9/11/23 GAMEDAY Week 1 Bills @ Jets MNF Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

16 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

It's tv, it's a show. Drama sells and that's what Ryan Clark is doing, tune in folks there might be drama. Honestly at this point it's all talk. And I have very little doubt the Bills are ready to go. On my 4th drink so f espn and f the jets.....GO BILLS!!!!!!

And f the fins and f the pats while we're at it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the little I have seen of Elam, it seems the guy can at least play some sticky man coverage and tackles and plays the run pretty well. 

I have never heard of a guy who is incapable of playing zone coverage. It is bizarre.

It is weird he seemed to be doing better at the end of last year right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Elam being inactive is partially on this coaching staff. You can’t figure out how to leverage his skillset yet? 

Exactly this. If he can't even be active on GameDay then Benford better ball out. I'm not a draft guy and have been pretty steadfast on just going with the flow of how Beane has drafted but this Elam issue really has me questioning what we even drafted him for. I don't know man is he that bad? He looked like a decent rookie corner to me last year, wtf happened for him to fall this far on the depth chart?

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Agree 1

Genuinely excited about this season. I don't know football as well as you guys, so I don't have SB expectations this year. Just not sure we've got what's needed.

But I am really, really looking forward to seeing Josh and Kincaid this year. And, to a degree, Cook and Rousseau. 

I also actually get to see the team LIVE this year, for a change. And against Lawrence, which will be *****in awesome. 

Anyway, GO BILLS and I hope they bring you long suffering bastards all the joy you deserve this season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bills two starting boundary CBs are White and Benford. Dane Jackson is the 3rd. No need to have 4 active boundary CBs. Simple as that.

I think this is a solid point.  This is more of a reflection on how good Benford and Jackson have been versus how "bad" Elam has been.  Cam Lewis can also play outside corner in a pinch.  The Bills have a lot of depth in their secondary.  It's a tough roster to crack.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bills two starting boundary CBs are White and Benford. Dane Jackson is the 3rd. No need to have 4 active boundary CBs. Simple as that.

is it? he cant play sticky man on a WR situationally ? id have him go OFF / press  on garret wilson w safety over the top. bracket wilson. do what BB does. take away their weapon

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not going to be a downer on opening night but man I hate what we are doing with Elam. The guy should be starting but..just trade him if these are the games we are going to play.

Well we all knew it would be a numbers game, for gameday roster mgt.  We aren't going to dress 4 outside CBs, when Cam and Neal can play outside in an emergency.

Elam will be needed at some point this season.  If Benford was the 1st rounder, this would be a non-issue.  Benford just needs to ball out and keep this from being a CB2 controversy