemes & play calls looked sound with only a couple of head scratchers. 

The thing is josh always does josh s#$! and it honestly wasn't any different vs LVR. It's just that when josh did josh stuff it worked out. There were at least a few head scratchers in the LVR game. I mean the touch down pass to davis into triple coverage could have easily been an interception, but it wasn't. There was the bad decision to chuck it up while being hit that resulted in an actual interception but sort of "Saved by the bell" moment as there was a defensive hold called on the play. 

Again, 2-3 plays in a game can make all the difference. In the case vs LVR, they went josh allen's way (as they tend to do). Against the jets, they did not go allens way and to top it off had the bone-headed miss snapped/bobble/fumble scenario that sealed the deal. Still, even in that game, josh led a tying drive with under 2 minutes left and you can hardly blame him for the opening sequence of overtime or the resulting special teams blunder on the punt return for TD (or the missed ref call on the play for the leg whip).

Fact is allen's completion % was pretty awesome vs jets and had a solid first half, he didn't have many bad throws but the 3 that resulted in interceptions and the final fumble that sealed the deal was enough to lose the game. You can be 25/28 passing but if the 3 are interceptions that take points away or give points to the other team you're in trouble.

Edited by BillsFan692

18 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I'm not sold on McD. He will still get a brain fart in the post season. It happened the last 3 years now.

If i remember though 1 the 13 second game was on the D coordinator or who ever it was that called that D in that situation & last season with all that had went down during the year 

Damar dying on the field 

Mrs. Pegula almost dying 

Knox brother passing away 

Blizzard having to move games 

Multiple starting players injured 

Von, Mika, Poyer, Damar, Phillips, Jones (in the play off game) Brown, Doyle, Crowder, Kumero Tre not fully back from ACL, Rossuea ankle .

Enter players that haven't been on the roster John Brown & Beasley .

Then those that were dinged through out the season . Just in the last row was 10 players so i feel that with all or most of those players either gone or trying to gut it out in the last game of the year   then they wind up with a 13 & 3 record to make it to the play offs ...

This is just me but i'd say that's pretty dam good coaching just to get them to that point but then i suppose you & others will tell me i'm wrong in my thoughts on this . Sure they are professionals but they are also human . 

So there's 2 seasons with good reason for missing the AFC Championship game so only 1 season out of the last 3 as you said that they were completely heathy and lost due to their own fault .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2

i think dorsey has been good this season.  obv a couple bad ones, but overall called plays that had our team on cruise control to win both games.

i really like how the d looks w what mcd is doing.  and i like how mcd was aggressive in a fairly smart way.  i get he maybe shoulda gone for it on the first scoring drive vs the jets, but w rogers out against that d, i see why you take the points where they are.

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Sorry, remind me, did he say they played lousy in "every big game except play off games with Baltimore and NE, and bumrush games"? Or did he say in "every game"? That's right, he said it was in "every game." Nonsense.

And the fact is the D was a huge factor in that Colts win in the playoffs. Huge. The Colts got the ball on their final drive with 2:30 left, down by a field goal. Plenty of time and a great chance. And couldn't move the ball against our defense, ended up throwing a hail mary from the 47. Forced them into a 13 play slow, unproductive drive, it was absolutely excellent play.

And now you are doing the same thing, throwing out hogwash as if it's true. The Bills aren't "completely unable to stop the run, year after year." That's utter crap. All you have to do is look at how Jacobs did yesterday to know that's simply not true, nine carries for -2 yards. The Raiders went 15 carries for 55 yards, 3.7 YPC. But you don't have to stop there. The YPA stats show year after year we're good against the run. 13th best last year, 11th best the year before. Bad in 2020, 6th worst, 13th best in 2019. 

We're actually generally above average at run D.

Nah, he's a great coach, genuinely great. 

Not elite. He's still got things to prove, but he's absolutely top 5 - 7 or so.

Despite all the capital spent on D over the years, and having a defensive HC, good Qbs have toasted us for years. As far as the run goes, gotta absolutely pack the box to stop the run, leads to negative plays, but also stuff like the Breece Hall run. Can't get anything done with 4 at all, this D is the same story but worse

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Fine. What's the ratio? 30/20/40? With the remaining 10 for number of delay of game penalties?

Remind me, where did the Bills rank last year in rhythm in the NFL? Were they 22nd? 17th?

