9/11/23 GAMEDAY Week 1 Bills @ Jets MNF Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Eh, beer is mostly water... :beer: 

Settle down boyst, we all already like you - no need to tout your many charitable endeavors and beneficial things you do for society. 🤣🙌🥃

Never to late work in a little virtue signaling with the folks around here.

👎

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, BRH said:

Maybe instead of going bonkers over Elam being scratched we can realize that this team is so deep that a first-round pick can’t crack the game-day roster.  

and maybe instead of jumping all over Beane for “wasting” a pick we can realize that the reason they scratched Elam is simply that another guy they drafted is better.

We’re supposed to play Elam because he’s a first round pick? That’s what bad teams do.  Good teams play their best players. If Elam doesn’t like it, maybe he can work to get better. 

True but you are kind of avoiding a major issue. First round picks for the most part are supposed to be impact players and starters. Elam has been anything but that. It looks to be a pretty big miss by Beane thus far. 

Benford kind of bauls out the whole situation because he looks to be a steal. 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Less than an hour and we get to see if the New York medias biggest team hype machine in years is legit. 
The Bills have had to stew on the worst home playoff loss maybe ever…zero pressure on them everyone is picking the Jets so go out play loose and fast and we got this. 

Bills players aren't likely focused on media picks. There is pressure on both teams. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

True but you are kind of avoiding a major issue. First round picks for the most part are supposed to be impact players and starters. Elam has been anything but that. It looks to be a pretty big miss by Beane thus far. 

It happens.

It just can't happen a lot

Many of these guys are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Hopefully, Elam will learn eventually.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Never to late work in a little virtue signaling with the folks around here.

👎

o_O Yeah, I was being sarcastic (and I would hope boyst knows that).  And not sure what virtue he's signaling by saying he's working on an event, but ok. :beer:

Anyway, not sure why WGR is still running old interviews...

Bills players aren't likely focused on media picks. There is pressure on both teams. 

If you think for one second the Bills players haven't been paying attention to what media says you're crazy. Honestly we live in a world of technology people are glued to there phones. Trust me they know what was said and it will add even more fire to a team that already is ready to go.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I’m just not gonna lose sleep over a mid-20s pick not panning out.  Most drafts have about 15 real impact players.  He wasn’t one.  Doesn’t mean he can’t become one.  Maybe Beane should have traded back, but they knew they needed help at CB with Tre out.  And later on in the draft they got it.  Right now, I’m pretty happy with the guys that are playing.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BRH said:

I’m just not gonna lose sleep over a mid-20s pick not panning out.  Most drafts have about 15 real impact players.  He wasn’t one.  Doesn’t mean he can’t become one.  Maybe Beane should have traded back, but they knew they needed help at CB with Tre out.  And later on in the draft they got it.  Right now, I’m pretty happy with the guys that are playing.  

I guess the flipside is that Beane hit a homerun with Benford in the sixth round...Kinda like the Niners whiffing on Trey Lance, but finding Purdy at the end of round 7...   

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Okay. We are super deep and talented. Somehow we just got blown out in the playoffs. Lmao

The super amazing team that blew out the Bills did what exactly? Only one team claims the crown. Just being in the hunt used to be a good feeling. By your definition 31 other GMs suck when they don’t get the crown. Pure silliness. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

If you think for one second the Bills players haven't been paying attention to what media says you're crazy. Honestly we live in a world of technology people are glued to there phones. Trust me they know what was said and it will add even more fire to a team that already is ready to go.

I'm saying I don't think the hype or lack of hype will have any impact on who wins the game. 

The media hype angle is vastly overrated here. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WyoAZBillfan said:

The super amazing team that blew out the Bills did what exactly? Only one team claims the crown. Just being in the hunt used to be a good feeling. By your definition 31 other GMs suck when they don’t get the crown. Pure silliness. 

Did I say they suck? 

It’s okay that ya’ll don’t care about another highly drafted bust who is wearing sweatpants tonight. I do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

You heard it from ESPN guys. This game is a wrap already.

Did I hear Alex Smith mention Carl Lawson as part of the great Jets d-line? The same Carl Lawson who isn’t playing tonight?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I'm saying I don't think the hype or lack of hype will have any impact on who wins the game. 

The media hype angle is vastly overrated here. 

That's you're opinion, but come on teams use anything for bulletin board material. It may or may not have an impact on the game but for NFL players who are some of the most competitive people in sports it does add even more motivation, a rallying cry so to speak.