Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Got to love how these ridiculous opinions don't budge even after seeing Cinci and KC get wrecked in Week 1. 

thing is now the bills still have an opportunity to either look like one of the better afc teams out the gate or like the chiefs and bengals did? I made a prediction in the predict the score thread, 31-24, bills win. not that I know yet what I would like to see and feel they're capable of, but I don't know. all will know after monday nights game and homer, what ever one is called for pulling for the win, I hope they end up looking like one of the better afc contenders, with a win in jersey.

3 hours ago, Shemp said:

Looks like a lot of rain is forecast for this game. Crank up the power run game with Harris and Murray.

Harris yes…the last thing I ever wanna see is Murray touching the ball. The guy is so slow I can’t believe he’s still in the league. Idk what this team’s obsession is with slow RBs but enough alresdy.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Got to love how these ridiculous opinions don't budge even after seeing Cinci and KC get wrecked in Week 1. 

Not sure I'd call KC losing by a point to a team that should be decent this year getting wrecked.

But Cinci ... um ... yeah ;)

29 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

thing is now the bills still have an opportunity to either look like one of the better afc teams out the gate or like the chiefs and bengals did? I made a prediction in the predict the score thread, 31-24, bills win. not that I know yet what I would like to see and feel they're capable of, but I don't know. all will know after monday nights game and homer, what ever one is called for pulling for the win, I hope they end up looking like one of the better afc contenders, with a win in jersey.

I have no freaking idea what to expect tomorrow night other than it should be a lot of fun to watch.

Either team could win by 20 or lose by 20 ... or by 1 :)

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills have and will have more success with the ball in Allen’s hands than forcing a heavy or balanced running attack… Allens ability to improvise is the reason for a lot of that…. And that proved to be the case in the wind storm game your referring to when the Bills couldn’t run for jack ***** and only started moving the ball when they finally gave Allen a chance to throw the ball in the 2nd half… 

Kindcaid is going to work out of the slot in most cases… he’s a bigger version of Beasley and hopefully offers more than a Gesicki… and it’s not one play, he was a poor blocker in college… this is news to you?

Allen was 8 for 21 in the second half.

Let me guess, the rain didn’t effect Burrow today?  

Of course we had a hard time running the ball.  They loaded the box to stop the run.  To show you how bad the elements were, we still couldn’t throw against that stacked box.

Kincaid is going to be lining up on the offense line a lot.  We saw him lining up inline this preseason.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

While I expect the Bills will look very good beating the Jets, I really hope that the media doesn't start reannointing them as the team to beat. Let them still think the window is closed on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Not sure I'd call KC losing by a point to a team that should be decent this year getting wrecked.

But Cinci ... um ... yeah ;)

I have no freaking idea what to expect tomorrow night other than it should be a lot of fun to watch.

Either team could win by 20 or lose by 20 ... or by 1 :)

Cincinnati started like they were dead last year too... Teams that seem to celebrate every victory in Sept like they won the Super Bowl always seem to run out of gas and fail to win it all. 

It's a long season, gotta peak at the right time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So we're playing on the field in Met Life the day after a game in Met Life how's that going to work?

I was just going to say this…..and it’s raining too. Not sure how they turn it around in less than 24 hours to have a field with good footing. I guess it’s possible…

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

It's been reiterated numerous times Monday night is just one game. You don't get anointed a better AFC contender in week 1 of a NFL season. 

Come on now...They (Bills) are one of the better AFC contenders regardless of tomorrow's outcome. 

10 minutes ago, LetzGoBuffalo said:

I think you belong in the Jets discussion boards. Have some confidence towards your team dude 👎

Flawed thinking here. You predicting a Bills win every game of the season? 

Ridiculous post!

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Milano looking like he is on a Greek Island. 😂 

Well from a female's perspective he always did look like a Greek God to me.  Maybe Mercury as he's flying around the ball.  Gotta check his cleats for those tell tale wings of the messenger god.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

It's been reiterated numerous times Monday night is just one game. You don't get anointed a better AFC contender in week 1 of a NFL season. 

Come on now...They (Bills) are one of the better AFC contenders regardless of tomorrow's outcome. 

Flawed thinking here. You predicting a Bills win every game of the season? 

Ridiculous post!

And especially not versus divisional rival.  And Bills still have the target on them from our afce rivals.  You don't win a division if you can't beat those in your division.

Kinda interesting to see the Bills game and how the divisional foe moxie plays out.  Because prime time MNF stars on Jets gonna s shine and we will see how well our offense shines.  Even Sauce can be blinded by a shining offense. 

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I am scared ****less of this game.

I am surprisingly relaxed at this moment. The Jets will be flying all over the field too start the game. If we weather the initial storm without too many points given up, I like the Bills to play within themselves and eventually pull away. Just have to limit the penalties and turnovers. 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

The weather in NJ Sunday night was downright hideous. In bad weather the team with the better defense normally dominates. See the Cle v Cin, Dal vs NYG. The teams with the better defense won. 

Have faith in McD. He's going to make this defense look like the 85 Bears. Bernard will be the new Urlacher. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Ooof I won't even go that far haha.  Maybe Bernard surprises but not Urlacher.

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Have faith in McD. He's going to make this defense look like the 85 Bears. Bernard will be the new Urlacher. 

I’d settle with Butkus level play. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Ooof I won't even go that far haha.  Maybe Bernard surprises but not Urlacher.

Maybe teams will all just be comparing future draft prospects hoping to find þhe next Bernard.  Maybe he's not Urlacher, but Bruce Smith and Reggie White weren't carbon copies ofeach other and I daresay you won't find any knowledgeable football fan that would not consider both of them to be among the best pass rushers.

How many of us thought we'd nab a franchise QB that every needy team want to get the next Josh Allen.  I certainly liked his potential when he got drafted but I didn't expect madden coverboy,  celebrity golfer.  Heck even Tom Brady is a fan of Josh Allen's game.  

Edited by AuntieEm

Heavy action Jets and Under

https://www.thelines.com/odds/buffalo-bills/#p15cf2.JoshAllen

Buffalo Bills -1.5 at New York Jets +2

The Bills opened as -3 favorites for their MNF game against the Jets, but Jets money has brought the line down to -1.5 with the Jets’ additions of Aaron Rodgers and Dalvin Cook. The game had an initial total of 48 but that number has been bet down to 46.5 points.

Vegas gives 2 points for home.   Vegas say Bills .5 favorite over Jets at a neutral sight.

I like the Bills and the Over

Go Bills!

Edited by Pete

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.