Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Wasn't talking about Diggs; talking about your sexist comment!

I apologize. I was trying to make a humorous link between Diggs getting a woman fired and his alleged love of strip bars. I was wrong. It's my fault, not Glab's or Diggs'. I will try to be a better poster and am currently seeking therapy for my toxic masculinity.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Get a grip. LOL, way to step up and reply to someone when they don't agree with you.

I stated my opinion...the people who need to 'get a grip' are the Diggs brothers who felt the need to reply the way they did to this almost non-story, and You, who has to tell others to 'get a grip' because it must give your ego a much needed victory lap to be able to talk to others that way.

Learn how to respond to people in a non confrontational way. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-trevon-diggs-brother-trade-stefon-buffalo-bills-hurtful-safe

You clearly posted "what you don't like" and continued to put down the Diggs Brothers. Yet you get to respond "only because it is there" but they can't?!?? That is why I responded the way I did. This shouldn't be a big story in your words yet you make it one by posting and reacting. Not a big deal but please don't give me your garbage rebuttal when you yourself was the one to post.

I only responded to you because it was there.

All this crap aside - I feel for Diggs. Not a cool thing to happen whatsoever. GO BILLS. we need a win!

23 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This whole thing has turned into a circus at this point 

This is true, but as with most things in the NFL, winning cures all. If the Bills get on a streak all this will be forgotten about (until they get blasted in the playoffs of course).

If the team continues to lose then it will just snowball

• Like (+1) 1

Glab clearly thinks highly of herself to be so comfortable criticizing Diggs with a broad stroke to a room full of reporters.

Maybe Diggs is difficult towards her for some reason and she cannot simply except that. Who knows?

Whatever the case, her on air babble and screechy teen voice wouldn’t be missed.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I didn’t think it was a big deal at the time I heard it. I was expecting much more since the story was starting to gain traction. Calling for Maddy to be fired because Diggs was upset… I mean, I think it’s all a bit much. We live in an era where everyone is uber sensitive and always looking to cry about something. Her comments weren’t so incendiary that it should cost her everything.

We live in an era where if you're offended, you win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

54 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The only portion of this situation that concerns me is the possibility that Diggs allows his brother to mess with his mind and/or attitude.

Diggs brother clearly wants him out of Buffalo.

Agreed and he does, but it also isn't new. He's been doing this for over a year now. People misinterpret this by thinking he's serious and literally telling his brother to get safe, but in reality his bro never really misses an opportunity to crack a "joke" about Stef leaving and joining the Cowboys.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Glab clearly thinks highly of herself enough to be so comfortable criticizing Diggs with a broad stroke to a room full of reporters.

This is not wrong, nor unfair. I work in a large corporate environment. I am a grunt - middle manager. Think of Steph as a VP. He certainly is a VIP. I would not, regardless of my feelings, make a loud and proud assertion or joke about a VP's mannerisms. At times, we have to know our place and shut up.

I wouldn't expect to be fired. But, I would NEVER drop a public f-bomb. Adulting is adulting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

this whole thing is asinine. His brother chiming in on Twitter saying he needs to find a new team. What a narcissistic load of self-absorbed BS. She answered a question honestly, unfortunately there was a hot Mike. We’re talking about a reporter, who, more than likely makes significantly less than $100,000 next to an athlete in the prime of his life making millions.

Diggs seriously needs to get over himself and play ***** football.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterLifer said:

This is not wrong, nor unfair. I work in a large corporate environment. I am a grunt - middle manager. Think of Steph as a VP. He certainly is a VIP. I would not, regardless of my feelings, make a loud and proud assertion or joke about a VP's mannerisms. At times, we have to know our place and shut up.

I wouldn't expect to be fired. But, I would NEVER drop a public f-bomb. Adulting is adulting.

She said "FU"...didn't use the actual word 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Diggs is not a VP. He is an entertainer, which she covers. Reporters talk about their sources all the time. She does not report to Diggs. This is an awful analogy reporters do not report to their sources.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Why do people keep talking like this. Cost her everything? What exactly is the next rung in the Buffalo media ladder? She'll be fine either way

You think she’ll be easily employable by the next team if she’s fired over these comments?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Why do people keep talking like this. Cost her everything? What exactly is the next rung in the Buffalo media ladder? She'll be fine either way

Check out Maddy's IG. She seems to be a pretty privileged and entitled young woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives off a certain vibe with the players off camera that they might not appreciate. And while the first part of her hot mic statement clearly seemed to be a joke in response to what came before it, she crossed the line by saying Diggs "treats everyone that way."  Diggs has a right to be pissed, but for the sake of reducing drama and unneeded distractions, I wish he would have taken the adult route and addressed it with her face-to-face. It would have been easy enough to say, "Maddy, I heard what you said, and I didn't appreciate it.  I try to treat people with respect, and I don't believe I've ever treated you this way."  They could have had a conversation and both come out of it better for it.  Then again, Glab is an idiot both for saying what she did and then for apologizing immediately on Twitter.  Always do these things in person, not over some stupid social media platform that makes it look like you're just trying to save face with the public.  Public retractions never work out for these folks in the end.  It just forever memorializes their misdeeds.  If work needs to be done, do it in private.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

You think she’ll be easily employable by the next team if she’s fired over these comments?

I think she may have to spread out her employment possibilities a bit but I don't think she'll "lose everything". I get the general point but I think "lose everything" is a bit extreme.

Edited by Nelius
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

She sounded tongue in cheek ish on the mic.  Our society is so sensitive. 

