9/11/23 GAMEDAY Week 1 Bills @ Jets MNF Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Slightly OT, watching a multi-episode 9/11 documentary ‘One day in America’ from NatGeo -reknown for brilliance and it is! Following firefighters from before the 1st plane hit. Highly recommended.

I anticipate a heart rending tribute tonight before the game.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Curious how the field is gonna be. 
They mentioned last night about the new surface etc etc but games back to back nights with some weather.. Seems a little risky on a new surface that hasn’t exactly been used like this. 

The Bills will get their unis all nasty green when they're tackled in the endzone over the freshly painted Jets logo that hasn't dried yet.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am worried about special teams!! We really can’t have any gaffes tonight. 

Should hopefully be better with the roster set for the past few weeks, instead of the back of the roster guys shuffling through the special teams positions trying to catch on.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They mentioned last night about the new surface etc etc but games back to back nights with some weather.. Seems a little risky on a new surface that hasn’t exactly been used like this. 

As an artificial turf, I would think it'd be okay.  Some of those rubber pellets coming up last night but as long as someone didn't do something like run a snow sweeper over it, I would think it'd be largely unaffected.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

There was also a concert on the turf on Friday.

• Like (+1) 1

• Chandler#81 changed the title to 9/11/23 GAMEDAY Week 1 Bills @ Jets MNF Pregame Thread
1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Is it still raining or clear now?

It was never raining here today. Slightly cloudy right now 

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Lol. That was my avatar picture for a few years

Off the head i want to say that was Drayton Florence 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1