To All You Dorsey/McD Haters What Say You Now ?

T master

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Patience?  I’m 52-years-old. 

There is no instant gratification here. 

Our best chance at winning a Super Bowl in the Allen era was fuct by inept coaching (13 secs). Just like the Kelly-era Bills. 

I’ve been patient. 

We’ve had an elite QB for six years and haven’t even gotten TO the Super Bowl. 

Show. Me. The. Mother. F*cking.  Baby. 

Dammit dude i'm 62 & seen all of the Bills blunders like you and would love to see them bring home the trophy but i would rather have a team that has a chance to win it all every year than a team like in the drought that can't even sniff the play offs .

You may want to take up smoking weed it does chill you out or maybe take some classes or something . Just saying .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/18/2023 at 8:32 PM, Thurman#1 said:

Which one? Release time? Drive time? Play clock management?

Exactly. You don't know. Nobody knows. It's subjective. It's one of the things people say when teams are consistently moving. The game has rhythm because of the play clock. For teams that are succeeding or failing. It's one of those things that feel right and sound right but don't really mean anything.

Yeah. Thing is people hated Daboll's play-calling too. He was loved widely around the league and there was a large group here attacking him every time something went wrong.

Nobody like to attack the QB or the players. The OC is traditionally the scapegoat. It's how it all works.

There is such a thing as bad play-calling. Can't remember the guy but one of our OCs around 10 years ago was found to be consistently going run-run-pass like 80% of the time. That's moronic. But beyond absolute predictability, good plays can be botched by bad execution and bad plays can be saved by bad execution and it's execution that's more generally to blame for bad performance.

Oh, and beating bad teams happens often. Beating them by 28 points is pretty rare. Holding even bad teams to 10 points is terrific play. Scoring 38 yourself? Not common. It was a great game by the Bills. The last one was pretty awful. We shouldn't forget how awful Allen in particular played in that game. But this game was terrific.

Right right. Coaching gets targeted—they’re more expendable than difference making players. The truth is usually within the extremes with coaching. Though it would be nice to live with a top ten coach of all time and see how we all stay in that marriage without saying something we regret 🌞 

I know you’re joking about who the run/run/pass OC was in Buffalo, but there are Bills diehards that believe to the bone that coaching ruined JP Loseman’s potential multi pro bowl career. I don’t believe that, but to your point, coaching gets an unfair amount of shame when things aren’t working out. 

I try to be specific to what Dorsey does when I need to fit my Dorsey Sucks narrative. I should love everything about him.. with his college playing career, sufficient NFL locker room experience as a backup, etc. And in my personal life I try to bring friends and family down from the ledge when they think Josh Allen should be perfect on every single play. 

I don’t think I’m being unreasonable about the two plays that bug me. I’m sure there are actually more and I missed them — two TE bunched and split right with no creativity at all and that proved to be exactly true because the DBs played better WR than our guys and the throws never had a chance. Then that chicken ***** hard count on 4th and an inch (or was it 3rd down.. I can’t reminder now). I just hate the cheap feel of that. At some point, you’re gonna Have to pretend you’re better than them and play like it. Like on 4th and an inch. If you’re not bullying the Raiders on every play because of some weak gimmick crap, I’m not happy about it. 38-10.. 58-10.. the score is not my problem here. 

To be honest with you, and maybe I’m the only one, I hold my breath on every short yardage bunch formation center/QB exchange. The Minnesota game will do that to a man. For good reason.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/18/2023 at 4:50 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

As for McD I've been a perennial skeptic for years and only an AFC Championship will change my mind. Nothing against the human being. He seems like a fine person. Just still don't trust him when it really matters. To his credit he has found the right balance of being aggressive on offense. His time management is reasonable.  Just worried he will choke away victory again. 

So to answer the OP, nothing has changed for me.

7 pages of discussing playoff failures, 13 seconds, this coach isn't good enough... I can't (won't) change my mind until we win a championship...