You're doing an excellent job proving my point. It doesn't exist except as a vague generalization, basically meaning consistently successful.

You're on the right path, but it doesn't mean consistently successful. That's where you all are getting confused I assume.

7 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Our gameplan in the first half of the Jets was very good. But I think because of the hype and bright lights, Josh decided to go off script. And besides the opening drive v the Raiders, the whole game offensively was perfect. So yes 6 out of 8 quarters proved to me Dorsey's plan can work. Believe in the value of the short passing game. Believe in your RB's and the deeper passes will come.

Dorsey does still need to add motion,  misdirection and screens to his playbook. We're lacking in these 3 important areas. And stick Josh behind C more.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The jets game was disjointed, primarily because preseason games are no longer used to ready the starting offense, they barely play, and come the first game they were still ironing out the wrinkles, and it showed.  

2nd game, they got serious, and played the way they should have in the first game, let’s see how this progresses through the early parts of the season, and if Josh continues to play “smart” and take advantage of his weapons.  

3rd, Dorsey needs to continue to game plan and sequence his play calls correctly for each opponent.

I think that Josh embarrassing himself thoroughly in the Jets game will have a lasting effect on his decision making for the better, and that will be beneficial to the teams end goals, jmo. 

GO BILLS!!!

Your positivity is contagious. Damn you Man !

Go Bills ! 

6 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Reserving judgement to see how the season ends.

That's entirely too patient  Live for the Day !

• Haha (+1) 1

It was the raiders. 

Sure they called a serviceable, maybe even very good, game. 

But with our roster, we should be able to beat that team with both coaches at home. 

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves either way. They did well Sunday. I’ll give them that. But that was 6 days after losing to the ZW Jets. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 2

On 9/19/2023 at 7:32 AM, BuffBillsForLife said:

I for one look forward to an entire season of ridiculous knee jerk topics after every single win/loss.

They're 1-1 and looked bad in one game and good in one game.  Tension will remain high until they're 3-1.

I follow the in game threads for knee jerk reactions after every play. They are hilarious and almost as entertaining as the game itself. 

16 hours ago, LV Bills fan said:

I follow the in game threads for knee jerk reactions after every play. They are hilarious and almost as entertaining as the game itself. 

I tend to agree, but honestly, this board is so popular, I can't even come close to keeping up with the GD thread....I look up to watch a play, and then look back down at my tablet, and I'm 3-4 pages behind! 😂

• Agree 1

On 9/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, T master said:

So after the Jets game & even before that there were those here that wanted to fire McD, Dorsey, & start all over they said that the Bills would never win anything with McD & that Dorsey wasn't the answer also that Josh wasn't the QB he use to be !

They had absolutely no faith in the possibility of the second year OC fitting the new personal into the scheme & being successful or would they even seem to want to give him a chance .

But then yesterday what happened 38 to 10 VICTORY ! The D held last years NFL rushing leader to -2 yds for the ENTIRE GAME & the Raiders only had the 3 possessions in the second half . But those that SUCK so bad led the team to a 38 to 10 VICTORY !! 

Despite being a New season with New players, some new coaches it's the same old S**T no one sees any silver lining any where or the possibility of them being better just complain & fire every body because they suck  . I wonder how high they were jumping in the air while watching the boys score the way they did while watching the game ?

I don't get it ! How about this ? How about lets see how it plays out . I bet if they were to go all the way & all the haters jumped on board during the run to a championship but alas they would still find something to B**CH about .

I listened to Josh on his post game interview & if you go listen to it on the Bills app he said "I love feeling like I did last week, because it motivates me to be better & I learn from the experience" his out look on losing is so much more mature than many here .

I just hope the haters here learned something from the game & how the Bills as a hole bounced back and played better than the game against the Jets & the Jets didn't look nearly as good as they did against the Bills . Even with that said there were only a few plays in the Jets game that if played just a bit better the game would have been a W instead of a L .

And i would be willing to bet with what the Bills learned from the mistakes they made in the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR that the out come of the next game against the Jets will be a bit different . And the team will be better for it in the long run .

GO BILLS !! 

How about 2 out of 3?

On 9/18/2023 at 6:21 PM, T master said:

McDermott record , 62 W  - 36 L actually now 63W - 37 L's !!  

