Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

13 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

All you white knights riding to Maddy’s defense can contribute to her Go Fund Me when she’s on the unemployment line.

I have no idea if she’s good or bad because I don’t listen to Bills Propaganda Reporters (including Sal C). 

What I do know is that if you are a paid member of a franchise’s media team you DO NOT trash the star players even in jest. 

Why? Because some idiot will record it and post it on the internet and YOU become a key player in yet another franchise distraction.

That’s a fireable offense. Period. Has nothing to do with how ridiculous the whole situation is (because it’s really nothing). It’s the sheer idiocy of putting yourself and the team in a bad light when you are PAID by the team.

The white knights couldn’t actually ride in to defend Maddy because you stole all their high horses.

• Haha (+1) 4

On 9/13/2023 at 6:51 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why are people freaking out over this? Lol. 

Clutching pearls over essentially nothing is way cool nowadays, just ask around, 

• Agree 1

On 9/13/2023 at 7:07 PM, stlbills13 said:

There is so much stupid sh.it happening to this team that it's going to end up bringing everyone together in an "us against the world" mentality 

That’s one possibility, it could also lead to a bleep this I’m going home mentality too or just become a distraction and the Bills lose games they shouldn’t.

"he'll look at my face and say F-U, that's how he treats everybody"..  I mean, I don't have anything against Maddy Glab, but that's the kind of thing you say over a plate of wings in a bar while talking to a friend.  You can't risk saying that in the media room.  There are hot mics all over the place in media settings as many broadcasters have found out over the years..

So anyway, if what she said there is an embellished lie, then I think she will no longer be involved on the Bills media team.  And from Diggs' reaction, it seems like he never approached her in that way.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is part of the social media problem as well. These are just 2 examples I grabbed but there are many more right now. If you don't understand why we are talking about it....it's because those that have the reach decide they want the clicks and interaction despite acting like it's not something we should care about. 

Here is Bradley. Bradley posted this minutes AFTER retweeting all of the Tweets Diggs sent out. But then he just wants to focus on the Bills on the field? Right after he amplified the issue further. Seems rather disingenuous.

Then you have Tim here. Tim thinks the story is ridiculous. So instead of bypassing it he sends this...and then follows it up with no less than 7 follow up interaction tweets. It's a ridiculous story that he's using as the day's Twitter content. In one he even makes it a point to say Diggs could have "let it go" when he himself cannot. Hypocritical?

From here there will be stories written about the whole thing and when the reporters are asked why they keep talking about it they will go on to say it's only because that's what the fans want to talk about so they are addressing it. They lay the framework of what we talk about.

Meanwhile Glab is going to likely be given some form of punishment, perhaps even lose her job. Diggs, who spends a lot of time in "image reconstruction mode" is going to be facing a new batch of narratives. And the Grahams and Gelbers of the world that help push the issue further and make a very small interaction that could have been forgotten about in a few days into a drug out spectacle.

Rather that report on this news, how about asking if there's been any progress on a Gabe Davis extension? How about digging more into why our 1st rounder from last year can't get a jersey on GameDay? How about a million other football related things that actual fans a curious about instead of the easy clicks and interaction? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To me this shouldn't be huge story.

I like Diggs as a player, what I don't like is:

1.)  he could have ignored it and not made any comment. Instead he felt the need to let everyone know how hurt he is.

2.) his brother felt the need to say that he has to get somewhere safe??

I follow twitter and social media and these boards because I want to follow news about the team, how they play, game related and practice related stuff.  This junk by the players is what I wish I could not even have presented as something I see. (Yep, I clicked on the thread and responded, just because it is there)

• Dislike 1

OK - she needs to be fired pronto. Very unprofessional. She works for The Bills correct? If so, she needs to be fired today. She isn't very good anyway.

11 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I like Diggs as a player, what I don't like is:

1.)  he could have ignored it and not made any comment. Instead he felt the need to let everyone know how hurt he is.

I follow twitter and social media and these boards because I want to follow news about the team, how they play, game related and practice related stuff.  This junk by the players is what I wish I could not even have presented as something I see. (Yep, I clicked on the thread and responded, just because it is there)

Diggs and his Brother clicked on the thread too "just because it is there". Get a grip

21 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

His brother actually said that?  How insanely weak of a take that is.  Diggs is a grown man, and despite coming off here as a victim he can't look in the mirror and honestly think he is a perfect person who hasn't said and done some hurtful stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

OK - she needs to be fired pronto. Very unprofessional. She works for The Bills correct? If so, she needs to be fired today. She isn't very good anyway.

Diggs and his Brother clicked on the thread too "just because it is there". Get a grip

Get a grip. LOL, way to step up and reply to someone when they don't agree with you.