I'm actually wondering if she was just jawing, trying to impress the other male sports reporters around her with what she thought was a humorous take.  Speaking as someone from her gender who worked in male dominant professions, it happens especially when you are young and not as "secure."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Check out Maddy's IG. She seems to be a pretty privileged and entitled young woman. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives off a certain vibe with the players off camera that they might not appreciate. And while the first part of her hot mic statement clearly seemed to be a joke in response to what came before it, she crossed the line by saying Diggs "treats everyone that way."  Diggs has a right to be pissed, but for the sake of reducing drama and unneeded distractions, I wish he would have taken the adult route and addressed it with her face-to-face. It would have been easy enough to say, "Maddy, I heard what you said, and I didn't appreciate it.  I try to treat people with respect, and I don't believe I've ever treated you this way."  They could have had a conversation and both come out of it better for it.  Then again, Glab is an idiot both for saying what she did and then for apologizing immediately on Twitter.  Always do these things in person, not over some stupid social media platform that makes it look like you're just trying to save face with the public.  Public retractions never work out for these folks in the end.  It just forever memorializes their misdeeds.  If work needs to be done, do it in private.

But you know how it works in the modern world, everything has to be aired online, no room for forgiveness, instantaneous judgements amidst massive lacks of actual facts, etc.  

It's no fun if everyone takes the rational approach.   /sarcasm  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is part of the social media problem as well. These are just 2 examples I grabbed but there are many more right now. If you don't understand why we are talking about it....it's because those that have the reach decide they want the clicks and interaction despite acting like it's not something we should care about. 

Here is Bradley. Bradley posted this minutes AFTER retweeting all of the Tweets Diggs sent out. But then he just wants to focus on the Bills on the field? Right after he amplified the issue further. Seems rather disingenuous.

Then you have Tim here. Tim thinks the story is ridiculous. So instead of bypassing it he sends this...and then follows it up with no less than 7 follow up interaction tweets. It's a ridiculous story that he's using as the day's Twitter content. In one he even makes it a point to say Diggs could have "let it go" when he himself cannot. Hypocritical?

From here there will be stories written about the whole thing and when the reporters are asked why they keep talking about it they will go on to say it's only because that's what the fans want to talk about so they are addressing it. They lay the framework of what we talk about.

Meanwhile Glab is going to likely be given some form of punishment, perhaps even lose her job. Diggs, who spends a lot of time in "image reconstruction mode" is going to be facing a new batch of narratives. And the Grahams and Gelbers of the world that help push the issue further and make a very small interaction that could have been forgotten about in a few days into a drug out spectacle.

Rather that report on this news, how about asking if there's been any progress on a Gabe Davis extension? How about digging more into why our 1st rounder from last year can't get a jersey on GameDay? How about a million other football related things that actual fans a curious about instead of the easy clicks and interaction? 

Put Timmy on the suspect list of those who could have intentionally left mic on and leaked it 

14 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

This.  

• Agree 2

Some in here acting like Saints...  

I know  if they had a hot mic recording 99% of you all during your normal job activities, there would be a lot of jobless folks

including myself

(And what she said isn't bad at all.  In her eyes, there is truth to it because perception is an opinion. She perceives Diggs as the type of person who treats people as if he is more important)

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I think she may have to spread out her employment possibilities a bit but I don't think she'll "lose everything". I get the general point but I think "lose everything" is a bit extreme.

Exactly.  She'd get plenty of good references about her work, her character, etc..  She may have to leave sports and hit the corporate world in media relations with a company or whatever similar type jobs (Public relations).   She made a mistake and it's not the end of the world.  I guarantee, Stef has offended or hurt more people's feelings over a year than Maddy will offend in her entire life.   She's still a moron though and used poor judgment.  

On 9/13/2023 at 7:13 PM, Reed83HOF said:

You left out the last part, "that's who he treats everyone"

The part 3veryone us overlooking it the other person told Maddy to basically order Stephon to get his ass  òver here as if it is acceptable to treat any other coworker in that fashion.  She correctly surmised the correct response from Diggs or frankly any other coworker would be to tell them FU.  The voice that suggested  Maddy tell steph to get his ass over here is the real piece of work in this scenario.  He should be the one looking for a pink slip as he seems to believe the players shouldn't be respected and can be ordered around at will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We'll definitely find out the status of Glab on Sunday after the game. Will she do the postgame show with Tasker?

I was going to wait for the Maddy awards on Tuesday, but you're right, this is a better indicator.

4 hours ago, eball said:

Everyone who will miss Maddy Glab’s contributions to Buffalo Bills media please raise their hand.

That’s what I thought. 

Hand raised.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

20 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

The BillsVHS guy has been going on and on how this is really about systemic racism.  

He’s still at it.  Bickering with Warrow and Graham now. Demanding that they address the racial stereotype angle. 

4 hours ago, eball said:

Everyone who will miss Maddy Glab’s contributions to Buffalo Bills media please raise their hand.

That’s what I thought. 

I don’t like people having their career ruined after one mistake.  Social media mobs should be resisted also. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

I know  if they had a hot mic recording 99% of you all during your normal job activities, there would be a lot of jobless folks

including myself

(And what she said isn't bad at all.  In her eyes, there is truth to it because perception is an opinion. She perceives Diggs as the type of person who treats people as if he is more important)

Feigning moral superiority earns internet cred these days. But be sure to side with the righteous majority. The goal is validation not discourse after all.   

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

including myself

But we don't work in the media, surrounded by people with recording devices lol. She should know better. 

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Love McKittrick.  Dude does not disappoint here.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

She's plutonium either way.  The only question is how long is the half-life?

52 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Unfortunately, the accusation against her was leveled in public, which required a public response.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.