Josh Allen Posts Instagram Hype Video

Chaos

The wrist band may have more to do with how the OC calls the plays (e.g.  no. 23 audible to no. 34 if 2 high safeties) than Josh's knowledge of the playbook.

What does concern me is that Josh is not a a video junkie studying the other teams defenses. He says that's because he'll see something different when they play the team. But its rare that a team will completely abandon their base defense. They may add wrinkles or disguises but it's still their base D. Also, intensive film study allows quicker reaction time not just the next time but down the road for the team studied but also for faster recognition of similar D's by other teams.  Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Maybe Josh should spend more time studying the playbook and less time with Adobe Movie Editor software. He still wears a damn wrist-band cheat sheet for F’s sake!!

Who was the coach who didn't want his QB to wear a wrist band?  Carolina?  How is that working out?

9 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I believe that it was Pete Carroll who wanted Russell Wilson to wear one and Wilson didn’t want to.

That's true, but Old News.  I thought it was Thomas Brown, the Panthers new OC, and it was said he didn't want his QB to wear one.

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I cant view the video 

Can someone post the main link if possible 

Can try

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw_JPmcgSOp/

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Who was the coach who didn't want his QB to wear a wrist band?  Carolina?  How is that working out?

40 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I believe that it was Pete Carroll who wanted Russell Wilson to wear one and Wilson didn’t want to.

The most recent example is new Ravens OC Todd Monken not wanting Lamar Jackson to wear a wristband this year.

One of my measures for an offense that is functioning well in a road game is how much of the play clock is left when they get lined up and ready to snap.  If they are constantly doing so with near zero left, it's advantage D.  The wrist band does save some time and gives the QB less chance to mess up the call.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

One of my measures for an offense that is functioning well in a road game is how much of the play clock is left when they get lined up and ready to snap.  If they are constantly doing so with near zero left, it's advantage D.  The wrist band does save some time and gives the QB less chance to mess up the call.

I look at it as well. More time as they line up makes me think the OC is confident and his gameplan/playsheet is setup well. Just seems Josh is better when he has an extra few seconds to survey the field before the snap. Less time makes me think the OC is searching for answers.🤔

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Maybe Josh should spend more time studying the playbook and less time with Adobe Movie Editor software. He still wears a damn wrist-band cheat sheet for F’s sake!!

cut and paste takes less than 2 seconds.  168 hours in a week.  Josh wasted 1/302,400 of his week.  ***** it, now he only has 302,399 of his 302,400 2 second increments in his week to train.  Is that 2 seconds going to throw off the other 99.99995% of week that Josh has to train arm chair warrior?

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

cut and paste takes less than 2 seconds.  168 hours in a week.  Josh wasted 1/302,400 of his week.  ***** it, now he only has 302,399 of his 302,400 2 second increments in his week to train.  Is that 2 seconds going to throw off the other 99.99995% of week that Josh has to train arm chair warrior?

Josh doesn’t watch enough film to copy paste in 2 seconds. It would take him at least five, and that’s why we’ll never win a Super Bowl with him!!

9 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

So this “Josh doesn’t watch enough film” narrative, which came from one guy with zero evidence, is still lingering? 

Hang on a minute, are you saying that Josh Allen doesn't watch enough film?!?! 😶

9 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

So this “Josh doesn’t watch enough film” narrative, which came from one guy with zero evidence, is still lingering? 

Actually Josh himself said he doesn’t watch a lot of video in a podcast interview this summer.  Not saying it’s a big deal, just it came from him himself.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Disagree 2

10 hours ago, Old Coot said:

The wrist band may have more to do with how the OC calls the plays (e.g.  no. 23 audible to no. 34 if 2 high safeties) than Josh's knowledge of the playbook.

What does concern me is that Josh is not a a video junkie studying the other teams defenses. He says that's because he'll see something different when they play the team. But its rare that a team will completely abandon their base defense. They may add wrinkles or disguises but it's still their base D. Also, intensive film study allows quicker reaction time not just the next time but down the road for the team studied but also for faster recognition of similar D's by other teams.  Thoughts?

That's not exactly what he said.  He said that he prefers to understand really well what their base principles are.  I don't see how he could do that without watching film.  Agreed, he doesn't appear to grind over hours of film like Peyton and Tom did.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

That's not exactly what he said.  He said that he prefers to understand really well what their base principles are.  I don't see how he could do that without watching film.  Agreed, he doesn't appear to grind over hours of film like Peyton and Tom did.

Knowing that the opposing QB/OC are watching tape on you forces a defensive coordinator to watch their own tape looking for patterns that their opponents might see and exploit. Once they find their own defenses pattern a D coordinator can design their defense to trick a QB into thinking they're seeing the same pattern they saw on tape. Then slip a LB into the pass route.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Knowing that the opposing QB/OC are watching tape on you forces a defensive coordinator to watch their own tape looking for patterns that their opponents might see and exploit. Once they find their own defenses pattern a D coordinator can design their defense to trick a QB into thinking they're seeing the same pattern they saw on tape. Then slip a LB into the pass route.

Maybe Josh is tricking the opposing D coordinators into thinking that he doesn’t watch tape on them, when in reality he does??? 🤔

Playing 4-D chess.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Actually Josh himself said he doesn’t watch a lot of video in a podcast interview this summer.  Not saying it’s a big deal, just it came from him himself.

He didn't say that. That is the interpretation. Go back and listen to what he actually said.

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Not lingering, it's spreading. I've seen it mentioned on a few other teams's forums. That will be the new narrative now until he wins a super bowl or at least gets to one 

People realize Josh doesn’t run his own Instagram right nor makes these videos?

3 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Except that’s not remotely close to what he said.  I suggest you watch the podcast.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Except it was more the opposite because when he was asked if he watched a ton of film he said "yeah", seriously this is such a stupid ***** narrative.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.