Dorsey record , 14 W - 4 L in the regular season Not too bad for his first season .

I’m tired of being regular season warriors.

Show me the F*CKING BABY!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 9/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, T master said:

They had absolutely no faith in the possibility of the second year OC fitting the new personal into the scheme & being successful or would they even seem to want to give him a chance .

But then yesterday what happened 38 to 10 VICTORY ! The D held last years NFL rushing leader to -2 yds for the ENTIRE GAME & the Raiders only had the 3 possessions in the second half . But those that SUCK so bad led the team to a 38 to 10 VICTORY !! 

Despite being a New season with New players, some new coaches it's the same old S**T no one sees any silver lining any where or the possibility of them being better just complain & fire every body because they suck  . I wonder how high they were jumping in the air while watching the boys score the way they did while watching the game ?

I don't get it ! How about this ? How about lets see how it plays out . I bet if they were to go all the way & all the haters jumped on board during the run to a championship but alas they would still find something to B**CH about .

I listened to Josh on his post game interview & if you go listen to it on the Bills app he said "I love feeling like I did last week, because it motivates me to be better & I learn from the experience" his out look on losing is so much more mature than many here .

I just hope the haters here learned something from the game & how the Bills as a hole bounced back and played better than the game against the Jets & the Jets didn't look nearly as good as they did against the Bills . Even with that said there were only a few plays in the Jets game that if played just a bit better the game would have been a W instead of a L .

And i would be willing to bet with what the Bills learned from the mistakes they made in the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR that the out come of the next game against the Jets will be a bit different . And the team will be better for it in the long run .

GO BILLS !! 

I still think McD is a trash can of a coach. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, T master said:

I get it but patience is a virtue . Besides how soon we forget what was !! Well we do live in a world of instant gratification ..

unfortunately, you already exhibited enough patience to not realize we have already finished our greatest opportunity to win a championship and did so without a ring. 

from here we will be a contender as long as we have Josh but unless we hit a generational draft, or make a major shift in coaching - it’s going to be the same guys trying to win it all at lower odds than when they already failed. 

McD is a pretty good coach and has a place in the league but I don’t think he’s a dynasty coach 

Josh Allen is absolutely in the elite tier and can be a dynasty player 

Dorsey looks like a guy that is the weakest link in the chain. He has an upper echelon team with the basics of his system already set up for him in advance. It looks like the play at several positions has gotten sloppier, guys are sometimes missing situational awareness, and the play calling can be a mixed bag in big moments. The unit lacks an identity beyond “Josh Allen is our quarterback!”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

23 hours ago, Buckets said:

How about 2 out of 3?

I understand Josh is spinning the disappointment of that first game to try to control the criticism but if he truly uses the negative of bad results as his motivation than the 13 sec  fiasco and bad taste should have easily motivated a better result to last year's efforts.  However even Josh cannot overcome injury to himself or those of his supporting cast on offense like the lingering high ankle sprain of Davis last year. However if the 1st game was impacted by a possible concussion, seems very likely that Josh knows he was effected by a hit that had him spiral away from what was working albeit not a quick method to be patient and in his muddled mind felt he needed to get the team on his back as more errors derailed the Bills.  

This is where a dominant oline would give a competitor like Allen the confidence to say hey  I'm hurt and  the game being an important divisional game let the bu finish it.  It's not likely that any backup to Allen will pose a challenge to his roster spit for many seasons unless he fails to çorrect the miscues.  This also includes knowing when he can hurt the team because he's not right.  I often wonder if keenum  left his backup spot because Allen refused to take a few games to rest his injury where it may have benefitted his play in the latter portion of the reg season and in playoffs where stakes are higher.  

16 hours ago, NoSaint said:

unfortunately, you already exhibited enough patience to not realize we have already finished our greatest opportunity to win a championship and did so without a ring. 

from here we will be a contender as long as we have Josh but unless we hit a generational draft, or make a major shift in coaching - it’s going to be the same guys trying to win it all at lower odds than when they already failed. 

Here's where I disagree. When you look at the current top tier teams in the AFC, some have had many draft picks in the top 15. Using the Bengals as the easiest example,  they have a short time left to be considered elite as the check is coming due on their years of top 5 picks. They aren't keeping all their offensive weapons.  They have solid young guys in their secondary that are going to leave.  They will not have to do a complete rebuild, but will need a reset in the next 2 years. 

