Training Camp - 8/3 - 9:45am

The Wiz

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Lets panic NOW after a few days of practice that a rookie is not yet starting at MLB and calling defensive adjustments.

Anyone who thought he would slip in magically at MLB this early is,  at best, naïve.

I don’t think anyone, including myself, is panicking. This is merely an initial observation. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

They tried him at MLB in the spring.  Guess they didn’t like what they saw/heard.  Maybe next year.  

Watching him do the tackle drill back in OTA was embarrassing. He could barely lift up the pad. Everyone else was lifting it easily. He’s weak.

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

If Dorian Williams is nothing more than a WLB then that pick becomes more of a head scratcher given Milano is signed through 2026.

Seems like a true developmental player. We’ll just have to wait and see how he develops. Things change fast in the NFL. Also he could develop into a sub package LB. Who knows. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

If Dorian Williams is nothing more than a WLB then that pick becomes more of a head scratcher given Milano is signed through 2026.

Milano plays SAM in the 43 the last 2 years 

If McDermott wants to go heavier he can run Dodson (Mike) Milano (Sam) Williams (Will) and have good speed and still play pass

• Like (+1) 1

From the Buffalo Range message board. They are saying Spencer got hurt today.

Today, Aug 3rd, Thursday

At the end of of practice, Bills OT Spencer Brown left the field walking with obvious stiffness and accompanied by several trainers. He looked extremely uncomfortable and could not bend over to pick up his helmet. He has a history of back problems.  (Earlier in practice he was actually winning a lot of reps)

Well, McDermott and Beane talked up Spencer Brown as "the guy" this year at RT.   That looks iffy now.

Have to wait and see, but back problems can be reoccurring.   

Our plan was to roll with Spencer Brown.    Our backups are:

Brandon Shell, Age 31.
Ryan Van Demark, 2nd year, UDFA out of Connecticut
Richard Gouraige, rookie UDFA out of Florida
Tommy Doyle, although he may not fully back from his injury

Good thing we drafted Dorian Williams in the 3rd this year, and not a potential RT.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Josh's off season has been wild.

Broke up with Brit and Dawson. Rebounded with Hailee and Dalton. This dude upgrades like no other.

Yes he has a perfectly fine realationship with Knox and the bills still expect big things given his contract 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea. It will end up being a bad pick IMO… special teams player with a 3rd round pick… seemed like Beane just really reached for need there like he has a tendency to do with his track record of bad 2nd/3rd round picks. 

Beane immediately said he’s Milano’s backup after drafting him. So no, he didn’t reach for need.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I know what he said… it’s a low hanging fruit/questionable use of a 3rd round pick either way… for a GM who is highly values his draft picks, Beane has a tendency to throw them in the trash.

I think a developmental OT or WR would’ve been better than a developmental OLB definitely. Especially after doing the same thing last year. So I agree it’s a terrible use of draft assets. Did the same thing at DE and RB. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I hope this isn't a serious post 

I feel bad for him.  Brandon Shell or Richard Gouriage should start.  It would make sense to have the 2 Gators grow next to each other on the line if he can earn it 

In response to all the trade Diggs chatter before training camp... hence the 👌sign

Edited by Solomon Grundy

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I wasn't being serious. I'm just weary that this staff will see his below average blocking skills as a reason not to trust him....and then he won't be on the field as often as he should be considering his talent level 

ahhh, ok. Sorry

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'll say it again. If Shell or the other guy are the best RT we have on this team it's going to be a very very long year.

Spencer Brown was absolutely awful last season. Josh Allen's Athleticism is the only reason Brown didn't allow double digit sacks. Brandon Shell might be an upgrade.

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

With Gabe Davis? Who wants a contract extension and has one of the worst drop percentages in the league I wish they had a different number 2 receiver yes 

And STILL put up almost 900 yards and 7 TD in an injury-shortened season

get real

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

And STILL put up almost 900 yards and 7 TD in an injury-shortened season

get real

There is the time he missed, then the much longer time that he was hobbled. I’m not saying that excuses all, but it’s real, whether you like it or not. Let us all pray for a fully healthy break out year that earns him a fortune, because that probably means very good things for the Bills and their fans! 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

With Gabe Davis? Who wants a contract extension and has one of the worst drop percentages in the league I wish they had a different number 2 receiver yes 

But we don’t. So who should be out there instead?

who cares if he wants a contract extension…. Literally every athlete in the world wants the same thing.  What does that have to do with anything?

24 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

If Bills got Breece a superbowl is guaranteed!!!

Especially if we traded Diggs for him….

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

Where’s mu 300 page Breece thread?

Dunkirk Donski, eh? Do you connect dots as a hobby? Do you wear fake glasses with a built in mustache? Nobody will recognize you!!!    😂 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Beane hates using high picks on WRs… or he doesn’t trust his scouts at the position. Either way, two years in a row of a LB in round 3… along with the RB picks in the early rounds have me scratching my head with his rationale. Little decisions like those have played a part in holding this team back from getting to a SB IMO. 

I don’t think it’s held us back any. It’s definitely hurt depth at OT and WR. 

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

I’m Mike Schoop’s worst nightmare 🥸

I don’t listen to the local radio stuff, but I thought Mike Schoop was everyone’s worst nightmare. This is coming full circle for me now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

disagree...ball hit him right in the hands in stride and he just never squeezed it.

it was a bad drop

Not sure why some are arguing this wasn't a flat out drop of a very catchable ball as it clearly was.  And IMO this drop, more then any single play in that game, was responsible for keeping the Fish close.  We likely use the rest of the half up and go in winning 24 - 6 if he catches that very catchable ball.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Its based off of McD's comments.  He was asked why they didnt rotate Spector in.  He said they wanted to look closer at Bernard and Tdot.  I have not heard Klein doing anything and he seems to be meeting my expectation of vet on the PS.  Spector seems to have more juice than I expected but I will be surprised if he gets the MLB job.

They don't need to look at Klein.  McDermott knows what Klein's strengths and limitations are in great detail.

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

My recollection is that what Beane said, in so many words, they'd like him to be an answer in the middle, and they might look at him a bit there, but that primarily he'd start outside and learn the game.  If he'd turned out to be some kind of savant in OTAs, we might be seeing him in the middle now, but that isn't what was expected.   What I understood Beane to be saying was that the guy could be a factor in the middle at some time, but probably not right away.   That is exactly what we're seeing.  

Agreed.  That’s pretty much what I said 😘 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. It will end up being a questionable pick IMO… special teams player with a 3rd round pick… seemed like Beane just really reached for need there like he has a tendency to do with his track record of bad 2nd/3rd round picks. 

Wanya Morris (OT), Michael Wilson (Wr) and Sika (dt) all were on the board and should’ve been the selection. Instead we threw the pick away just like last year when we burned the pick on Bernard instead of taking Parham. 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I know what he said… it’s a low hanging fruit/questionable use of a 3rd round pick either way… for a GM who is highly values his draft picks, Beane has a tendency to throw them in the trash.

Or it just may be that he understands more than you about how to build an NFL team, as shocking as that concept might be to you.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Summary: Offense won a bunch, then D. won a bunch. Then practice ended & Spencer Brown hobbled off stiff as a board w/ trainers, but someone saw him wiz by later on an electric scooter headed to the cafeteria for chow. 

And that right there sums up the entire 17 pages.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.