Training Camp - 8/3 - 9:45am

The Wiz

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Anything else would be cause for alarm!  Floyd is a stud and Greg is becoming one 

By the time the playoffs roll around and Von is back to playing winning football, we should have the pleasure of seeing some QB pressure in crunch time when we need it. Throw Ed in there as well, and it will be a pleasant change seeing Mahomes, Burrows and the others scurrying for cover. We’ve been on the wrong end of that pressure FAR too often! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

It'll be tough for Ray. He essentially needs to beat Shaq for a spot

As nice as it is to hear good things about Ray, I refuse to allow myself to be baited into believing he will make this team.  His path is simply unprecedented.  If it happens, I’ll gladly enjoy the rewards…but right now I’m a “I’ll believe it when I see it” guy in this respect.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

If you know anything about football, I wouldn't have to "articulate" that I meant the regular season. Please tell us when a player sat for the training camp and preseason?  It's absurd. 

Dude it helps to articulate. The insult was not necessary. You said sit him I took it at face value

3 minutes ago, eball said:

As nice as it is to hear good things about Ray, I refuse to allow myself to be baited into believing he will make this team.  His path is simply unprecedented.  If it happens, I’ll gladly enjoy the rewards…but right now I’m a “I’ll believe it when I see it” guy in this respect.

The thing about a guy like Ray, is that to my understanding NFL practice squad guys make more than CFL starters.  So he can possibly be stashed on the practice squad in case of injury, and he would be benefiting financially while working for a chance.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

When was the last time ANY players in the NFL sat for the preseason?  It's not hard to extrapolate the meaning. 

You've been posting here for quite awhile,  I have seen my share of takes that were posted and they did mean exactly what they posted. So again because there are plenty of posters with bizzare takes you should articulate. Its not hard to add those minute details. 

even so you still say sit him, which means he doesn't play a down in the regular season until he proves worthy. You did not say he should not win the CB2 job, you said sit him, which basically is a healthy scratch, and Elam has not done anything so wrong to where he would be a healthy scratch

17 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm excited to see the one-two punch from Cook and Harris.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Ray on the PS could be a good insurance policy.  Hope he keeps improving.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Ah, the gripes that have already been addressed resurface each and every practice day here at TBD as if they are brand new!

- Elam is very skilled at sticky man coverage and is still picking up his technique playing in zone scheme. No, he is not better than Tre, that was last year while Tre was still working back to 100%. Yes he is more talented than Dane of course, but RIGHT NOW Dane can play the full scheme steadily. Elam will still get plenty of time on the field and hopefully put it all together this season and take the 2 spot.

- Williams is a talented player, but probably overwhelmed on having to make all the D calls right now. That's why he is growing behind Milano for the time being. Not a wasted pick... What's wrong is to count on a 3rd rd draft pick to come right in and do all that. Does it happen? Yes. Not with any certainty though. 

All NFL teams have areas they aren't elite in. There's a salary cap. The last closest thing to a team without flaws was the 2011 Pats, 2007 Pats and 1991 Redskins. They are extreme outliers. The 2023 Bills have an elite roster as compared to their peers.

You are quite right, but alas, this will fall on deaf ears, and yet again these things will have to be explained to those that lack even median comprehension. 

kinda sad really…, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.