The Bills made their bones from the middle of the pack and not the basement and have shown since McDermott and Beane have been here (outside of Allen's rookie year) that they will stay competitive with late picks. 

Teams like Cincy haven't had to prove that aspect yet,  but will very soon and when that happens,  I believe we are positioned to remain in the top tier of AFC teams. Because of our draft position since 2017, I'm confident we will continue to be successful.  Allen had shown the ability to carry the Bills to the playoffs with cast-offs. Tua and Burrow haven't. 

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, T master said:

I get it but patience is a virtue . Besides how soon we forget what was !! Well we do live in a world of instant gratification ..

Patience?  I’m 52-years-old. 

There is no instant gratification here. 

Our best chance at winning a Super Bowl in the Allen era was fuct by inept coaching (13 secs). Just like the Kelly-era Bills. 

I’ve been patient. 

We’ve had an elite QB for six years and haven’t even gotten TO the Super Bowl. 

Show. Me. The. Mother. F*cking.  Baby. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Here's where I disagree. When you look at the current top tier teams in the AFC, some have had many draft picks in the top 15. Using the Bengals as the easiest example,  they have a short time left to be considered elite as the check is coming due on their years of top 5 picks. They aren't keeping all their offensive weapons.  They have solid young guys in their secondary that are going to leave.  They will not have to do a complete rebuild, but will need a reset in the next 2 years. 

The Bills made their bones from the middle of the pack and not the basement and have shown since McDermott and Beane have been here (outside of Allen's rookie year) that they will stay competitive with late picks. 

Teams like Cincy haven't had to prove that aspect yet,  but will very soon and when that happens,  I believe we are positioned to remain in the top tier of AFC teams. Because of our draft position since 2017, I'm confident we will continue to be successful.  Allen had shown the ability to carry the Bills to the playoffs with cast-offs. Tua and Burrow haven't. 

here’s where you’ve missed it: some other team will replace the bengals with a rookie contract qb lighting it up, just like the bengals backfilled the chiefs, and the eagles are backfilling that. 

we will be in the mature roster category and a pipeline of other teams will be in the best window they will ever have- and we will have to leap frog them

its not just the bengals and chiefs in 3 years- it’s the team that is just starting to frame up today to make the run soon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

here’s where you’ve missed it: some other team will replace the bengals with a rookie contract qb lighting it up, just like the bengals backfilled the chiefs, and the eagles are backfilling that. 

we will be in the mature roster category and a pipeline of other teams will be in the best window they will ever have- and we will have to leap frog them

its not just the bengals and chiefs in 3 years- it’s the team that is just starting to frame up today to make the run soon.

San Fransisco. They have the cheapest starting QB in the league so they can just load up in every other area.

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Patience?  I’m 52-years-old. 

There is no instant gratification here. 

Our best chance at winning a Super Bowl in the Allen era was fuct by inept coaching (13 secs). Just like the Kelly-era Bills. 

I’ve been patient. 

We’ve had an elite QB for six years and haven’t even gotten TO the Super Bowl. 

Show. Me. The. Mother. F*cking.  Baby. 

I suspect 52 sounds pretty good to a lot of us right now.    😋

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The Chiefs are similar to the Bills recipe. They don't have a bunch of 1st round players to pay. 

Also, look at Chicago,  Cleveland,  Arizona,  NY Jets, and the list goes on for teams that pick QBs high and set their team back 7 years. 

19 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

San Fransisco. They have the cheapest starting QB in the league so they can just load up in every other area.

San Fran dodged a bullet with Lance by lucking into Purdy. But Purdy has no 5th year option.  Going to get expensive sooner and that's my point. Purdy has 2 years after this season.

Edited by loyal2dagame

2 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

The Chiefs are similar to the Bills recipe. They don't have a bunch of 1st round players to pay. 

Also, look at Chicago,  Cleveland,  Arizona,  NY Jets, and the list goes on for teams that pick QBs high and set their team back 7 years. 

San Fran dodged a bullet with Lance by lucking into Purdy. But Purdy has no 5th year option.  Going to get expensive sooner and that's my point. Purdy has 2 years after this season.

your right… all the good young qbs came out 3-6 years ago. None are currently coming out or will in the next few years. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.