Terry Pegula is ALLEGED to have said something very foul in the Jim Trotter lawsuit against the NFL

Roundybout

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don’t know if he said it or not but unless this was recorded or multiple people say they heard Pegula say it, I‘m siding with Terry.

Do you know he’s telling the truth?

Just read an article that says Trotter heard it from another person who was on a zoom call with Pegula and others. Apparently the NFL investigation said the people at the meeting didn’t hear Pegula say it.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Not a very forgiving bunch here.   

Y'all really want to bankrupt this man and ruin his livelyhood over one off very insensitive/racist comment he made?  I reckon most here are under 70 years of age but people of older generations have different thought processes.   If he did say this he likely doesn't even realize he was making a racist statement.   If he had a history of making these kinds of comments or other sorts of racial discrimination in how he ran his business then that's one thing but by all accounts he's lived the opposite of that.   

I see violent criminals get less harsh backlash/treatment than an old man making an insensitive comment.   Give him a chance to apologize and learn from this mistake.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Lost said:

Y'all really want to bankrupt this man and ruin his livelyhood over one off very insensitive/racist comment he made?  I reckon most here are under 70 years of age but people of older generations have different thought processes.   If he did say this he likely doesn't even realize he was making a racist statement.   If he had a history of making these kinds of comments or other sorts of racial discrimination in how he ran his business then that's one thing but by all accounts he's lived the opposite of that.   

I see violent criminals get less harsh backlash/treatment than an old man making an insensitive comment.   Give him a chance to apologize and learn from this mistake.  

So far there is no proof he even said it

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In a league where I believe 75% of the players are black, it’s a different balance. 

let’s not act like all these executives and coaches have worked their way up the system on their own. They have buddies or dads who give them their start.   There is definitely have a problem with minority representation at the higher levels. 

Personally, I think nepotism and cronyism is the main reasons but where in the world does 75% of the population get such low representation?

Come on, Biscuit.  Player and coach/management are very different skill-sets.  There's a reason that Rob Gronkowski isn't the GM of the Patriots.  And that grads of prestige academic institutions are overrepresented in GM and other analytical sports management positions, and underrepresented on the actual field of play.  

I agree that nepotism is bad and guys like Nate Hackett and Lane Kiffin have clearly benefited.  And there are likely still systemic roadblocks in the way of minority applicants moving up the NFL management chain. But the NFL has made diversity in hiring a priority, and that 25% number is evidence of it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you're saying a white guy who marries an Asian woman cannot be prejudiced and hold racist thoughts towards blacks?

No I would never say that because I know that there will be white guys who maybe only hold racist views against blacks.  

I also could see the  alleged  statement made to this 3rd party as actually being something like this possibly....q.

Well if the players are so concerned about how they are treated perhaps they should visit Africa and see how Black's are treated there.  And as it was in a conversation about BLM so the players of any race supporting the kneeling political protesting on the football field should perhaps go see how conditions are in another part of the world as a comparison.  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Just read an article that says Trotter heard it from another person who was on a zoom call with Pegula and others. Apparently the NFL investigation said the people at the meeting didn’t hear Pegula say it.

Case closed.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Motorin' said:

When has a reporter ever lied, or gotten the facts wrong when relaying a second hand account? 

Let's go to the phones, we have Jussie S. calling in from Chicago. 

Hi, thanks for taking my call. 1st time caller, long time listener

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Lost said:

Exactly!  Shoutout to the over 70 casual racists here!!  woooooooooo dawwg!  It's our thought process!!

Anyway, it's not clear how Pegula could be made "bankrupt" over this.  He's not party to the suit.  

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Come on, Biscuit.  Player and coach/management are very different skill-sets.  There's a reason that Rob Gronkowski isn't the GM of the Patriots.  And that grads of prestige academic institutions are overrepresented in GM and other analytical sports management positions, and underrepresented on the actual field of play.  

I agree that nepotism is bad and guys like Nate Hackett and Lane Kiffin have clearly benefited.  And there are likely still systemic roadblocks in the way of minority applicants moving up the NFL management chain. But the NFL has made diversity in hiring a priority, and that 25% number is evidence of it.

What is the different skill set? Was it the skill set that people used to think blacks weren’t smart enough to be quarterbacks? Not saying you’re saying this but just making the point.

Some of the best current GMs are black. Tomlin is considered one of the best coaches. I think that nerd from Miami is something.  

this is a different issue so I apologize for sidetracking.

and Gronk, the moron, could easily get a nfl gig if he wanted to. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

14 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Do Bills fans 100% in Terry's corner feel the same way about Trotter's comments toward Jerry Jones? They're all bull####?