Rather than damn the future based on the past, how about looking at possible reasons why the Bills will break through rather than simply disqualifying the possibility.

For instance, not a single person in 7 pages has mentioned the dismissal (believe what you want) of Leslie Frasier.

If you believe that McDermottisms such as "Trust the process," "The Daily Habit of Excellence" etc are just empty words that's fine.

But he's assumed the challenge of erasing past defensive failures by taking sole responsibility of the defense. Is this "same ole same ole?"

And by the same token, why would people assume that someone like Ken Dorsey who is enormously accomplished in football, would be unable to grow, learn, develop, and improve?

On 9/19/2023 at 12:02 PM, T master said:

If i remember though 1 the 13 second game was on the D coordinator or who ever it was that called that D in that situation & last season with all that had went down during the year 

Damar dying on the field 

Mrs. Pegula almost dying 

Knox brother passing away 

Blizzard having to move games 

Multiple starting players injured 

Von, Mika, Poyer, Damar, Phillips, Jones (in the play off game) Brown, Doyle, Crowder, Kumero Tre not fully back from ACL, Rossuea ankle .

Enter players that haven't been on the roster John Brown & Beasley .

Then those that were dinged through out the season . Just in the last row was 10 players so i feel that with all or most of those players either gone or trying to gut it out in the last game of the year   then they wind up with a 13 & 3 record to make it to the play offs ...

This is just me but i'd say that's pretty dam good coaching just to get them to that point but then i suppose you & others will tell me i'm wrong in my thoughts on this . Sure they are professionals but they are also human . 

So there's 2 seasons with good reason for missing the AFC Championship game so only 1 season out of the last 3 as you said that they were completely heathy and lost due to their own fault .

In addition to the above, I believe the Tops shooting on the East Side also profoundly affected the Bills organization. Most of these guys are black.

I'm guessing most of us aren't.

On 9/21/2023 at 4:58 PM, Gugny said:

Patience?  I’m 52-years-old. 

There is no instant gratification here. 

Our best chance at winning a Super Bowl in the Allen era was fuct by inept coaching (13 secs). Just like the Kelly-era Bills. 

I’ve been patient. 

We’ve had an elite QB for six years and haven’t even gotten TO the Super Bowl. 

Show. Me. The. Mother. F*cking.  Baby. 

cry me a river...

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

But he's assumed the challenge of erasing past defensive failures by taking sole responsibility of the defense. Is this "same ole same ole?"

I don't know what's going on in this thread, I just poked my head in out of boredom and read a few posts. 

As to this season, we'll have to see.  We've traditionally been an emotional team that typically comes out its strongest in the home opener and up front.  Consider last season where we came out of the gate swinging and obliterated both the Rams and Titans.  The talk was all about us waltzing our way to a Championship.  

Obviously that didn't happen and in the aftermath we learned that neither the Rams or Titans were any good that season.  

The Raiders have a good offense but not a good D.  Last season they were a bottom-four D.  

The point, ... we need a half season of performance before we start drawing further conclusions.  We're easily headed for the most difficult schedule McD has ever had here in Buffalo.  If he can go 12-5+ and win the division, it'll be impressive unless our Defense isn't a top-10 D and it's all on the success of the O.  

By the end of the season however, the Jets (w/o Rodgers), Raiders, and Skins are likely to be among the worst four or five teams on our schedule though.  The Giants, Denver and Tampa are the other contenders.  

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I would say hold your horses tbh

I'm as big a fan of Allen and Dorsey as you're likely to find and I don't think beating up on a bad Raiders defense is necessarily a sign that everything is well on offense. They are still issues on the line in pass pro that will get exposed 

The positive about the OL is that we finally appear to have five consistent starters that will be seeing 100% or close to 100% of the snaps.  It's a far cry from rotating OL-men in and out during games on a regular basis.  The chemistry difference from years past should be palpable.  

Agree on the sentiment otherwise.  We'll see how things progress, or possibly don't.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.