Jets sense frustration from Aaron Rodgers after spotty practice

BillsFan619

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They're hungry and angry over the Cincy debacle. Aaron's OL has issues. Things will go south quick if things don't go his way and the NYJ media stoke the fire.

hopefully our DL can take advantage of those OL issues, unlike what we did with Cincy's OL issues.  I think we will with a more attacking style, plus Floyd and an improved secondary with people now back.  

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes I agree but the Bengals offensive line was down 3 starters and they absolutely whooped us up front.  

this was the most problematic part of the game for me, IMO.  Groot was nowhere, AJ nowhere.  All the guys who were supposed to "take a step forward" and none of them showed up.  Ed Oliver also stunk.  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

hopefully our DL can take advantage of those OL issues, unlike what we did with Cincy's OL issues.  I think we will with a more attacking style, plus Floyd and an improved secondary with people now back.  

this was the most problematic part of the game for me, IMO.  Groot was nowhere, AJ nowhere.  All the guys who were supposed to "take a step forward" and none of them showed up.  Ed Oliver also stunk.  

They just played terribly that day.  They aren't a terrible unit....just massively underperformed in that game.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

"I could see that changing, yeah," wide receiver Corey Davis said. "He's been real patient, real lenient with us, and working with us and making sure we get everything down, which is what we need. But I could imagine it going the other way if it doesn't pick up."

Here’s the link for the rest of the story - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38163150/jets-sense-frustration-aaron-rodgers-offense-spotty-practice

I find this quote from Davis interesting in that it points to just how much Rogers, and not the coaches, is the focus.  I think we all realize that Hackett is just a functionary serving Rogers’ needs, but I think Saleh could also lose control of this team, if he currently has any.  Saleh has not been a strong leader in my view and the Rogers cult of personality could well derail the Jets when Rogers inevitably becomes frustrated.  Something to watch. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

so many people I know that don’t follow the bills like we do are saying they think the bills will be worse. We made a bunch of solid signings that weren’t splashy. Harris, Murray, Kincaid, McGovern, Torrence, Edwards, Floyd, Rapp. Solid depth that could prove to be the difference between last years disappointment and this years triumph 

I've said since the end of last season we will be in for a regression year this year; I've said this all over this board.

Still saying it, though I obviously hope I'm dead wrong.

Aaron Rodgers is driven to divine excellence. Bienemy is a weak communicator, who compensates by yelling

......did i do this right lol

But in all serious, NY media is already NY media'ing lol click bait AF

Headline: Jets sense frustration from Aaron Rodgers, offense after spotty practice

Supporting information:  

"I sensed frustration from everybody -- everybody on the O-line, Aaron, the coaches," center Connor McGovern said. "You can't go three-and-out in a two-minute drive like that. ... I think there was disappointment from the whole team."

At some point, though, Rodgers' patience might start to wear thin.

"I could see that changing, yeah," wide receiver Corey Davis said. "He's been real patient, real lenient with us, and working with us and making sure we get everything down, which is what we need. But I could imagine it going the other way if it doesn't pick up."

So what were talking about is a bad drive where the Center named the entire team.

Then, a WR saying Rodgers has been very lenient/patient, and then basically said 'but that might change if we keep sucking'

LOL who doesnt that apply to?

Edited by BillsShredder83

Been ready to throw down money on a Russell Wilson level Donkeys collapse for weeks now. This is not going to work out. Rodgers has been straddling player coach/diva for a couple years now and I truly believe this NY experiment is going to be a monumental failure.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I've said since the end of last season we will be in for a regression year this year; I've said this all over this board.

Still saying it, though I obviously hope I'm dead wrong.

If you've said this since the end of last year and all over this board, it doesn't sound like you're hoping your dead wrong.

You won't be as vocal if you want to be wrong.

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Once the rumors of Rogers going there started in February it’s been non stop love of the jets. The trade may have taken place in May but all ESPN talked about was if only the Jets had a QB. 

ESPN has the Jets ranked #12 in their power poll.  Bills and Fins are 4 and 6.   Jags at 10....

They said Rodgers was "good enough for a few extra wins"..

That's "non stop love"?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Groot was nowhere, AJ nowhere.  All the guys who were supposed to "take a step forward" and none of them showed up.  Ed Oliver also stunk.  

They didn't have much of a chance. Burrow had the ball out of his hands in 2 seconds because of our pitiful defensive scheme and coverage. We gave him easy answers and he took them. No DL can get pressure that fast.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They didn't have much of a chance. Burrow had the ball out of his hands in 2 seconds because of our pitiful defensive scheme and coverage. We gave him easy answers and he took them. No DL can get pressure that fast.

I hope Ken Dorsey was taking notes of that game

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You evidently don’t watch their morning programs do you? 

I work all day, so no.  Is that a 7 month long broadcast right there?  Kudos for including a Greenie spot to backup your media nonstop love of the Jets at the expense of loving the Bills.

lol

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Rodgers is going to be very good on the Jets, but it might take 5-6 games for them to get clicking on offense. 

^^^

2 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Yep. I'm thinking Rodgers could get very divisive if things start going badly. He's already basically called out the O-line for their pass blocking.

I doubt that Rodgers' ego can tolerate being the QB of a mediocre offense for 5 or 6 games.  In his mind, Rodgers knows he's the greatest QB ever.  I agree with Fleezoid that Rodgers would become divisive to the entire team in short order with a poor start.   He repeatedly demonstrated a penchant to blame everybody but himself for the Packers' missteps over the last couple of years.

6 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Rodgers might've been into the Edibles, and is now thinking:

'WTF?!'