The guy is a well-respected reporter. Not sure what his incentive is to lie. 

Such a respected reporter that he didnt report it. He just named it in a lawsuit 3 years later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Do Bills fans 100% in Terry's corner feel the same way about Trotter's comments toward Jerry Jones? They're all bull####?

The guy is a well-respected reporter. Not sure what his incentive is to lie. 

But he’s not claiming Pegula said this to him. The lawsuit claims some other unidentified reporter claimed that Pegula said it to him/her and that unidentified reporter repeated it to Trotter.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

I don't know either way.

I certainly don't believe Terry is the saint some think he is.

The amount of criticism he is receiving and the lack of criticism Jerry Jones is receiving is odd. 

The amount of criticism from who?

Also, are you a “saint”? If not does that make you a racist?

Edited by Beast

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

No I would never say that because I know that there will be white guys who maybe only hold racist views against blacks.  

I also could see the  alleged  statement made to this 3rd party as actually being something like this pisdibly...

Well if the players are so concerned about how they are treated perhaps they should visit Africa and see how Black's are treated there.  And as it was in a conversation about BLM so the players of any race supporting the kneeling political protesting on the football field should perhaps go see how conditions are in another part of the world as a comparison.  

I’m not trying to jump on you but how old are you? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I strongly disagree. Yes “

zippering “

is efficient if done correctly - namely approaching a highway from an on ramp at a lower speed ( these usu have posted speed limits of 35 mph or so which  are routinely ignored) and fitting in to a space behind the oncoming vehicle - that’s why extra space is provided to perform this maneuver) not barreling up the ramp at 60 + mph then cutting off the oncoming vehicle . As for a lane reduction , the same applies - one is supposed to heed the sign warning of the oncoming lane reduction a mile or two up the road and get over into the other lane. WNY drivers ride the closing lane out until the last possible second then try to get over causing traffic jams . Plenty of space to switch lanes is provided - albeit at a slightly reduced rate of acceleration. Much of our society is simply too self absorbed in their entitlement bubble to afford this simple instruction intended to make the driving experience easier for everyone. Following instructions has become an option for “ everyone else” to adhere to , unfortunately. 

This is a classic example.

Merging at speed when possible is the recommended course of action when entering the highway.

Once on the highway, forcing cars into a single lane a mile or two ahead of the lane merge instead of maintaining two lanes of traffic that slot in at the end is what causes the slowdowns and backups instead of a natural, steady flow.

WNY follows the wrong "instructions" for these things.  It is only viewed as "riding the lane as long as possible" here because the bulk of drivers refuse to zipper appropriately by using both lanes and are instead shoving themselves into a long, jerky, single-file mass with no clear mesh point and drivers who don't like when a car dares to merge in front of them while attempting to conform with this insanity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In a league where I believe 75% of the players are black, it’s a different balance. 

let’s not act like all these executives and coaches have worked their way up the system on their own. They have buddies or dads who give them their start.   There is definitely have a problem with minority representation at the higher levels. 

Personally, I think nepotism and cronyism is the main reasons but where in the world does 75% of the population get such low representation?

In fairness........and correct me if I am wrong..........at the amateur levels the % of African American players is much closer to the general population splits.

I think 12% was the number in 2021.

And the thing about football is that very often the best coaches could never play anywhere near a pro level.   Guys like Belichick or Reid never sniffed the NFL.

The answer to the diversity issue is probably much closer to the 12% than the 56% of NFL players in 2022(not sure where you got 75% but even 56% is admittedly a remarkable spread from the overall involvement numbers at the amateur levels).

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

People won't care about that.  It's not fun to listen to the truth.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

I don't know either way.

I certainly don't believe Terry is the saint some think he is.

The amount of criticism he is receiving and the lack of criticism Jerry Jones is receiving is odd. 

I don't see anyone here claiming Terry is a Saint. They certainly hold him in high regard for keeping the Bills in Buffalo but that's not qualification for sainthood.

6 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I also could see the  alleged  statement made to this 3rd party as actually being something like this pisdibly...

can you be a little more specific?  treated by whom?

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

In fairness........and correct me if I am wrong..........at the amateur levels the % of African American players is much closer to the general population splits.

And the thing about football is that very often the best coaches could never play anywhere near a pro level.   Guys like Belichick or Reid never sniffed the NFL.