I stated my opinion...the people who need to 'get a grip' are the Diggs brothers who felt the need to reply the way they did to this almost non-story, and You, who has to tell others to 'get a grip' because it must give your ego a much needed victory lap to be able to talk to others that way.

Learn how to respond to people in a non confrontational way. 

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

His brother actually said that?  How insanely weak of a take that is.  Diggs is a grown man, and despite coming off here as a victim he can't look in the mirror and honestly think he is a perfect person who hasn't said and done some hurtful stuff.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-trevon-diggs-brother-trade-stefon-buffalo-bills-hurtful-safe

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Sure it's bad that what she said was caught on an open mic, but that is the ONLY reason this is even a thing. I guarantee that similar or worse has been said in media rooms all across the league. If the Bills give her more than a slap on the wrist for this, then that would be a weak cya move on their part. Diggs chiming in on social media certainly didn't help, but was also not a surprise given how much of a thin-skinned diva he is (which, I admit, is par for the course for superstar WRs).

I have no desire to seek out what his brother may have said on social media, but if what I read above is true...ffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

Sure it's bad that what she said was caught on an open mic, but that is the ONLY reason this is even a thing. I guarantee that similar or worse has been said in media rooms all across the league. If the Bills give her more than a slap on the wrist for this, then that would be a weak cya move on their part. Diggs chiming in on social media certainly didn't help, but was also not a surprise given how much of a thin-skinned diva he is (which, I admit, is par for the course for superstar WRs).

I have no desire to seek out what his brother may have said on social media, but if what I read above is true...ffs.

You ain't kidding about Diva WRs.  Minnesota got tired of his diva-ness.   Another example was A.J. Brown last night in Philly.  Up 27-14 late and he's going at it with his QB, and he's disgruntled after 2 games for not being targeted enough. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

You ain't kidding about Diva WRs.  Minnesota got tired of his diva-ness.   Another example was A.J. Brown last night in Philly.  Up 27-14 late and he's going at it with his QB, and he's disgruntled after 2 games for not being targeted enough. 

I'm still trying to figure out what it is about Diggs that makes people so mad.  Yeah, he's emotionally volatile.  But so what.  He's extremely good, he obviously wants to win, he's not a me-first guy in the way that some "diva" type players are, and he's never actually done anything legitimately bad, like slapping his girlfriend around or running over a pedestrian while loaded.  At some point, it stops being "Diggs can't get along with other people" are more about our own media not being able to get along with other people.  Tim Graham is a toddler who just stirs up ***** in a more conventionally-acceptable way than Diggs does.  The difference is that Diggs is good at the job that he's being paid to do, and he takes it seriously.

I didn’t think it was a big deal at the time I heard it. I was expecting much more since the story was starting to gain traction. Calling for Maddy to be fired because Diggs was upset… I mean, I think it’s all a bit much. We live in an era where everyone is uber sensitive and always looking to cry about something. Her comments weren’t so incendiary that it should cost her everything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Who was the male reporter joking around with Glab and why has he not gotten a shred of what Glab has? 

Was he not “unprofessional” as well?

He wasn't caught on a hot mic saying something stupid.  By Glab's own admission, all he said was "Go get Diggs".

Glab messed up. The rule in any media is to treat every mic like it's hot. She will face zero consequences for it. She is a female in a male dominated field. She would have to fire herself. Plus, management feels the apology was enough or she would have an empty office by now. Not happy with it, or her apology (which could have been spun better).

People show you who they are. You can either believe them when they show you, or you buy what they are trying to sell you on. Diggs wants people to think he's a strong leader who demands excellence from his teammates. His actions have shown that he will pretend a problem doesn't exist for an entire offseason and then have a heated exchange with McDermott first day of minicamp. He will claim to want to keep things in house, but cryptically live tweet his every emotion. He says he wants to retire here, but is fine with his brother constantly chirping on social media about a trade (that isn't feasible for either team). He claims to be an up front person who treats people with respect but instead of addressing an issue with a reporter directly, waits a day to tell the internet about how damaged his feelings are. 

Diggs is a great talent. You have to walk on eggshells to keep him happy. That is what we will deal with. Just like how Josh will have a Fitzmagic turnover game every now and then. As long as the pros outweigh the cons, they're not going anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

He wasn't caught on a hot mic saying something stupid.  By Glab's own admission, all he said was "Go get Diggs".

If you listen the recording, he obviously says more - specifically in the 24 - 28 second mark of the video... although the only words I can make out are "Stef" and "get your ass." It's gargled and difficult to hear but it is more than "Go get Diggs." Glab is trying to save face and not trying to throw anyone else under the bus.

IMO

Edited by WEATHER DOT COM

I hate everything about this.

I am at the point where I am afraid to even see what is happening.  

It would be great if the team won sunday and then just quietly went about their business next week.  Maybe even some of the players skip their media sessions even if there fined..

just have a drama free week and a game.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.