9/11/23 GAMEDAY Week 1 Bills @ Jets MNF Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bills two starting boundary CBs are White and Benford. Dane Jackson is the 3rd. No need to have 4 active boundary CBs. Simple as that.

I think this is a solid point.  This is more of a reflection on how good Benford and Jackson have been versus how "bad" Elam has been.  Cam Lewis can also play outside corner in a pinch.  The Bills have a lot of depth in their secondary.  It's a tough roster to crack.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bills two starting boundary CBs are White and Benford. Dane Jackson is the 3rd. No need to have 4 active boundary CBs. Simple as that.

is it? he cant play sticky man on a WR situationally ? id have him go OFF / press  on garret wilson w safety over the top. bracket wilson. do what BB does. take away their weapon

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not going to be a downer on opening night but man I hate what we are doing with Elam. The guy should be starting but..just trade him if these are the games we are going to play.

Well we all knew it would be a numbers game, for gameday roster mgt.  We aren't going to dress 4 outside CBs, when Cam and Neal can play outside in an emergency.

Elam will be needed at some point this season.  If Benford was the 1st rounder, this would be a non-issue.  Benford just needs to ball out and keep this from being a CB2 controversy