The answer to the diversity issue is probably much closer to the 12% than the 56% of NFL players in 2022(not sure where you got 75% but even 56% is admittedly a remarkable spread from the overall involvement numbers at the amateur levels).

Fair point.  Though Andy Reid’s felon ex heroin addict son was his d line coach a couple years ago. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

The way progressivism works is literally everything becomes more offensive over time.   There are things you're saying today that will be a cancelable offense 20 years from now.   Not my rules.  just how it works.   Hell football probably wont even be a sport 20 years from now when the next generation deems it too violent.  

"Go back to Africa" was never not offensive--except maybe amongst you and the fellers...

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

I don't see anyone here claiming Terry is a Saint. They certainly hold him in high regard for keeping the Bills in Buffalo but that's not qualification for sainthood.

In what world does someone get to put "I heard from someone else" that so and so said such and such and have it be anything but hearsay? 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wait did you just compare playing a sport to coaching and being an executive? You know that is an insane comparison right???

every single person has a chance to play football. Not all are good enough to make the nfl. Not everyone is given the opportunities Todd Haley got (college golfer, dad was an executive with the Steelers). There are many examples of this (see the St Francis connection). These guys are getting opportunities that others are simply because of who they know rather than their ability at first. 

I lean more towards nepotism and cronyism than racism. But to compare being s player to coaching/ Executive is wild.

I didn’t- it’s one of trotters pieces of evidence.

I don’t get the argument that just because the   League is x% this or that, and some other part of the the ecosystem is without the same proportionality it means there is some insidious  hate crime going on. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

presuming that what the article said is true, would this suit not have to basically prove that the NFL investigation was just a cover up and lied by saying that?

what you typed reads like trotter heard a dude say something ABOUT a zoom call that dude was on.  as opposed to heard dude allege on a zoom call that he heard something some other way.

if the supposed comment by pegula was on a zoom call, and it got investigated, then it should be pretty black and white (har!) because there would be notes and a recording and all kinds of stuff.

3 minutes ago, Avisan said:

This is a classic example.

Merging at speed when possible is the recommended course of action when entering the highway.

Once on the highway, forcing cars into a single lane a mile or two ahead of the lane merge instead of maintaining two lanes of traffic that slot in at the end is what causes the slowdowns and backups instead of a natural, steady flow.

WNY follows the wrong "instructions" for these things.  It is only viewed as "riding the lane as long as possible" here because the bulk of drivers refuse to zipper appropriately by using both lanes and are instead shoving themselves into a long, jerky, single-file mass with no clear mesh point and drivers who don't like when a car dares to merge in front of them while attempting to conform with this insanity.

There’s usually plenty of room to change lanes ahead of time. Each time is different of course but cars literally stopping to merge in from a standstill is insane. Many often don’t follow the reduced speed limits in these zones either , adding to the chaos. All stems from a sense of entitlement , trying to “ beat the crowd “ when simple following of instructions in a timely manner would produce a better result. The signs etc are usually ignored. 

This unidentified reporter who repeated Pegula's alleged comments at this zoom meeting....

You know, that seems like kind of a big story, and could make the career of the reporter who breaks it.  Why would that reporter sit on it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

"Go back to Africa" was never not offensive--except maybe amongst you and the fellers...

I never said it wasn't offensive.   I'm not part of the older crowd either.   I'm just saying it takes some people longer to catch up to modern day norms.   Like Josh Allen learning how to protect the football.   

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Amateur levels?  56% NCAA players are black.

Ok so the NFL investigated this and interviewed every single person who was present and found nothing.

And yet Wigdor put it in the Complaint as a second-hand piece of information. 

Doug Wigdor is a crap human being.  He has zero reservations about destroying someone's reputation without any factual basis if he thinks it will give his client some leverage.

He gives lawyers a bad (worse) name.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

can you be a little more specific?  treated by whom?

Well as BLM is claiming that blacks are targeted here by the powers that be or the police, let these concerned players go see how police treat blacks in Africa.  Large continent there are various regimes in countries that make up Africa I'm sure there are pockets of racial equality in some areas and some pretty gruesome conditions in other areas.  Just saying that ok if you think ìts so bad here go see how it is in another part of the world.  Africa being chosen as the place to start comparison because Black people originated from that continent.  Actually if the theory of evolution is accurate all humankind originateđ from Africa. And we are all black if we could trace our origins back to everyone's common ancestor I'm pretty confident that it would be a black person.

Edited by AuntieEm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.