'I GAVE BACK $33 MILLION???????'

Has he fired his agent yet?

And how did his agent react when he lost commission?

Edited by Limeaid
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You evidently don’t watch their morning programs do you? 

What makes more news? Picking the favorite? Or picking the underdog?

and I was big Rodgers guy before he turned into a complete weirdo (maybe he was).  But even 70% of AR is such a massive upgrade over the crap they had last year and they have a really good roster. I would love to see them massively implode but they are going to be really tough this year. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

and I was big Rodgers guy before he turned into a complete weirdo (maybe he was).  But even 70% of AR is such a massive upgrade over the crap they had last year and they have a really good roster. I would love to see them massively implode but they are going to be really tough this year. 

Ok good to know 

5 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Yep. I'm thinking Rodgers could get very divisive if things start going badly. He's already basically called out the O-line for their pass blocking.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

^^^

I doubt that Rodgers' ego can tolerate being the QB of a mediocre offense for 5 or 6 games.  In his mind, Rodgers knows he's the greatest QB ever.  I agree with Fleezoid that Rodgers would become divisive to the entire team in short order with a poor start.   He repeatedly demonstrated a penchant to blame everybody but himself for the Packers' missteps over the last couple of years.

Even if the Jets are going to be a good team and a tough out, they have a decent chance to start poorly. While not a murderer’s row, their first part of the schedule is pretty tough. Depending on how poor of a start, it could be a tough hole to get out of.

Bills, at Cowboys, Pats, Chiefs, at Broncos, Eagles, at Giants and Chargers

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

The countdown has begun and 9/11/23 is getting closer.   Sorry Rodgers you are not "Maverick" !!

No hiding from your fate now, it's time for a dog fight with JA17 and you are not going to maneuver your way out of this one!!

at joshdogfight.thumb.jpg.b210d53ad4bde788a65ab693fb51fa06.jpg

I can hardly wait for this game to get here.

That Monday in the office is going to be tough to get through.

22 hours ago, Rubes said:

I'm fine with their offense being spotty to start the season, but that defense is going to cause problems for us like they did last year. I mean, they beat us last year with a powerful defense and a crappy QB. It's not like they need to improve dramatically on offense to take us out. I like our chances but it's not going to be a cake walk even if Rogers is sulking and causing trouble.

Our offense will outplay the Jets defense this year.  I don't think their defense will handle the new offense.  I think they will finally be able to run various plays from same formation looks that will force defenses we face to guess more than they are used to against the Bills and even when they guess the right play I think our guys will be winning more of the contested balls.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 2:38 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yea it is dangerous to be near any implosion.  Think the Bills will be able to light the fuse and take enough cover to be ßafe while watching the ensuing fireworks.  Will they show the implosion on hard Knocks is the question.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/9/2023 at 11:36 PM, Rubes said:

I'm fine with their offense being spotty to start the season, but that defense is going to cause problems for us like they did last year. I mean, they beat us last year with a powerful defense and a crappy QB. It's not like they need to improve dramatically on offense to take us out. I like our chances but it's not going to be a cake walk even if Rogers is sulking and causing trouble.

True, but I like our chances even better given the situation.  Last year, their corners were allowed to strip search the receivers before the ball was in the air. Hopefully, the same will not be true this year.

On 8/10/2023 at 7:58 PM, Toyo321 said:

The countdown has begun and 9/11/23 is getting closer.   Sorry Rodgers you are not "Maverick" !!

No hiding from your fate now, it's time for a dog fight with JA17 and you are not going to maneuver your way out of this one!!

RogersFunny.thumb.jpg.b3d99841ce22651c6b87cbb915cabdf1.jpgjoshdogfight.thumb.jpg.b210d53ad4bde788a65ab693fb51fa06.jpg

Guess that Michael Vick meeting recently hit home 

On 8/10/2023 at 4:07 PM, Chaos said:

Aaron Rodgers has a history of pissing and moaning all the way to an MVP season

In all fairness his last five years have mirrored the Bills. Tons of regular season successes followed by post season disappointments 

Had Rogers ever had a division that was good? I am asking I can’t think of one elite QB or team in the Packers division.. maybe the Vikings but they haven’t had a really good QB in forever.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Guess that Michael Vick meeting recently hit home 

Dear lord, that ranks right up there with Costanza's 'curse toast' to the newlywed couple. 🤨😳🫢

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Had Rogers ever had a division that was good? I am asking I can’t think of one elite QB or team in the Packers division.. maybe the Vikings but they haven’t had a really good QB in forever.

How dare you?!  Cousins obviously knows it...obviously. 🤔

On 8/10/2023 at 8:33 PM, Nextmanup said:

I can hardly wait for this game to get here.

That Monday in the office is going to be tough to get through.

I'm taking the day off 

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Stafford 

On 8/10/2023 at 9:00 PM, rusty shackleford said:

Jets OL sounds weaker than ours. Good opportunity for Milano to give Aaron the Mike White special week 1.

Or the tua treatment 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

True, but I like our chances even better given the situation.  Last year, their corners were allowed to strip search the receivers before the ball was in the air. Hopefully, the same will not be true this year.

The refs better not allow it, but Sauce was doing his hands-on thing vs the NYG (preseason) so I'm not optimistic. If that type of play affects the outcome of the 9/11 game, I'll be pissed.

1 minute ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

The refs better not allow it, but Sauce was doing his hands-on thing vs the NYG (preseason) so I'm not optimistic. If that type of play affects the outcome of the 9/11 game, I'll be pissed.

What's worse, you know that if Elam is on the field doing the exact same thing, the flag is coming out every time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.